• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bordeaux -> Oloron-Sainte-Marie (Camino de Arles)

ValeryGL

Time of past OR future Camino
future: Aug 2019. Oloron -> Somport -> Puente la Reina
Dear colleagues,

I and my wife plan to start our first Camino from Oloron-Sainte-Marie. Please take a look at our schedule, is it realistic? I'm worried about a way from an airport to the trail and from trail to airport.
Trekking is the same in every country :)

ARRIVAL:
0. Flight to Bordeaux
1. Night at Bordeaux. BTW, can we get creancial directluy in Bordeaux? I see two locations where it looks possible: www.cathedrale-bordeaux.fr and www.bordeauxcompostelle.com
2. By train from Bordeaux-St-Jean station to Pau (12:02 --> 14:19)
3. By bus (T3 or P20) from Pau to Oloron-Sainte-Marie

-- Camino de Arles (to Somport)
-- Camino Frances por Aragon (from Somport to Puente la Reina)

DEPARTUE:
4. by bus from Puente la Reina to Logrono
5. by train fron Logrono to Barcelona
6. Flight back to USSR

Does it look like realistic?
Thank you in advance!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I've got my Credencial in Oloron in the tourism office twice. Guess it is still like this.

You have more choices from Bordeaux, e.g. 10:02h. At 12:50h you can have a regional train (TER) to Dax, where you change into another TER for Pau. You will arrive in Pau at 15:11 and after changing again Oloron @ 15:44. That connection should cost much less than the TGV.

Instead of going to Oloron by train!, you might as well stay next to Pau in the neigboring Lescar (nice stamp) or do an afternoon walk to La Commande.
The nearby Lourdes adds an extra pilgrimage for catholics. You can also use it as starting point.

return: towards Barcelona you should prebook a train from Pamplona. It's much faster.
Doing Pamplona or Logrono to Barcelona by bus takes 6hours and ~30€. You have more choices if you are willing to change transportation in Zaragoza (yet another town on a Camino ;)).

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
If you plan to stop walking at Puente la Reina, definitely take the bus to Pamplona. Pamplona is a great city and has a lot more transportation options to get you to Barcelona.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 82 years old. I have walked all but 250k of the Camino Frances alone, carrying my pack and staying in communal aubergues in 2017 and 18 and loving it! I am now on a mission to walk the final...
Hi I have a question regarding regulations in French airports on what is allowed to bring as carry on luggage. I have a small lightweight Victorinox SD multitool including a small knife that is...
I have been looking every day for weeks and weeks to purchase tickets from Santiago to Segovia at the end of my Camino on May 13th and was getting concerned as on both the Renfe and Trainline...
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
Hello, we are a family of 5 travelling from Australia on a 7 week trip of Europe. We are walking the first few stages of CF from SJPdP to Pamplona only. I've been searching the threads for info...
I read that municipal auberges will not accept luggage transferred by courier. Is this correct, if so is there a way around this? I prefer to stay at municipal auberges and carry my backpack since...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back