• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Booking ahead?

Hannamm

Time of past OR future Camino
This June
I’m planning on walking the French route starting in a few days and I’m wondering I need to book accommodations ahead of if I’ll be able to walk into town and get something each night? Also wondering where to get the camino passport. Any info is appreciated!!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Lots of debate on booking or not.

I booked out rooms ahead myself because I plan to stop and do art along the way. I don't want to worry about arriving late or racing to get a bed.

Where are you starting from? Likely you can get a credential there. I'm getting mine from the Pilgrims office in St. Jean PDP where I start off.

I’m planning on walking the French route starting in a few days and I’m wondering I need to book accommodations ahead of if I’ll be able to walk into town and get something each night? Also wondering where to get the camino passport. Any info is appreciated!!
The Pilgrims Office in St Jean pd Porte will provide you with a credencial (Pilgrim Passport) and a list of accommodations.
https://www.gronze.com/camino-frances also provides accommodation and route information.

Whether you want to try to book accommodation is rather dependent on your own inclinations, the type of accommodation you are seeking and how you'll feel if you have to walk further or go off-piste to find accommodation from time to time.

Buen camino

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
In my experience it is/was much more magical to go with the flow.

In Sept 2013 I arrived in SJPdP late in the evening, 8:00p, due to the train delay. I and several other pilgrims didn't have a bed. The Pilgrims Office volunteers helped each one of us get one. I, along with an Irishman were given a bed/twin beds in an attic of an albergue. It was the perfect start to my first Camino. There was more magic ahead on what was my best Camino of three. I believe it was the best because I didn't have any preconceived notions, just my guidebook. No phone, not a thought in my head as to what I was doing. Believe me when I say, I earned my nickname; PereGreenGa. LOL I just put one foot in front of the other, learning along the way. Walk, Eat, Sleep, Repeat. It really is that simple.

Once you are on the trail you can gage if booking ahead is necessary. Perhaps from Sarria to Santiago but not really before then. If you are going solo it's easier to get a bed/the last bed.

Buen Camino and let the Magic begin. :)

Last edited:
You will find numerous threads on this forum regarding booking or not. As there is no one way to walk a Camino, booking or not booking both work. In part, it may depend on your comfort level. Some folks feel more comfortable knowing that when they arrive at a destination that a bed awaits. Others, may be more willing to deal with looking for a bed if their first choice is full. I’ve done both - booked and not booked. My Camino experience wasn’t particularly effected either way. Nowadays, when I travel with my wife, we book in advance. She’s more comfortable with knowing we have beds or a room. When I travel solo, I tend not to book. I’ve not found this variable to effect the quality of my time along The Way. With that said, you might find your first few days out of SJPP on the crowded side. I’d book in SJPP during a busy time and possible in Roncesvalles as well. Or, walk past Roncesvalles and stay in Burguete where beds probably won’t be an issue. As I like to leave in the morning just as it’s getting light outside, I can usually get to my destination by early afternoon. Most of the time, an early arrival is good enough to secure a bed without a reservation. The learning curve on the Camino is quick and steep. You will figure out very quickly what works best for you for your Camino experience.

We are getting a good number of purportedly clueless proto-Peregrinos on here these days. Is it asking too much for someone to do just a little bit of research before posting a ‘tell me how to do a Camino’ question?

I know there are a number on here with a boundless willingness to share their experience and solid advice; but still …

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
We are getting a good number of purportedly clueless proto-Peregrinos on here these days. Is it asking too much for someone to do just a little bit of research before posting a ‘tell me how to do a Camino’ question?

I know there are a number on here with a boundless willingness to share their experience and solid advice; but still …
I concur :) It's still fun to share.

Last edited:
Most Tourist Offices will have pilgrim passports, some churches too. Booking ahead depends on the season or if there is a local holiday. No guarantee that you can walk in to a village or town and get a bed for the night.

If you want to sleep in private rooms you need to book. Traditional pilgrim accommodation is dormitory style in albergues (pilgrim hostels) so that's where most beds are to be found. Single rooms are more rare and more difficult to find, so more planning is needed.

If you're okay with a dormitory bed or a mattress on the floor at the end of the day, for this time of the year it shouldn't be necessary to book, (unless you want to for some personal reason). Municipal and parroquial albergues usually can't be booked, so those are perfect as a walk-in pilgrim.

For peace of mind you could also book until Pamplona and then just go with the flow.

The pilgrims office in St. Jean will give you a list with all the albergues, distances between towns and elevation profile of the whole way.

