Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

Bookings for July camino

yulkapics

Year of past OR future Camino
Dear all, I am planning to do a 10 day Camino with my 10yo from Irun to Deba (approx) in July. Would it be completely mad to rely on walk-ins for overnights along the route without pre-bookings? We are ok to pick up an occasional hotel if needs be and aim to walk shorter stretches of 10-15 km per day...

2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets

Pilgrim_95

Young Pilgrim
Portugues - 2015
Norte - 2016, 2020
Frances - 2018
We did the Camino Norte last year in the mid july. We walked from Santander and it was crazy busy. Lots of Spaniards going for holiday to the coast. Municipal albergues closed. Mostly pricey hotels were available. Quite a lot of pilgrims as well. I would book or reserve albergues at least for few days ahead. You can use Gronze.com to find some contacts :)

Camino Masks
12 different designs, shipped world wide from Santiago.
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery

Dave

First: Camino Francés 2002; most recent: Norte/Primitivo 2019
Not this year. The municipal albergues all remain closed in the Basque Country and capacities elsewhere are limited.

yulkapics

Thanks for this info Dave. I had not realised that. Do you know if that's the case everywhere on the Camino? I assumed they would open in July...

Dave

yulkapics

Ok, onto bookings then. Thank you so much. This is beyond helpful - and, of course, nothing is normal this year... It may be wise to wait till October. But we will try...

Mandygoingplaces

This is the best thing I've seen all week!! Hoping to walk third leg of the Norte starting Aug 9th and IF we can go - this will be a lifesaver. Thanks for your time compiling it!

Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.

Dave

Just made ~30 new updates this morning! Most of the news is good, though it was a bummer to see that the municipal albergue in Castro-Urdiales will not be reopening in 2021.

Mandygoingplaces

Just made ~30 new updates this morning! Most of the news is good, though it was a bummer to see that the municipal albergue in Castro-Urdiales will not be reopening in 2021.
That was good timing then :) Castro was beautiful, but I guess expensive now without the Municipal Albergue.... Starting from Comillas for 8 days this time. Will let you know if I find out anything on that stretch, although will probably wait till nearer the time to enquire. Thanks again!

BuenC_JamieG

Conscious Travel Coach
Camino Frances (2016)
Camino Portugal (2020)
Camino del Norte (2020)

Dave

Is this expected to last thru the year?
Depends on the place. Galicia is reopening, with 50% of the Xunta albergues now open at partial capacity. No movement on the Basque Country. As I mentioned above, at least one answer from Cantabria about an albergue not reopening in 2021. Some places are just in wait-and-see mode.

Pretty much all of the hotels will be open. It's shared accommodation that is much trickier from a public health management perspective.

Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

Dave

Yeah, don't get too troubled by that. It's getting misapplied in a lot of different places right now.

Turigrino

Carpe Diem
I found this on the webpage of the Irun municipal albergue

"El año 2021 está pendiente de la evolución de la pandemia; de momento, no se abrirá hasta septiembre"

"For now (de momento) the albergue won't open until September"

This may be a general rule affecting all municipal albergues run by this association in Basque Country - but that's just my opinion, I don't know that.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads