• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Booking Abbey Foy

kmccue

Time of past OR future Camino
I've sent 2 messages for a reservation at Abbey Foy in Conques, with no response. Has anyone had success? Or should I wait until closer to my departure, September?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I walked the Le Puy with 2 friends last June. We had not made a reservation ahead of time for the Abbey Foy, but we arrived early that day, and waited in line as we'd heard that they keep 10 beds open for walk-ins. We really lucked out and secured a private room for the 3 of us and it even had its own bathroom. It was a wonderful and unique experience to stay there!
I don't say this very often, but I am happy to say "the Camino provided"!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I've sent 2 messages for a reservation at Abbey Foy in Conques, with no response. Has anyone had success? Or should I wait until closer to my departure, September?
Hi again, kmccue - I went through the tourisme-conques.fr site, hébergements section, and used the links for the Abbaye from there. It took a few tries to get a response and I used two different emails for them to do that. They secure reservations with PayPal, if I remember, which is reassuring and unlike other reservations I made for lodging along the Le Puy. I got a private room under the eaves with shared showers/bath, which worked out well. They're very hospitable and the communal meal was a lot of fun. The mass that evening was not-to-be-missed along with a presentation about the doors to the cathedral and a musical performance where pilgrims were encouraged to leave their worries behind. Pierre is one of the volunteers who speaks a good bit of English.

Last edited:
I tend not to book ahead.

I arrived at Conques mid afternoon from Golinhac.

I was first in to the municipal alberque, and first out in the morning. Not certain why the fuss about a place that started, according to the information on site, as a result of the theft of a holy relic.

I too have experienced a delay in their reply, which when it arrived was very courteous. They are busy monks and their day starts early. If you are sure you are using the correct email address (I used saintefoy@abbaye-conques.org), please give them a couple of days. It's very early to book for September.
I loved staying there and can't wait to go back.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
In my experience the quality of the meal varies with the staff. Some people have been quite unhappy.

The real drawback of the Abbey is that the dormitories can be quite large. I was in a room with 32 beds. With that many people, you’re guaranteed a snorer and a noisy early riser. My second time in Conques I didn’t return to the Abbey. (Just to be clear, the Abbey is just for dining and sleeping. The church is separate and open to all for Mass, a tour, a concert, and outdoor lecture.)

Most read last week in this forum

Hello - I am planning to walk about the first half of the Via Podiensis next month, May 2024. I will start from Le Puy and walk for 16 days. I am flying into Paris and would like to purchase a sim...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back