• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bourricot Bus from Biarritz- May 24, 2023

DenisH

Time of past OR future Camino
27th August "2015"
I am arriving in Biarritz Airport in the morning of 24/5/23 with my wife.

I am wondering does anybody want to share the Bourricot Bus. I have got it before and it is the best way to get to St Jean.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I am arriving in Biarritz Airport in the morning of 24/5/23 with my wife.

I am wondering does anybody want to share the Bourricot Bus. I have got it before and it is the best way to get to St Jean.

I got told off for doing this :) If you try to organise your own 'share' of a Bourricot Bus you may end up finding it full!

You need to book via Bourricot. They are selling the sets on the bus.

Or if you want to ensure you are not the only one on the bus (Highly unlikely) and you are worried about what the final cost will be, just encourage others to book the same timing.

Just be aware of how it worked. The staff are great.

But I was faced with a very cross lady when I turned up with 2 new Camino buddies asking "can they come too". We were very lucky that time that there was space.............

Other times I have used the bus it was full when I got there. (having booked of course)

But I was faced with a very cross lady when I turned up with 2 new Camino buddies asking "can they come too". We were very lucky that time that there was space.............
Since they are not a taxi company, it's my understanding that Express Bourricot can't take people who have not made a reservations.

@DenisH - I wouldn't worry that Express Bourricot won't fill up the shuttle on any date in May.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Since they are not a taxi company, it's my understanding that Express Bourricot can't take people who have not made a reservations.

@DenisH - I wouldn't worry that Express Bourricot won't fill up the shuttle on any date in May.

Probably. But it must get frustrating when they have taken bookings and when they turn up, people ask to squeeze in more who have not booked.

OK, if they have space, but they often don't.

Probably. But it must get frustrating when they have taken bookings and when they turn up, people ask to squeeze in more who have not booked.

OK, if they have space, but they often don't.
This wasn’t the case years ago when I travelled with Express Bourricot from Biarritz to SJPP but it is the case now and they state it quite clearly on their website:

Each transport must be booked in advance by email. Our transport regulation requires to have a written booking at least 15 minutes before the transfer. We are not allowed to take reservations by phone.
If they would regularly pick up passengers who just turn up at Biarritz airport or Bayonne train station without having followed these booking instructions and Bourricot’s competitors get wind of it, for example the taxi drivers, they may get problems with their licence.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I got told off for doing this :) If you try to organise your own 'share' of a Bourricot Bus you may end up finding it full!

You need to book via Bourricot. They are selling the sets on the bus.

Or if you want to ensure you are not the only one on the bus (Highly unlikely) and you are worried about what the final cost will be, just encourage others to book the same timing.

Just be aware of how it worked. The staff are great.

Other times I have used the bus it was full when I got there. (having booked of course)
Thanks for the info. When looking for internet essay samples, I came upon a site called https://writinguniverse.com/free-essay-examples/plato/ It provides a wide range of free essay examples, including Plato essays. This service was quite useful in allowing me to write my essay by the deadline.
Thanks for the info.

Two more people have also booked for the 24th May direct with Bourricot so there is still room for anybody who wants to contact Bourricot directly to book .

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back