• We are struggeling with some issues with images and attachments not loading on the forum. This is some left-over problems from the other day. We have back-ups of everything, so nothing is lost, we just need to link things up again so that it works. In short, we are working on it. Sorry! Ivar
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Boots

richeyboy

Time of past OR future Camino
SJPdP-SdeC: Oct 2011; SJPP-Leon, Oct 14; Tomar (PO)/SJPP Oct 15
I have been using standard leather boots with goretex for all the walking (cross country, mountains and roads/tracks) I have done so far however my current much loved pair is ending its live and I shall need to replace them before I do the Camino next year. I have been recommended MBT boots (Masai Boot Technology) but before I buy a pair (they are not cheap) I wondered if anybody has experience of them and in particular would they be suitable for the camino frances?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi - I've been looking at the MBTs as well. Not quite convinced about their suitability for the camino, especially the downhill parts. A couple of people have reported that their toes got jammed into the front of the boot on downhill sections. Have a look at the forum:

http://www.mbtshoesforum.com

Good luck!

lynne

I have a pair of MBT shoes, but have stopped wearing them. As I have aged I have the pleasure acquiring knees that ache and become sore after walking or exercising. The MBT shoe was recommended to me, but after attempting to wear them for several months I just stopped. My knees were far more painful than normal.

The MBT may be an excellent shoe for others, but it is not a shoe/boot that will work for everyone. They are pricey. If you are going to purchase them, clarify that the store has a good return policy. If you are not absolutely sold on them after wearing them a short time, take them back and then go down and buy from a host of other brands that are also excellent choices for less money.

Walk gently, but in as much comfort as possible.

Michael

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Michael - Thanks for that heads-up. My knees are not great either and they always need acupuncture and physio before and after each camino. I currently have the most knee-friendly boots I have ever owned, so I think I'll pass on the MBTs, and save that chunk of money. Others really love them, however, so whatever helps your journey. :)

lynne

After walking in New Balance All Terrain shoes, HiTec boots and in a pair of sandals, I have gone back to the Hi Tec Waterproof V-Lite with the Vibram sole. They are lightweight, comfortable and give my skinny ankles just the right support.

Most read last week in this forum

I’m leaving soon for CP and again attempted to use what’s app without success. I was trying to call a hotel in Spain, it just rings but nothing else. A few years ago I tried using in within Spain...
Starting our Camino on May 6. Super excited! These forums have been awesome! Doing Coastal Portuguese from Porto with my daughter and her girlfriend. Definitely packing good lightweight rain...
I realize every ounce matters when carrying backpack and not shipping luggage ahead. However, I know that the Spaniards are big into meat and potatoes, and not so much produce. I am thinking of...
Hola, I gearing up to start my 1st CdS and have seen people recommended sleeping bag liners to protect against bed bugs. Do these help or is it a myth? Should I add the extra weight of bringing one?
Michael @wisepilgrim had mentioned a new feature that he was developing for Wise Pilgrim, and it looks like it is now in operation. You can check the app and see in real time how many beds are...
I’ve been stressing about charging my devices, so just want to make sure. I have this 4port Powered USB hub which I’m connecting to an adapter to fit European (at least Spain, since I know it...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.