• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

books on El camino del Norte

Lorelei

looking for guidebooks on the El Camino del Norte....I am a first time pilgram and need a lot of information! plus any advice on choosing this route as my first? I am traveling second week of sept. 2008 onward. I keep checking websites but you can't flip through a web sit?
thanks lorelei

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Have a look on the Confraternity of St James Website:

http://www.csj.org.uk/route-coastal-route.htm

Guide books.

Los Caminos del Norte (Pilgrim Guides to Spain # 4) Confraternity of Saint James. Detailed route description and accommodation where known. ÂŁ5.00 each. Available in our Bookshop. In the following parts:
Introduction (2004)

A: Ruta de la Costa, 1: IrĂşn to Villaviciosa (2005). 2005 update

A: Ruta de la Costa, 2: Villaviciosa-GijĂłn-ArzĂşa (2005). April 2006 Update.

B: The Tunnel Route (2002).Update

F: The Camino Primitivo (2002)

Full details of all these on the author's website.

El Camino de Santiago del Norte, by Paco Nadel and Fundación Caixagalicia. El Pais/Aguilar. ISBN: 84-03-50228-1. €19.90. The guide covers the route as far as Villaviciosa and then turns inland to the Camino primitivo. One of the few guides that crosses provincial boundaries. Can be bought at http://www.cervantes.com
Dos Caminos a Santiago, A lavishly produced reprint in A4 format of the old spiral-bound guide. All the inaccuracies in the maps are still there but excellent for an overview with some good photographs. Can be obtained free by writing to the Bilbao Tourist Office, Paseo del Arena, 1 - 48005 Bilbao, Spain.

Make sure to check their updates too.

John

Most read last week in this forum

Mary Colwell’s new book The Gathering Place: A Winter Pilgrimage Through Changing Times. Why did it make the 2024 shortlist of the best travel books? Several of the books on the shortlist are...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.