A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Buy any book, get free camino shell

Booking accomodation going into Santiago

Camino(s) past & future
Primitivo (2018)
Hola Peregrinos. I’m currently in Lugo and have been looking at booking accomodation ahead of time for O Pedrouzo and SDC via booking.com (I don’t habla enough Spanish to do it via phone). My question: on booking. Com it all seems pretty booked out even 3-5 days ahead. Do albergues only pre-book a portion of beds and keep some aside for ‘walk ups’? Or do I need to be worried already given it’s peak season? I’d planned for 4 nights in SDC - might that be a problem? Thanks in advance :)

jefferyonthecamino

http://www.barrerabooks.com/ - Guidebooks
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés (1994)
Camino Francés (2013 - 2017)
Camino Portugués (2015 - 2017)
I'd be a bit concerned. Pedrouzo is the classic night before santiago for many pilgrims. Santiago gets its share of tourists (apart from pilgrims) in august

Iriebabel

Iriebabel aka Cyborg Turtle
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances April (2018)
Camino Del Norte for April (2019) possible Primitivo
I didnt pre booked in Albergue Azabacke, but they had beds end of May. Not sure about this time frame but I would suggest booking ahead just based of volume of summer pilgrims. they speak english and have private and 2 bunk rooms . Make sure you ask for one off the quieter rooms as it is 200 meters from cathedral and it can get a little loud at night. It’s on the left just after you enter the square with the fountain/bars before going down hill to the cathedral. There is also an “albergue Last stamp”. Located just across the fountain in the first square with he bars... both reasonable and I havent heard a bad word about either one. I had a few friends who stayed at the monastery (on booking.com in a very reasonable private room, on the hill) but its quite far removed from the square and if you dont want to walk a couple more km and remain in the thick of it, it may not be a good option.

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 9 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 35 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 112 14.6%
  • May

Votes: 188 24.5%