Search 60,048 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Boots in Burgos

Past OR future Camino
Future Camino Frances (2022)
Hi, might need to change my current boots and go up from an EU44 2/3 to an EU45. I am in Burgos on Monday 16th May. Any good walking boots/shoe shops in Burgos?

2022 Camino Guides
The 2022 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop

SabineP

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
some and then more. see my signature.
Hi, might need to change my current boots and go up from an EU44 2/3 to an EU45. I am in Burgos on Monday 16th May. Any good walking boots/shoe shops in Burgos?

There is always Decathlon but this tienda Deportes Manzanedo looks promising.

Good luck!

Shropshire lass

Past OR future Camino
1/2 way on Frances
Ingles completed
Try Deportes Manzanedo, ( south of river, not too far from bus station )we bought some walking pole ferrules there a few years back. Watch out for their siesta time closure!

NorthernLight

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Le Puy to Santiago via the Frances 2012-2013. EPW2015
Aragonese & Frances 2016
Burgos to Muxia 2017
The Decathlon store in Burgos is 2.5 km south of the bus station. There is a Hipercor store and a McDonalds at the same location, and there used to be (so maybe still is) a free bus that goes there if you don’t want to walk. I replaced my hiking boots there with a pair of trail runners that saved my camino.

Past OR future Camino
New untried boots??...old boots better...watch out for foot problems...new boots take a while to adjust to old feet.....

Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets

davebugg

A Pilgrimage is time I spend praying with my feet
Past OR future Camino

The size difference is negligible. If you are having issues with your footwear being too tight, you may need to go up even further. This guide I wrote may be of help

SteveSherry

Past OR future Camino
2014,Camino Frances, 2016 Frances, 2018 Francés, 2016/18 Finisterre and Muxia
There is always Decathlon but this tienda Deportes Manzanedo looks promising.

Good luck!
Deportes is a great option. I bought some Bestard boots there a few years ago to upsize and they were perfect from day one.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 105 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads