Search 60,048 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets

Botafumeio

Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
2022 Camino Guides
The 2022 Camino guides will be coming out little by little, most of them by the end of 2021. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Past OR future Camino
Portuguese Coastal (2018)
Portuguese Coastal, with Spiritual Variant (2019)
Jim, I would like to arrange the same. How did you do this and may I ask what contribution is expected?
Hi MaxHelado,
I've recently been in contact with another party that made the same arrangements and they were successful. First, email your request to: botafumeiro@catedraldesantiago.es
The cathedral will then likely email you back requesting that you pay a fee of 450 euros in the form of a wire transfer to the Archbishop of Santiago and they'll include the bank info needed to do that.
According to my understanding, that's it.

Past OR future Camino
Planning to walk the Portugues from Vigo
Hi MaxHelado,
I've recently been in contact with another party that made the same arrangements and they were successful. First, email your request to: botafumeiro@catedraldesantiago.es
The cathedral will then likely email you back requesting that you pay a fee of 450 euros in the form of a wire transfer to the Archbishop of Santiago and they'll include the bank info needed to do that.
Thanks, Jim.

Camino Jim

Past OR future Camino
Frances(12), Portuguese(13), Finisterre(13), Norte(14Partial), Ingles(17),Via de la Plata(19partial)
Jim, I would like to arrange the same. How did you do this and may I ask what contribution is expected?
Hi MaxHelado,
All the above is correct it needs to be a least one week in advance

Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Camino de Santiago of the Canary Islands
The officially recognized Camino de Santiago on the Canary Islands!
Past OR future Camino
I fear that the 450€ may be a bit too salty for me. But another idea would be to share the cost. I will be arriving in Santiago on Monday 6th June. Anyone else arriving that same day? Happy to arrange it if others could help with the cost.

Camino Jim

Past OR future Camino
Frances(12), Portuguese(13), Finisterre(13), Norte(14Partial), Ingles(17),Via de la Plata(19partial)
I fear that the 450€ may be a bit too salty for me. But another idea would be to share the cost. I will be arriving in Santiago on Monday 6th June. Anyone else arriving that same day? Happy to arrange it if others could help with the cost.
Max, I requested the same and had about 5 offers but the logistics and figuring out the split that was fair wasn’t easy as well as payment so I Just bit the bullet as one would say and did it asking that at the service they could give what they could. The Catedral sets aside Two booths for those that pay 5 to 6 per booth

Past OR future Camino
Max, I requested the same and had about 5 offers but the logistics and figuring out the split that was fair wasn’t easy as well as payment so I Just bit the bullet as one would say and did it asking that at the service they could give what they could. The Catedral sets aside Two booths for those that pay 5 to 6 per booth
So the booths can hold 10 to 12 people in total? How does the Cathedral know who to admit into the booths? Forgive me but I can't block the image of a Golden Ticket!

I can certainly see the logistical problem of collecting money ahead of arrival in Santiago but I can also see a practical problem in collecting it on the day! How will you do that?

Camino Jim

Past OR future Camino
So the booths can hold 10 to 12 people in total? How does the Cathedral know who to admit into the booths? Forgive me but I can't block the image of a Golden Ticket!

I can certainly see the logistical problem of collecting money ahead of arrival in Santiago but I can also see a practical problem in collecting it on the day! How will you do that?
I’ve just asked that when they see me and my friend to just approach and give what they can

Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery

Peregrinopaul

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
VdlP(2012) Madrid(2014)Frances(2015) VdlP(2016)
VdlP(2017)Madrid/Sanabres/Frances reverse(2018)
Just curious. Where are the booths?

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 105 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings