• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Booking Flights in and out of Spain

ZachChurch

Time of past OR future Camino
Hello! I am planning on starting in Sarria and finishing in Muxia/Finisterre in late september. I was wondering if anyone had info on which airports to fly in and out of for this. Thank you so much.

Best,

Zach

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hello! I am planning on starting in Sarria and finishing in Muxia/Finisterre in late september. I was wondering if anyone had info on which airports to fly in and out of for this. Thank you so much.

Best,

Zach
Zach,
For transport links try
Rome2Rio
Happy planning/dreaming

It would be easiest to fly into Santiago and then take a train to Sarria. At the end of your camino take a bus back from Finisterre or Muxia to SdC and then fly out.

Last edited:
Another idea, if you have the time: Fly into Madrid and spend a day or two, then take the train or bus (we always take the train) to Sarria.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Wow thank you all so much. Sounds like a plan! If I fly out on September 15 from Los Angeles and fly out of Santiago de Compostela on September 30 do you think that is enough time do all I want to accomplish or should I try to get a few more days in there so it’s not rushed?

I want to fly into Madrid, train to Sarria, walk to Santiago, then continue on to Muxia and Finisterre, then bus back to Santiago for my flight on 9/30. I may be able to leave on 9/12 instead of 9/15 if you think that’s a good idea.

Also, once I have my plane flights, what are the next steps? Do you recommend just browsing through all the threads here to prepare or a particular guidebook? Sorry for all the questions. Thank you so much.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Zach,
More time would allow you to relax/recover a bit before starting to walk.

Many pilgrims do indeed start from Sarria . Reading various threads here on the forum would certainly help with your planning.

Also check out this
Gronze Camino Frances
guide on line for info on the route from Sarria and places to stay.

This link is for the
Gronze Camino Finisterre

Happy research and Buen camino

Last edited:
Wow thank you all so much. Sounds like a plan! If I fly out on September 15 from Los Angeles and fly out of Santiago de Compostela on September 30 do you think that is enough time do all I want to accomplish or should I try to get a few more days in there so it’s not rushed?

I want to fly into Madrid, train to Sarria, walk to Santiago, then continue on to Muxia and Finisterre, then bus back to Santiago for my flight on 9/30. I may be able to leave on 9/12 instead of 9/15 if you think that’s a good idea.

Also, once I have my plane flights, what are the next steps? Do you recommend just browsing through all the threads here to prepare or a particular guidebook? Sorry for all the questions. Thank you so much.
It's always better to have more time! There's lots to see and do in Spain. You won't regret having extra time.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Well I did it! Just booked my flights :) Arriving in Madrid 9/12 at 2:00pm and leaving Santiago de Compostela on 9/30 at 9:00am. Can’t wait!!!!
Congrats Zach - you will not regret this and the adventure and joy of the Camino awaits! Buen Camino!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.