• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bought the tickets-I've got to go now ...

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Flying off at the end of March & after a couple of days in Barcelona I'm beginning the walk in early April. I hope to get to very close to Santiago de C by early May, as I'm then booked on a bus tour starting in Madrid. .. Phew!
Hi, I'm flying from Australia on 2nd April. Start walking on 5th April. See you on the way, maybe! Buen Camino.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi, Paris on 2nd April
How will you get to SJPP? Have you booked your transfers (bus/train) already? Are you spending time in Paris? I arrive in Paris (Charles de Gaulle airport) 9:30am. I originally had thought I'd spend a day or so in Paris before heading to SJPP, but I think I'll be too anxious/excited and just be wanting to get there. The thing I'm most worried about is getting about in Paris, is the train station at the airport? Is it far away?

How will you get to SJPP? Have you booked your transfers (bus/train) already? Are you spending time in Paris? I arrive in Paris (Charles de Gaulle airport) 9:30am. I originally had thought I'd spend a day or so in Paris before heading to SJPP, but I think I'll be too anxious/excited and just be wanting to get there. The thing I'm most worried about is getting about in Paris, is the train station at the airport? Is it far away?
We fly into Paris on Saturday, spend two nights in Paris, have booked our train to Bayonne. But the bus to SJPDP is easier to book on our arrival, I believe. You can get a train from the airport & a hotel there if you need to stay the night, all walking distance. The train & bus timetables were not very good for us, because it's the weekend, hence spending two nights in Paris. I love Paris so happy with that.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

KerrieG,

Read this earlier Forum thread below for much info re trains to SJPdP. You can either take train from the Gare Montparnasse/Paris direct to Bayonne or a train from CDG airport/Paris to Bordeaux where you change for another to Bayonne. At Bayonne you take a local train to SJPdP.

For more info see https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/train-from-paris-cdg-to-bayonne.28831/

Bon voyage and Buen camino!
MM

We fly into Paris on Saturday, spend two nights in Paris, have booked our train to Bayonne. But the bus to SJPDP is easier to book on our arrival, I believe. You can get a train from the airport & a hotel there if you need to stay the night, all walking distance. The train & bus timetables were not very good for us, because it's the weekend, hence spending two nights in Paris. I love Paris so happy with that.
BTW trains can only be booked 3 months prior to travel, so plenty of time to research.

Hi Kerrie, I am arriving into Paris on April 12 at 7.45am and have booked a flight with Easyjet which leaves from CDG airport at 10.50am. No worries about getting to the train station/changing airports, etc and only 50 Euros. Might be worth looking at??

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Flying off at the end of March & after a couple of days in Barcelona I'm beginning the walk in early April. I hope to get to very close to Santiago de C by early May, as I'm then booked on a bus tour starting in Madrid. .. Phew!
Hi, I'm flying from Australia on 2nd April. Start walking on 5th April. See you on the way, maybe! Buen Camino.

Buen Camino to you both! I'm another Australian heading off this year - September 19 from St Jean. Flights booked last week, so yes, there's no backing out now!

Hi Kerrie, I am arriving into Paris on April 12 at 7.45am and have booked a flight with Easyjet which leaves from CDG airport at 10.50am. No worries about getting to the train station/changing airports, etc and only 50 Euros. Might be worth looking at??

Buen Camino to all of you! Wishing you a special and memorable journey.

Thanks CathyJ, that sounds good, will look at that. :)

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.

Thanks for that information Bernieoncamino, I'm feeling a bit better about it all now, seems it's not going to be as difficult as I imagine. :)

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
KerrieG,

Read this earlier Forum thread below for much info re trains to SJPdP. You can either take train from the Gare Montparnasse/Paris direct to Bayonne or a train from CDG airport/Paris to Bordeaux where you change for another to Bayonne. At Bayonne you take a local train to SJPdP.

For more info see https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/train-from-paris-cdg-to-bayonne.28831/

Bon voyage and Buen camino!
MM

Thanks so much for the link mspath, will have a look at that. Thank you too for you kind wishes!

We pa

id $37.69 AUD for the train to Bayonne, apparently the ticket to SJPDP is only about 10€. But the airfare sounds good too.
And what station in Paris are you catching your train to Bayonne from?

[QUOTE="CathyJ, I am arriving into Paris on April 12 at 7.45am and have booked a flight with Easyjet which leaves from CDG airport at 10.50am. No worries about getting to the train station/changing airports, etc and only 50 Euros. Might be worth looking at??[/QUOTE]
We are arriving into Paris from Australia at 7.30 am on 12 April then flying to Biarritz from CDG at 10.50am. Then train to SJPDP.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Have you determined the train you will catch from Biarritz and how to get from the airport there to the train station? Sounds as though I'll be on a similar path but from the States.

I'll be 4 months behind you at the end of August. Flying from Melbourne to Paris and then trains from CDG airport to SJPDP.

Yipee!

I found it was only when I actually booked the flights that it became so REAL!

Hopefully we'll be booking flights soon ;)

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Doing the same from Brisbane a couple of weeks after you. All booked and ready to go!

Doing the same from Brisbane a couple of weeks after you. All booked and ready to go!
Just note that if you try to book trains from Australia they push you onto the Rail Europe website, instead go straight to the SNCF site, it can be 60% cheaper for the same ticket. Then just print off home before you go.

Just note that if you try to book trains from Australia they push you onto the Rail Europe website, instead go straight to the SNCF site, it can be 60% cheaper for the same ticket. Then just print off home before you go.
I've booked the train through Captain Train - no booking fees - 1st class from Paris to Bayonne $32. The website Seat61 has a heap of info re train travel in Europe and is an excellent resource.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.