• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Booking Accommodation on the Porto - Coastal Route departing 21 May 2020

Time of past OR future Camino
cycled from Pamplona Sep 2015;Frances, walked from St Jean May/June 2017. Plans to walk Porto 2020
Hola/Ola. Brother and I are walking the Porto Coastal as far as Caminha. We are thinking that we would book accommodation for the first two or three nights and then take it as it comes. Anyone stayed at Lavra/Angeiras cabins? Or in Vila Do Conde - any recommendations?? Thanks in advance!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
We are thinking that we would book accommodation for the first two or three nights and then take it as it comes.

The Coastal Route has become very popular, and in May it is VERY popular.

If you know your basic itinerary it might be a good idea to pre-book every night.

When I walked in Sep 2018 (similar month to May for numbers of people) everywhere I stayed (I had pre-booked) was full.

In early May 2018 I had also pre-booked places. Unfortunately I picked up a bad cold, so I tried to change my bookings for the next few nights from dormitory beds to private rooms, so as not to pass on the cold, but everywhere was full.

I think the demand for beds has now exceeded the supply on that route, unless you are happy with much more expensive hotels.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Anyone stayed at Lavra/Angeiras cabins?

If you mean the Orbitur chalets - yes, highly recommend! Don't book via their website, or with booking.com, as if you contact them directly you can get the pilgrim discount on presentation of your credencial. Excellent value.

If you mean the Orbitur chalets - yes, highly recommend! Don't book via their website, or with booking.com, as if you contact them directly you can get the pilgrim discount on presentation of your credencial. Excellent value.

Holq/Ola @jsalt . I think I have an email address - and I can use google translate to send the message in english and portuguese. I saw in Brierley that there was a discount for pilgrims. Much appreciated.

Turns out I do not have an email address for this establishment. Also the reviews section indicates that phoning was a problem - not answering the phone. Anyone ever been able to email or phone??
Cheers

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
In Vila do Conde I stayed at Erva Doce. They treated me well, it was clean & the location was fantastic. I had trouble finding it though. It was 3 houses away from the CP and I should have google imaged it the night before. Lesson learned.

Do you know if they speak English?

We are doing it starting in June 2020 and I have booked every night using Booking.com working on an average of 23 - 25kms per day.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I stayed there also. Just walked in. Excellent. I was upgraded to an aircon chalet at no extra charge and also got the pilgrim discount.
Regards
Gerard

You can check the entire route for accomodation on the list at https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...stal-and-central-route-camino-portuguese.404/

When I check the places in Vila do Conde, there's a few of them with recommendations (under the 'comments' column) - it means that several users here or on the Facebook-pages for the camino has recommended them:
Hostal Erva Doce
Hostal Venceslau
Hostal Bellamar

Enjoy!
Christian

I stayed at Vila do Conde at Hotel Brazao - my notes say "great little hotel".

Most read last week in this forum

Hello! My partner and I are preparing to do around 7 days of the Camino Portuguese route, starting at the end of April. We're flying to Porto from Edinburgh, and looking at the best route to...
Will be walking the CP in Aug/Sep with planning clearly focused to staying (for the most part) on the Litoral. However, (using Brierley's Guide) the stage from A Ramallosa to Vigo sets up quite a...
Doing research for my upcoming Camino, I want to connect from coastal to central in Caminha. According to JB the ecopista is pleasant along the river, but I notice Stingy Nomads recommend the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back