• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Booked & Paid

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Buen Camino, enjoy the view from the deck at Orrison! And remember to bring a few snacks for the walk to Roncesvalles as there are no shops or stops en route unless the Man in the Van is there. Orrison has breakfast and will make you a bocadillo but some nuts or chocolate will come in handy.

My only warning about Orrison is breakfast...the large bowl is for coffee so that you can soak the hard bread in before you can eat it...that took me 10-minutes to figure out but I don't drink coffee so it did not matter...but basically breakfast is coffee, tea, warm orange juice, warm milk, pastry, hard bread, dry cereal, and you can buy a cold coke and other drinks...the Orrison veterans brought instant oatmeal in packages and used the hot water for tea for something more substantial to eat...be creative but as an American this breakfast just did not work to give me energy to cross the Pyrenees Mountains...if you are lucky up near the cross (point #6 on the enclosed map) there will be a roadside food van selling hard boiled eggs and bananas which looked a lot more like breakfast to me. Buen Camino

Attachments

• LES PORTS DE CIZE.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 23
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Very happy today we have booked flight to return to Leon and complete our Camino, starting on April 15th. Great bonus to be arriving in Santiago for Ascension Thursday

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
When did you get a reservation for? I was trying to book for April 1, they told me I had to call the day before. Buen Camino
I'm assuming you called them, rather than emailed. I wonder if they are not taking reservations by phone except the day before, and they do accept emailed requests, hopefully eventually.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
When did you get a reservation for? I was trying to book for April 1, they told me I had to call the day before. Buen Camino
I'm assuming you called them, rather than emailed. I wonder if they are not taking reservations by phone except the day before, and they do accept emailed requests, hopefully eventually.
Actually I emailed them

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I don't think they are actually open yet, so I think that's why it may take longer. For me it was about a week.

€46,-
Not sure if I'm just repeating the previous post or not?!
I wanted to be sure Peter read this. If anyone can help I thank you in advance!

Not sure if I'm just repeating the previous post or not?!
I wanted to be sure Peter read this. If anyone can help I thank you in advance!
I don't think they are actually open yet, so I think that's why it may take longer. For me it was about a week.
I got my confirmation yesterday! Yep, took a week! Excited and Terrified beyond belief.

Orisson can be slow to respond, especially off season, but they will respond eventually!
Buen Camino, SY

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hmmmm.... I emailed Orisson on the 11th of January asking for a reservation for April 17th. They replied on January 16th and said "it is ok for one person"........"to confirm I send you one demand of payment by PayPal system". There was no attachment to the email. I have replied back to see if they forgot the attachment. In the mean time I tried to pay them directly thru PayPal and even called PayPal for assistance but no luck processing the payment. Perhaps the Orisson demand (invoice) has a special transaction code or number? Penny?? Merni1660? ScaryB4Coffee?

UPDATE: 1/19/16. Yes, you can expect an email from Orisson as stated above. A few days later they will send you a PayPal demand (invoice) with which you will pay for your reservation. You can use PayPal or your credit card.

Last edited:
Roncenvalles
Hmmmm.... I emailed Orisson on the 11th of January asking for a reservation for April 17th. They replied on January 16th and said "it is ok for one person"........"to confirm I send you one demand of payment by PayPal system". There was no attachment to the email. I have replied back to see if they forgot the attachment. In the mean time I tried to pay them directly thru PayPal and even called PayPal for assistance but no luck processing the payment. Perhaps the Orisson demand (invoice) has a special transaction code or number? Penny?? Merni1660? ScaryB4Coffee? (Ha! That's funny!)

Orisson e-mailed me a Paypal statement for payment and then responded later stating receipt of payment.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thanks for the replies to my inquiry. I'll post an update when I get this finalized in case anyone else has the same question.

Peace......

Hmmmm.... I emailed Orisson on the 11th of January asking for a reservation for April 17th. They replied on January 16th and said "it is ok for one person"........"to confirm I send you one demand of payment by PayPal system". There was no attachment to the email. I have replied back to see if they forgot the attachment. In the mean time I tried to pay them directly thru PayPal and even called PayPal for assistance but no luck processing the payment. Perhaps the Orisson demand (invoice) has a special transaction code or number? Penny?? Merni1660? ScaryB4Coffee? (Ha! That's funny!)

My reply also said.....to confirm I send you demand of payment by PayPal system. I too couldn't see any demand of payment so I replied to their email and almost immediately received an invoice from SARL APATHIA informing me of the payment to PayPal, shortly followed by an email from PayPal confirming the transaction. Best to email them I'd say.

Peter! Got a confirmation from Orrison today! Have a spot!
Likewise, received a Paypal invoice from Orisson today, so promptly made payment. Now with transport to and accommodation in St Jean organised, Orisson organised, it feels like my first Camino is becoming more than just some far off dream.
Probably should get off the computer now and maybe go for a training walk..............

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Likewise, received a Paypal invoice from Orisson today, so promptly made payment. Now with transport to and accommodation in St Jean organised, Orisson organised, it feels like my first Camino is becoming more than just some far off dream.
Probably should get off the computer now and maybe go for a training walk..............

When are you going, Peter?

I am kind of feeling sorry for the folks at Orisson right now. I think they need to re-word their confirmation, saying that the PayPal request may be a few days later. I also wrote back to them, asking where it was. They must be inundated with emails from nervous Caminantes.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hmmm they just asked me to phone the night before. No mention of payment and no email re PayPal. Maybe they just don't expect me to turn up in the first week of April with snow etc?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Just had reply from orisson with payment details.don't have PayPal account but it was easy to pay with mastercard also got email receipt straight away so booked for 26th April 2016!!!. That's a load off my mind cos it wasn't easy to book. At least my first camino stop is sorted! !!!

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back