Then just follow the shells and yellow arrows, knock on the door of an albergue when you're tired, and repeat until you've reached your destination. It's quite simple.

Buen Camino!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I think the best advice is from someone on the route. We just ended our Roncesvalle to Burgos today.
It is imperative that you reserve in Orison or Roncesvalle NOW (though if you get to Roncesvalle by 1 Pm, it may not be a problem). We arrived May 18th at 4:15 pm, with a reservation, and witnessed MANY people turned away at Ronsesvalle due to the beds being full. It took us 2 1/2 hours just to get registered (but It may be in part due to the time we arrived).
Since we were not registered until 6:45pm, we witnessed a lot of desperation. They even announced that ALL beds all the way to Pamplona were full.
After Pamplona, generally beds were available if it was a large albergue AND you arrived by 1 or 2 PM.
There is a really low number of beds around Villafranca and especially Ages and Atepuerco.
Many people reserved at least 2 days ahead, at all times (farther ahead if you want to get into a cheaper, private Albergue). The few times that I wanted to reserve 1 day ahead, it was very difficult to find a bed, and usually I could only find a hotel or hostel bed at a higher rate.
The Camino Frances has been crazy busy from my May 19th departure. A more recent departee may guide you a little better. This is my 4th time and the Camino Frances has changed. Someone who we walked with, and is walking now feels it has even changed/gotten busier since last year.
It is still a great experience, but I thinks it's good to have updated info. A few days after you start, you will have a feel of what is right for you. Buen Camino.

I would book first 2 days ahead at least. They are limited options. Day 1 is tough walk but wonderful and being told u have to taxi back or forward would be frustrating to me.

Don’t be a turkey face! If you don’t want to answer questions or think “us” too needy just move on and don’t be soooooo judge mental just because you know things !

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
May is a crazy busy month for starting in St. Jean, similar to september, that's not new. It's high season for starting in St. Jean. For that month reservations at least until Pamplona are a very good idea, especially for slow walkers and those walking long days.

But I think it can't really be compared to a summer start from St. Jean.

June and july are usually much less busy, as it is after the high season wave of may.

Many are afraid of walking in the heat, so there's less pilgrims (until Galicia). Especially the Meseta I found to be quite empty in summer.

I've walked in june/july '17, july '19 and july/august '22. No problem finding a bed apart from Pamplona during San Fermin, once (my own stupid mistake). It was definitely busier last year (a holy year) but was still possible to find a bed as a walk in when I wanted to.

Most people I met last year usually didn't make reservations and had no problem (I prefer public albergues so tend to meet more people with a similar approach).

Of course things can always change and it seems to be a very busy year this year, so I could be wrong. Just in my experience summer is a good time to start from St. Jean because it is not so busy (until Sarria 🤣 but that's only a short section).

Hopefully some pilgrims who have started in the last few days can give information how busy it is exactly at this moment this year. I always find it interesting how different it can be within a few days, let alone weeks or months!

I think the best advice is from someone on the route. We just ended our Roncesvalle to Burgos today.
Except that your limited experience is now weeks out of date and is not reflective of someone starting now.

The number of people starting at St. Jean changes rapidly during April, May and June.

At this time of year, those starting at St. Jean will generally be fine unless they encounter a rare large group or a local festival or event.

I saw one other pilgrim today and none yesterday. Of course, I am not walking the Frances but if someone is put off starting the Frances then there are plenty of other Caminos to walk

It is probably smart to reserve if it is a significant source of anxiety to you. Maybe reserve the first few nights out of SJPDP and then see how it goes from there. Many places are not reservable. Others using booking.com may still have beds as they don't give all beds to booking.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Be kind

I just returned from CF two weeks ago. The reason I cut my Camino short was that I couldn’t find a place to stay beyond Belorado. Everything was full. Had been reserving places two nights in advance. A bubble? Don’t know but I do know that it’s crowded. Would definitely suggest booking places as far ahead as possible.

I am trying to convince myself to do the Camino Frances this year for the first time. But horror stories about not finding a place to stay have me worried. How late into September would I have to start, in order to avoid major problems? I realize that booking ahead a day or two is wise, but it sounds like that strategy may not work due to the large number of people on pilgrimage.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I just returned from CF two weeks ago. The reason I cut my Camino short was that I couldn’t find a place to stay beyond Belorado. Everything was full. Had been reserving places two nights in advance. A bubble? Don’t know but I do know that it’s crowded. Would definitely suggest booking places as far ahead as possible.
So, what you are saying is that there were no reservable beds on the common booking sites. Meanwhile from Belorado all the way to Santiago the un-reservable beds lie empty. A little research, or even faith, might have lengthened your Camino

I am trying to convince myself to do the Camino Frances this year for the first time. But horror stories about not finding a place to stay have me worried. How late into September would I have to start, in order to avoid major problems? I realize that booking ahead a day or two is wise, but it sounds like that strategy may not work due to the large number of people on pilgrimage.
Why are you starting in September? Possibly the busiest month after May. Why are you dependent on a bookable bed when most of the available beds aren’t bookable?

