• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Botafumeiro - A group request a service

jsmith199

Time of past OR future Camino
June (2013)
I will be traveling the Camino Frances in June and plan to arrive in SdC on July 14th. I will be there for two nights. I have read that the cathedral will provide a special service with the botafumeiro for groups who are paying. Does anyone know more about this and is anyone interested in forming a group?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hola

As the summer progresses tour groups book and pay for the botafumeiro frequently so it is used more often than in the winter months. The Chamber of Commerce has also arranged for the botafumeiro to fly every Friday evening at 7.30pm.

John

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
All I know is that its supposed to cost about €300

Please ask johnnie walker to clarify the fees. I believe he mentioned €300 euros as a minimum. But in his website, he mentioned €800 for tourist in group of less than 50. Is the €300 for school, church or pilgrim group? Or is it for everybody as a minimum fee?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I went to Mass at the Cathedral about three times, at different times of day and on different days, during the end of my Camino. I was surprised, and delighted, to find that the butafumeiro was swung at all three Masses.
At any rate, my purpose for going to the Cathedral was not to see the (admittedly famous) swinging of the incense, but to give thanks for all the lessons of the Camino, to pray for the safe return home of all the members of my new Camino family, and to ask for blessings for my family and friends who supported me, long distance, every step of the way.
In other words, serendipity may allow one to see the butofumeiro anyway!
Kathy
PS - I notice the original poster has, hopefully, long since finished his/her Camino and is at home, no doubt wistfully toying with the butofumeiro keychain he/she picked up in Santiago, already planning the next visit.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
It is swinging today at the Pilgrim Mass, and there is a gaggle of robed men. It is probably swinging for them rather than the pilgrims...

Most read last week in this forum

I just completed the Camino Fracis. I got to the pilgrim office in time to get my compesela, and had a very positive experience there. I dedicated my camino to a close cousin who recently passed...
It's been 5 years since being in Santiago and my perceptions are stuck in a decade ago. But these days it's so much easier to find good vegetarian and vegan food here. Yesterday I had a wonderful...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.