A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Boots mix up! Help needed

Camino Badges

Rachel D

Camino(s) past & future
2018, 2017, 2016, 2015
Hi all, we stayed in hornillos del camino last night in municipal albergue. Someone has accidentally taken a pair of our boots -(grey /merrell/uk mens size 7) and left a similar pair of size 9. If you have any info please message me. Thank you. Rachel

Walli Walker

Camino(s) past & future
Frances '2009',Portuguese '2015', Ingles '2015', Fin and Muxia '2015'. Camino from Granada '2017'.
Oh Rachel, I feel for you. This happened to my husband’s boots in Tui on the Portuguese Camino. Thankfully he was reunited with them at the end of the day. I hope you are as lucky.

Rachel D

Camino(s) past & future
2018, 2017, 2016, 2015
Thanks, really hoping we will find the person this evening as it won't be much fun for them when they try to put on shoes that are two sizes too small. :-/

Leibniz

Peregrina
Camino(s) past & future
Frances from Astorga (2018)
Frances/Invierno from SJPP (2019)
Did you leave YOUR details to the municipal in Hornillos in case the people who took your husband’s boots call?

jmcarp

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2013
Camino del Norte a Chimayó (USA), 2015
Camino Portugues, 2017
This is a common occurrence. Something as simple as tying the laces of the two shoes together on the albergue's boot shelf will at least alert the sleepy person that these may not be his or her shoes. Some pilgrims replace the original laces with bright orange or green laces to make them more identifiable; however, this implies action before starting the Camino. An alternate is tying a brightly-colored ribbon through the heel loops after you remove your shoes or boots and place them on the shelf upon arrival.

Rachel D

Camino(s) past & future
2018, 2017, 2016, 2015
This is a great idea and I'll definitely at least tie my laces together this evening and tell my friend to do the same :) Thanks for the suggestion.

DebR

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances:
2013; 2014; 2015; 2017; 2018; and counting down to Christmas 2019
This is a common occurrence. Something as simple as tying the laces of the two shoes together on the albergue's boot shelf will at least alert the sleepy person that these may not be his or her shoes. Some pilgrims replace the original laces with bright orange or green laces to make them more identifiable; however, this implies action before starting the Camino. An alternate is tying a brightly-colored ribbon through the heel loops after you remove your shoes or boots and place them on the shelf upon arrival.
I tie the inside laces from each boot together, and look for somewhere on the boot rack to tie the outer laces to. Same principle: even a sleepy fellow pilgrim will probably realise they didn’t tie their boots to the albergue itself!
Of course, on reflection the effectiveness of this technique is eroded somewhat by telling everyone about it...oops!

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 5 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 43 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 162 15.3%
  • May

Votes: 261 24.6%