Perhaps you should stop reading horror stories and do some proper research

I just returned from CF two weeks ago. The reason I cut my Camino short was that I couldn’t find a place to stay beyond Belorado.
Did you stay in any of the non-reservable public or parochial albergues?
I am trying to convince myself to do the Camino Frances this year for the first time. But horror stories about not finding a place to stay have me worried. How late into September would I have to start, in order to avoid major problems?
I would start in the 3rd week of August to be ahead of the September crowds.
Why are you starting in September? Possibly the busiest month after May
Actually, September is historically busier than May.
Check out this thread

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The Brierly book says that August is the busiest month but the thread you referred to says something different. Why not just leave later in September? At least that is what I was thinking.

The Brierly book says that August is the busiest month but the thread you referred to says something different. Why not just leave later in September? At least that is what I was thinking.
Brierley is possibly talking about arrivals in Santiago. It's a different metric than starts from SJPdP. Read the thread I linked to.

Brierley is possibly talking about arrivals in Santiago. It's a different metric than starts from SJPdP. Read the thread I linked to.
Yes, I did read the thread. I was just explaining my logic. But I think that you are right, May and September are maybe the worst times to start from SJPDP. Thanks for pointing this out.

Other than airport hotels, my wife and I have never prebooked any accommodation on six different Camino's. We haven't ever had an issue finding a bed yet,
We love the unpredictability and the excitement of finding a place each night. We like to check a place out before we put our money down...maybe this is why we haven't ever encountered a bed bug yet. Life can often be too predictable at home.
If the idea of potentially sleeping outside one night terrifies you, then maybe a Camino may not be for you.
Walk in faith. There is aways a bed if you expect one to be there. You just need to go with the flow and relax.
Being totally fixated on accommodations will spoil your walk.

Last edited:
One thing to consider for first timers: It appears many are spending more time booking than training. If the same amount of effort went into being trail fit, some of the apparent panic would be mitigated, as the capacity to walk to the next town would not pose a hardship. I truly believe people having pre-booked accommodation (whether booking their own or booking with tour group) leads to more injury, as the need to get to the booked accommodation leaves no room for flexibility if you want to have a short day. While going your own way and carrying a pack may sound daunting, it actually provides the ultimate flexibility and freedom. Where your pack is, there is your home. Having it with you is the most freeing feeling in the world.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Other than airport hotels, my wife and I have never prebooked any accommodation on six different Camino's.
We love the unpredictability and the excitement of finding a place each night. We like to check a place oit before we put our money down...maybe why we haven't ever encountered a bed bug yet. Life can be too predictable at home.
If the idea of potentially sleeping outside one night terrifies you, the Camino may not be for you.
Walk in faith. There is aways a bed if you expect one to be there. You just need to go with the flow and relax.
Being totally fixated on accommodations will spoil your walk.

The Camino is for everyone, not just those who approach it your way. I would never, ever put myself in a position to need to sleep outside, yet here I am walking the Camino right now. It is most definitely for me.

Incidentally, I am spending no time being fixated on my accommodations because I booked them all in advance. That was my approach and it works for me.

I am not saying your approach is wrong, because it is clearly right for you and your experience would be “spoiled“ as you say if you didn’t approach it that way, but don’t assume that what works for you is what everyone else should do or they should just stay home.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
One thing to consider for first timers: It appears many are spending more time booking than training. If the same amount of effort went into being trail fit, some of the apparent panic would be mitigated, as the capacity to walk to the next town would not pose a hardship. I truly believe people having pre-booked accommodation (whether booking their own or booking with tour group) leads to more injury, as the need to get to the booked accommodation leaves no room for flexibility if you want to have a short day. While going your own way and carrying a pack may sound daunting, it actually provides the ultimate flexibility and freedom. Where your pack is, there is your home. Having it with you is the most freeing feeling in the world.
100% agree. Good insight.

If during a busy period then I suggest booking St Jean and Roncesvalles and perhaps your next stop after those. After that I would not want to shackle myself to stopping somewhere, having to stop walking with nice people I had just met or perhaps stopping early due to bad weather ... blisters or finding a nice albergue and feeling tired ?

