• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Booked Ryan Air - Boarding Pass Printing

wilkinsonsworld

Hello there

I have booked a flight out of Santiago on Ryan Air, but I will need to print my own boarding pass. Is there somewhere convenient in Santiago where this can be done? If they print for me at the airport it will cost me another E40.00 (practically more than my flight cost!) :(

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best wishes
Jane

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I was in Santiago last week and printed out my ticket at the locutorio (close to Rua de San Pedro and the old town) costs maybe €1.

Locutorio Rasca Y Pica
Rua Algalia de Arriba, 46, 15704 Santiago de Compostela, Spain
+34 981 57 77 44 ‎

you can do it at the library too but you have to have a small usb- memory to carry your ticket from one computer (no printer) to the one with a printer. Free of cost.

Check the opening hours - locutorio takes a siesta and maybe not open Sundays.

no worries
no te preocupes.

A lot of the hotels have printers. You can ask if they will do it for you or find a Peregrino that is staying at a hotel and ask them to print it out. The AC Palacios has one in the lobby.

Ultreya
Joe

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
locutorio is right on the camino and has a dozen computors too. Inexpensive.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
You can print Boarding passes at Hotels But I still hate Ryan air I said no to Insurance but Paid 15 E for it , They do not understand the word NO.......Hell is to pleasent a place for Mr M, O,L......

We used the internet at Cyber on Rua do Senra (straight down from the Cathedral going down on past the pilgrim office on Vilar). They were able to print out our internet booking for our hotel on the way home. Cost 12 cents per page and they are very helpful. Machines cost €1 per half hour and give a 10 minute warning so you can ´top up´time.
Buen Camino
TerryB and Tia Valeria

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Consider the bus or the train before you book Ryan Air. I dutifully printed my boarding pass at a computer place in Santiago(felt pretty good about that), got on the right bus to the airport, waited at the airport, was then sort of advised, after a couple of hours, by RyanAir that the plane landed in Portugal instead and to take a bus to where it was. Ended up splitting a car rental with 3 others, one of which was a Spanish businessman who drove all the way to Madrid. I think he may have been an angel...Buen Camino!

Hi there,
my son and I faced this issue last year, but as it turned out, it was no problem, b/c in the towns previous to Santiago, we found internet cafes, which give you access to the internet and printing privileges, I think it costs us all of 2 Euros for 2 boarding passes... good luck!
cumbriahiker

Sorry if this is a repeat, but I don't see my previous question in this thread - can't you just print boarding passes at the Santiago airport? I would have showed up there without one - that's not an option? Thanks!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Sorry if this is a repeat, but I don't see my previous question in this thread - can't you just print boarding passes at the Santiago airport? I would have showed up there without one - that's not an option? Thanks!
As I know usually airports doesn't have printing options otherwise aircarriers would have loss a lot of their income in form of fees for non-on-line check-ins. At least for Stansted (London) I know you can't print anything.
I don't know for SdC though but maybe e-mail notification of on-line check-in might be enough. It is with Iberia but I don't know about other providers. Best to check the small print of particular one.

As I know you can print your boarding pass in Pilgrims Office in Santiago and also at @natefaith (http://pilgrimhousesantiago.com/) and maybe even at Casa Ivar (http://www.casaivar.com/) which is our forum founder.

Hi Jane
You don't have iPhone ? I don't usually print any boarding pass now . Once I check in online I can save the boarding pass on the phone and show it at the airport. I do the same with accommodation booking and trains.
In the past when I was not using this system , I could check in online ( the queues are much shorter at the airport ) and I have then told them I could not print boarding pass and they printed for me . This was not with Ryanair though.
I am also intending to use Ryanair after Camino to fly to Italy probably in October but I have not booked a flight as yet because I don't when it will be . I am d
flying home from Milan.

Anne

As I know usually airports doesn't have printing options otherwise aircarriers would have loss a lot of their income in form of fees for non-on-line check-ins. At least for Stansted (London) I know you can't print anything.
I don't know for SdC though but maybe e-mail notification of on-line check-in might be enough. It is with Iberia but I don't know about other providers. Best to check the small print of particular one.

As I know you can print your boarding pass in Pilgrims Office in Santiago and also at @natefaith (http://pilgrimhousesantiago.com/) and maybe even at Casa Ivar (http://www.casaivar.com/) which is our forum founder.
Thanks!!!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi Jane
You don't have iPhone ? I don't usually print any boarding pass now . Once I check in online I can save the boarding pass on the phone and show it at the airport. I do the same with accommodation booking and trains.
In the past when I was not using this system , I could check in online ( the queues are much shorter at the airport ) and I have then told them I could not print boarding pass and they printed for me . This was not with Ryanair though.
I am also intending to use Ryanair after Camino to fly to Italy probably in October but I have not booked a flight as yet because I don't when it will be . I am d
flying home from Milan.

Anne

@Annie Little
So far, the airports that I fly through in Canada all have machines where a traveler can print her/his own boarding pass, by using the credit card that was used to buy the ticket, for example. This saves time in the check in lines and staff to supervise the process. But I am also changing to checking in online and getting an online boarding pass. I am not sure that this will do for long flights through multiple airports, as any one might not be set up for this, whereas the paper boarding passes seem to be accepted everywhere at present.

@Annie Little
So far, the airports that I fly through in Canada all have machines where a traveler can print her/his own boarding pass, by using the credit card that was used to buy the ticket, for example. This saves time in the check in lines and staff to supervise the process. But I am also changing to checking in online and getting an online boarding pass. I am not sure that this will do for long flights through multiple airports, as any one might not be set up for this, whereas the paper boarding passes seem to be accepted everywhere at present.

I have been using this system since I got an iPhone . You do have to make sure your phone is fully charged . It works by having the boarding pass "barcode" saved to phone then I just show the barcode and I think they scan it . I have used it overseas where I have stop overs and on domestic flights in Australia . I assume you would only have this available for airlines that use the system . Although I would think these days it is everywhere.

Cheers
Anne

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back