• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Braga to Ponte de Lima

Corned Beef

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2024 Portuguese/ VF (South) / VF Grand St Bernard
After a few false starts due to Covid, am finally booked to start in Porto in a week's time. Planning to route through Barcelos to Ponte de Lima and then onto Tui but in looking at the map, it seems a detour to Braga and then onto PdL may be an option.

Is there a signposted route from Braga and what is it called?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thanks to all. Next question - Porto - Barcelos - Braga on the CP or Porto - Guimarães - Braga on the Torres?

Seems Guimarães is a more interesting destination than Barcelos.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Ah ok. Got it! 🤣 Sorry for the incorrect info @Corned Beef
No worries, it's confusing with all these different caminos! Hopefully my overview on the Portuguese caminos that's coming next week will offer some clarity. ;)

Seems Guimarães is a more interesting destination than Barcelos.
I would agree with that, personally, but it might depend on how interested you are in Portuguese history. Guimarães is the place where Portugal was born (by virtue of a document asserting its independence being signed there) so it's a significant place for Portuguese people. It's also a lovely town with a great castle, a palace and a 13th-century church. On our camino this year we arrived in Guimarães by complete coincidence on Portuguese national day (June 10) with a lot of people celebrating so it was a wonderful time to be there.

Thanks for the information. It's the Torres then as Guimarães does look interesting.

I've also followed up that reference to http://www.caminotorres.com/ which is an excellent resource. Don't want to miss anything.

It's the Torres. It's a 33km stage from Braga to Ponte de Lima and it is signposted at least in the beginning (we actually followed the Torres arrows incorrectly for a few minutes after São Frutuoso while trying to pick up the Geira). Details in Spanish from the official site here.
You guys are the go to experts on everything Camino in Portugal and far western Spain for sure! Thanks.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thanks

The Torres to the Central is definitely a good idea for anybody maybe doing a 2nd CP with the chance to take in the two historic cities of Braga and Guimarães.

I think I'll strongly consider this next time round.

IMHO Braga and Guimarães are magnificent. If time permits, I'd recommend at least a day to visit the historic center of Braga (and, Bom Jesus) and no less than one-half day for Guimarães. Of course, not every peregrino wants to divert themselves from the path for "touristical" pursuits but Iberia is a special place.

IMHO Braga and Guimarães are magnificent. If time permits, I'd recommend at least a day to visit the historic center of Braga (and, Bom Jesus) and no less than one-half day for Guimarães. Of course, not every peregrino wants to divert themselves from the path for "touristical" pursuits but Iberia is a special place.
I'm sold on the two towns but I will not be making a diversion as such....

If I do it I will walk part of the Torres Camino which passes through these towns and then converges with the Central in Ponte de Lima anyway

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back