Less restrictive to go with the flow and have open options. I have walked during very busy periods and have only ever booked the very start.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The Camino is for everyone
While I agree the Camino can potentially be for everyone I would qualify that by saying:
1.) You really should be in good general health with no serious health issues or mobility issues. Many people believe they are fitter than they actually are. I was one of those on my first walk. Lessons learned.
2.) You have trained adequately.
Or failing the above have an appropriate support team to help you within your abilities to complete some or all of a Camino route. I have witnessed this on most of our Camino's. Met a guy that was on crutches that did the entire Primitivo route.
I've met many people over the years that were so over physically overwhelmed they quit or for some I was able to help them reassess how they were going at it and helping them do a 'reset.'
For the vast majority of people a Camino walk will be the most challenging thing they will ever do. Although people that have done the Appalachian Trail, Pacific Coast trail or West Coast Trail would likely feel a Camino was realitively easy. Certainly the hiking I do in the Canadian Rockies is much harder.
While I will agree their is no 'right way' to walk a Camino I can't help feel the excessive planners are kind of missing the point of one. I guess it really depends on your reasons for doing one. Again my personal experience with only having a general idea of where my wife and I would be each night felt very freeing. Meeting new people each day often influenced where my wife and I ended up each night. Having everything prebooked would have ruined this flexability and wasted time cancelling reservations and making new ones.
Glad to hear your plan works for you...

Let me give an example...
Last night at 8 pm at our albergue a Spanish couple brought us a pilgrim in their car. He had intended to stay in a town 4,5 km away. One hotel was closed. The other full. We were not full and happy to have him join us for the meal and the night. The couple and the pilgrim could not communicate in the same language, but the Spanish people honor humble pilgrims and knew what he needed...

It it causes you too much anxiety to walk without booking, the do book. But the Camino is full of good people and experiences. You miss some by staying always where you feel comfortable.

It is imperative that you reserve in Orison or Roncesvalle NOW (though if you get to Roncesvalle by 1 Pm, it may not be a problem). We arrived May 18th at 4:15 pm, with a reservation, and witnessed MANY people turned away at Ronsesvalle due to the beds being full. It took us 2 1/2 hours just to get registered (but It may be in part due to the time we arrived).
Since we were not registered until 6:45pm, we witnessed a lot of desperation. They even announced that ALL beds all the way to Pamplona were full.
After Pamplona, generally beds were available if it was a large albergue AND you arrived by 1 or 2 PM.
There is a really low number of beds around Villafranca and especially Ages and Atepuerco.
Many people reserved at least 2 days ahead, at all times (farther ahead if you want to get into a cheaper, private Albergue). The few times that I wanted to reserve 1 day ahead, it was very difficult to find a bed, and usually I could only find a hotel or hostel bed at a higher rate.
The Camino Frances has been crazy busy from my May 19th departure. A more recent departee may guide you a little better. This is my 4th time and the Camino Frances has changed. Someone who we walked with, and is walking now feels it has even changed/gotten busier since last year.
It is still a great experience, but I thinks it's good to have updated info. A few days after you start, you will have a feel of what is right for you. Buen Camino.
My first Camino was in 2006 (I've returned several times since) and every local and hospitalero/a I have spoken to over the years has told me without hesitation that May is always the busiest month.
I think it's important to mention that so as not to put people off who may be going in June, July, August or September...

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I agree with the previous reply that says that number doubtless relates to arrivals in Santiago (the school holidays in August mean hundreds of young Spaniards fo the last 100km, often in scouts groups).
I have done several Caminos over the years since my first one in 2006 and every local and hospitalero/a has replied "MAY!" to my question regarding which month is busiest.

That’s so rude 😆

I'm sorry you cut your Camino short. Would you mind sharing when and where you started?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Don’t be a turkey face! If you don’t want to answer questions or think “us” too needy just move on and don’t be soooooo judge mental just because you know things !

That’s so rude 😆
There was a time when questions which had been addressed recently on the forum would have generated a response along the lines 'this has been answered. Use the search function and come back if you what has already been discussed doesn't answer all you concerns.' That wasn't an unreasonable request a decade ago, but now there seem to be tender souls who are sensitive to having it pointed out to them that they are little different to most other members of this forum, and it is not just possible, but extremely likely that their concerns have been addressed.

Of course, the growth of the forum has seen far more members who are prepared to answer these questions, and appear to have the time to research the forum and other sources, and provide some of the wonderful array of information that gets presented here every hour of every day.

