• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bordeaux - Del Norte - Santiago

MariM

Time of past OR future Camino
Hello, please advise. I would like to start the camino in Bordeaux and then connect to Del Norte.
I found two parallel routes in the credential, one coastal and the other inland. I would like to go to the coastal one, but I can't find any information. What is the route, where exactly does it lead, is there a possibility of accommodation, etc... Does anyone have any experience please? Thank you

A selection of Camino Jewellery
This way is known as "voie du littoral" while the inland is Turonensis (voie de Tours)
The littoral way is known to be flat and straight, with few accommodations, perhaps more convenient for bikes...
Buen Camino !

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
This way is known as "voie du littoral" while the inland is Turonensis (voie de Tours)
The littoral way is known to be flat and straight, with few accommodations, perhaps more convenient for bikes...
Buen Camino !
thank you :)

The coastal is called Voie Littoral which leads to Bayonne, from where there are two choices of following the marked camino or rhe coastal voie littoral. Several pilgrim associations are useful with maps, guides an accomodation

Then Gronze on its Norte route includes info for section from Bayonne to Irun

There are a few pilgrim gites on this coastal route and some pilgrim friendly accommodation but it is limited until Bayonne. (I am planning the entire Voie Littoral this summer but taking a tent).

The inland route is more travelled Voie de Tours and there are alot more resources including guidebooks on this.

We cycled the Voie Littorale in June 2017 and, in reverse, in June 2022. The paths can be very straight and often coincide with the fire breaks in the forest, so don't offer much in the way of shade. They aren't too bad for cycling, because there are few hills and we can generate our own breeze! We also can go up to 25 kms between water points. But I'm not sure about walking that way.
I believe earlier (in the early 2000s) routes for the Voie Littorale were a little further inland, stringing together more villages and some of the signage remains, but even there there's a lot of roadside walking on asphalt.
Sorry to be pessimistic.
If you like the seaside and don't mind spending quite a bit more on accommodation and food, it may suit you!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Voie Littorale jsme jeli na kole v červnu 2017 a naopak v červnu 2022. Cesty mohou být velmi rovné a často se kryjí s přestávkami v lese, takže nenabízejte mnoho stínu. Na cyklistiku nejsou příliš špatné, protože je tam málo kopců a můžeme si vytvořit vlastní vánek! Můžeme také ujet až 25 km mezi vodními body. Ale nejsem si jistý, jestli jít touto cestou.
Domnívám se, že dřívější trasy (na počátku 21. století) pro Voie Littorale byly o něco dále ve vnitrozemí, spojovaly dohromady více vesnic a některé zbytky značení, ale i tam je spousta cest po asfaltu.
Omlouvám se za pesimismus.
Pokud máte rádi moře a nevadí vám utrácet o něco více za ubytování a jídlo, může se vám to hodit!
Slyšel jsem, že pobřežní silnice byla tři roky uzavřena...
No já se toho asfaltu bojím... Jdu se dvěma psy, raději přírodní cestu

Most read last week in this forum

Hello Has anyone recently walked any of the GR653A Via Aurelia towards Santiago de Compostela. I am in the Var area near Le Muy but cannot find any local info. I did find part of the route on...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back