• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Booking in Colmenar Viejo

Time of past OR future Camino
2006 to date: Over 21 Caminos. See signature line
Has anyone had any luck booking a room at Chiscon a year in advance?
I'm trying to plan another Camino Madrid for 2016.
I'd like to take maybe 4 people with me, but I'm having difficulty booking at Hostal El Chiscon.

Has anyone walked to Colmenar, then taken a train back to Madrid for the night?

Do we know of anyplace to stay other than Hostal El Chiscon?
Has anyone ever found the mysterious Hostal Chabeli?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I don't know if hostales like the Chiscón open booking so early as a year in advance but you can try to ask them using the contact form available on their web.

http://granhostalelchiscon/contacto

Regarding the Hostal (or pensión) Chabeli, look for a thread called Sleeping in Colmenar (use the search feature of the forum) when other forum member posted some details about how to get there although they are dated on 2012 and things could be different nowadays.

It seems there's another hostal in Colmenar Viejo: Hostal Pasión por Colmenar although, as well as on the Chiscón, bookings might not be opened so early. Not sure if this is their official web (or a fake one) but it might be someway useful:

http://www.hostalpasionporcolmenar.com

You can also book el Chiscón through Booking (www.booking.com) and the Pasión por Colmenar through Infohostal (www.infohostal.com).

Annie, Hostal El Chiscon is on booking.com, so I'll bet the problem is that they don't book that far ahead. They have plenty of rooms available next week, so they can't be booked up for next year!

Colmenar Viejo is the last stop on the Cercanias line, so you can easily go in and out from Madrid if you prefer to stay there. Buen camino, Laurie

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thanks Laurie. I bet you're right about booking ahead. But I booked a room in Madrid for that night, just in case :)

I took the cercanías back to Tres Cantos and ended up in the Holiday Inn (it was a Sunday and it wasn't clear whether the albergue in the town hall was going to open).

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Annie, Hostal El Chiscon is on booking.com, so I'll bet the problem is that they don't book that far ahead. They have plenty of rooms available next week, so they can't be booked up for next year!

Colmenar Viejo is the last stop on the Cercanias line, so you can easily go in and out from Madrid if you prefer to stay there. Buen camino, Laurie

This actually isn't a bad idea, Laurie. You could walk from Tres Cantos to Colmenar, then tren to Madrid, spend the night, then tren back to Colmenar and start walking again.
It would be cheaper to sleep and eat in Madrid, as well. I can find whole rooms there for under 30 euros and a room at Hotel Chiscon was 60 euros.
Hmmmm... I'll have to mull this over.
If I do this route again, this will be a good option.

Hola, Annie!

I remember I called Sra.Andrea (habitaciones/camas) but everything was already booked as it was weekend. I don't remember which number I dialed but I think one of the two will do: 617-655-243 or 91-845-09-90.
Maybe someone at Tursimo may help you too: 918-453-136.

Have a nice day!

Hi. Just a suggestion - I stayed first night in Tres Cantos, second night in Manzanares de Real then third night in Cercedilla......
It worked - not sure if more places for you in M de Real...

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi. Just a suggestion - I stayed first night in Tres Cantos, second night in Manzanares de Real then third night in Cercedilla......
It worked - not sure if more places for you in M de Real...

Yes, that is close to what I did last time I walked this.
I took the train to Golesco and walked to Colmenar Viejo.

Jane, where did you sleep in Tres Cantos?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Yes, that is close to what I did last time I walked this.
I took the train to Golesco and walked to Colmenar Viejo.

Jane, where did you sleep in Tres Cantos?
! That was quite a challenging first night! I stayed in the Municipal Town Hall where they have a room in the basement. I was there alone - pretty creepy actually in a vast building! But, it was clean and comfortable and I was grateful. Had to leave very early as it was a Saturday and the duty policeman was going to shut the building for the weekend. But there is a wonderful bar that was open run by a lovely welcoming lady. All was well!

Most read last week in this forum

Hello I am in the planning phase of the Camino de Madrid. Hoping to start walking in late May. The Confraternity of James' guidebook in out of print and no longer available, so I have been basing...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.