But I don't see that as an excuse for this behaviour. I am over 70, and I expect anyone around my age or younger to have reasonable skills using a computer to undertake research on the internet, unless perhaps they have spent all their time playing computer games. So what is rude is not take the time to use some of those skills. We have all been newbies, and I suspect for many of us our first questions were similar to @Hannamm's, and had that pointed out to them.

So, @Hannamm, you are not the first to find that you have stepped into this circumstance. Your question has recently been actively and extensively discussed, as it always is around this time of year as both old and new members grapple with the vagaries of the crowding that occurs at particular times of year, the difficulty of knowing whether there will be beds available when the booking engines are showing no vacancies, not knowing whether an albergue which won't take bookings might have beds available if you arrive later in the day.

If you are able to take the time to search for these discussions, and you find you still have concerns, you might find others can offer you more specific advice that addresses those concerns that you haven't been able to resolve.

Last edited:
There was a time when questions which had been addressed recently on the forum would have generated a response along the lines 'this has been answered. Use the search function and come back if you what has already been discussed doesn't answer all you concerns.' That wasn't an unreasonable request a decade ago, but now there seem to be tender souls who are sensitive to having it pointed out to them that they are little different to most other members of this forum, and it is not just possible, but extremely likely that their concerns have been addressed.

Of course, the growth of the forum has seen far more members who are prepared to answer these questions, and appear to have the time to research the forum and other sources, and provide some of the wonderful array of information that gets presented here every hour of every day.

But I don't see that as an excuse this behaviour. I am over 70, and I expect anyone around my age or younger to have reasonable skills using a computer to undertake research on the internet, unless perhaps they have spent all their time playing computer games. So what is rude is not take the time to use some of those skills. We have all been newbies, and I suspect for many of us our first questions were similar to @Hannamm's, and had that pointed out to them.

So, @Hannamm, you are not the first to find that you have stepped into this circumstance. Your question has recently been actively and extensively discussed, as it always is around this time of year as both old and new members grapple with the vagaries of the crowding that occurs at particular times of year, the difficulty of knowing whether there will be beds available when the booking engines are showing no vacancies, not knowing whether an albergue which won't take bookings might have beds available if you arrive later in the day.

If you are able to take the time to search for these discussions, and you find you still have concerns, you might find others can offer you more specific advice that addresses those concerns that you haven't been able to resolve.
People can be so judgmental on this site. If you don't want to answer a question, then don't. But in any case, be kind.

So, what you are saying is that there were no reservable beds on the common booking sites. Meanwhile from Belorado all the way to Santiago the un-reservable beds lie empty.
My experience in 2022 on the CP, and again this year on the Variante Espritual from Valenca and the Sanabres from Ourense is that what @Tincatinker is saying here is quite real. Last year when I walked to municipal and xunta albergues that couldn't be booked, they were never full. In one instance, there were just three of us in a albergue with 24 spaces. Others staying in that town were having difficulty booking places.

This year, on the Sanabres, I started from the Xunta albergue in Ourense. Only one other person stayed the night that I was there. Other than one night in a taberna that I booked, I stayed in albergues, most of which were Xunta or run by a parish association. None were full. While I couldn't tell how full the parochial albergue was, in none of the Xunta albergues was a top bunk occupied. That is some 20 spaces or more available in each of those locations in unbookable albergues.

I booked a bed in a taberna, at Botas / Estacion de Lalin. When I realised that I needed to change the date of my stay, Booking dot com reported that there were no beds available on the new date. I contacted the property to see if they still had rooms, which they did, and made the change. So pretty clearly the property had beds that weren't being offered through the booking engines.

While my individual observations on these two matters are from other Camino routes, and not the CF, it seems to me that they do demonstrate the very points that @Tincatinker is making here about the CF.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
People can be so judgmental on this site. If you don't want to answer a question, then don't. But in any case, be kind.
I don't think that suggesting that a question has already been answered and that the answer can be found with the search engine is necessarily judgemental or unkind. If it is phrased as "what an idiot you are..." then I can see that, but if it is done politely there is nothing wrong with it. It is an answer, just not a direct one. In some cases it may be more helpful than a direct answer, because it can lead both to the information requested and new knowledge and skills that will help the person asking the question get the most out of the forums.

I don't think dougfitz was being rude, disparaging, or unkind in his post that you quoted and responded to. I think he was being helpful.

Your mileage may vary, of course.

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
HI all, I will be starting my walk on March 31, taking the Valcarlos Route, and am having trouble getting in touch with the albergue in Valcarlos (tried email and what's app - no luck!). Does...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back