• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bookings for July camino

yulkapics

Time of past OR future Camino
Dear all, I am planning to do a 10 day Camino with my 10yo from Irun to Deba (approx) in July. Would it be completely mad to rely on walk-ins for overnights along the route without pre-bookings? We are ok to pick up an occasional hotel if needs be and aim to walk shorter stretches of 10-15 km per day...

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
We did the Camino Norte last year in the mid july. We walked from Santander and it was crazy busy. Lots of Spaniards going for holiday to the coast. Municipal albergues closed. Mostly pricey hotels were available. Quite a lot of pilgrims as well. I would book or reserve albergues at least for few days ahead. You can use Gronze.com to find some contacts :)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Not this year. The municipal albergues all remain closed in the Basque Country and capacities elsewhere are limited.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thanks for this info Dave. I had not realised that. Do you know if that's the case everywhere on the Camino? I assumed they would open in July...

Ok, onto bookings then. Thank you so much. This is beyond helpful - and, of course, nothing is normal this year... It may be wise to wait till October. But we will try...

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
This is the best thing I've seen all week!! Hoping to walk third leg of the Norte starting Aug 9th and IF we can go - this will be a lifesaver. Thanks for your time compiling it!

Just made ~30 new updates this morning! Most of the news is good, though it was a bummer to see that the municipal albergue in Castro-Urdiales will not be reopening in 2021.

Just made ~30 new updates this morning! Most of the news is good, though it was a bummer to see that the municipal albergue in Castro-Urdiales will not be reopening in 2021.
That was good timing then :) Castro was beautiful, but I guess expensive now without the Municipal Albergue.... Starting from Comillas for 8 days this time. Will let you know if I find out anything on that stretch, although will probably wait till nearer the time to enquire. Thanks again!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Is this expected to last thru the year?
Depends on the place. Galicia is reopening, with 50% of the Xunta albergues now open at partial capacity. No movement on the Basque Country. As I mentioned above, at least one answer from Cantabria about an albergue not reopening in 2021. Some places are just in wait-and-see mode.

Pretty much all of the hotels will be open. It's shared accommodation that is much trickier from a public health management perspective.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Yeah, don't get too troubled by that. It's getting misapplied in a lot of different places right now.

I found this on the webpage of the Irun municipal albergue

"El año 2021 está pendiente de la evolución de la pandemia; de momento, no se abrirá hasta septiembre"

"For now (de momento) the albergue won't open until September"

This may be a general rule affecting all municipal albergues run by this association in Basque Country - but that's just my opinion, I don't know that.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back