• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bought equipment! This is happening.

Novos

Time of past OR future Camino
September 2016
Hi there,

After staying at the store for almost 4 hours (they kept the store open just for me for about 45 minutes), white smoke came out!
I'm done with the major equipment.

Backpack: Gregory Z 40
Shoes: Salomon hillpass mid gtx

Total cost was 250$.

Anyway, i'm just happy i'm done with it and finally i can start training.

Will be in St.Jean or Roncesvalles in the end of august.

Thanks for all your help.

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi there,

After staying at the store for almost 4 hours (they kept the store open just for me for about 45 minutes), white smoke came out!
I'm done with the major equipment.

Backpack: Gregory Z 40
Shoes: Salomon hillpass mid gtx

Total cost was 250$.

Anyway, i'm just happy i'm done with it and finally i'm can start training.

Will be in St.Jean or Roncesvalles in the end of august.

Thanks for all your help.
Wish you a wonderful journey and a Buen Camino, Peter.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Do you think shoes' soles fit the camino?

Hi Novos, I'm not sure that I understand your question. Are you concerned that you've bought the wrong shoes? If it's any consolation, lots of people walk the Camino in Salomon trail shoes or mid boots. A lighter shoe would work fine, but if you're happy with the fit and comfort of your boot, you should probably stick with it. However, it's important to do lots of walking in your new footwear before your Camino - so that you can make an informed decision about what works best for you.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Do you think shoes' soles fit the camino?
I think that you're asking if the sole/tread is suitable for - and durable - for a Camino.

Hopefully, someone on the forum will have experience with that particular brand and style and can give you the benefit of their experience.

The manufacturer states: Delivering optimal traction on varied surfaces, Salomon's Contagrip® outsoles use the ideal combination of specialized rubbers for each specific use.

Sounds like a good start!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Just letting you know that i replaced my shoes with The north face men's hedgehog mid GTX, which is more comfortable for my feet. Will test it during the next few days.

Thanks.

Most read last week in this forum

I’m leaving soon for CP and again attempted to use what’s app without success. I was trying to call a hotel in Spain, it just rings but nothing else. A few years ago I tried using in within Spain...
I realize every ounce matters when carrying backpack and not shipping luggage ahead. However, I know that the Spaniards are big into meat and potatoes, and not so much produce. I am thinking of...
Hola, I gearing up to start my 1st CdS and have seen people recommended sleeping bag liners to protect against bed bugs. Do these help or is it a myth? Should I add the extra weight of bringing one?
I’ve been stressing about charging my devices, so just want to make sure. I have this 4port Powered USB hub which I’m connecting to an adapter to fit European (at least Spain, since I know it...
Michael @wisepilgrim had mentioned a new feature that he was developing for Wise Pilgrim, and it looks like it is now in operation. You can check the app and see in real time how many beds are...
Well…… about $400 usd in socks and liners later and about 160 miles. I live in California near the Sierra mountains so we have some good trails and heat- I wanted to find my perfect combination...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.