• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Camino Olvidado Guide created by one of our forum members

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Brain cells? Olvidado May 2022?

Undermanager

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Madrid (x2)
VDLP
Salvador
Primitivo
Finisterra / Muxia
Lana
It's been so long since the last Camino, I'm feeling like a newbie!!

The weather in the UK has started to turn for the worse so have been dusting down the old notes for Olvidado and beyond (Invierno?) and dreaming of better, warmer places. This was going to be done pre-Covid but thinking of a 15th May 2022 start, possibly a bit earlier, for no particular reason than you have to pick some date to get the planning process in motion.

So - public holidays checked. Maps loaded up onto maps.me and need to start putting together stage notes and accommodation, starting today.

If anyone fancies this Camino, feel free to put the (flexible) date in your diary and post hello here.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Dear Undermanger, I know how you feel as I last walked May 2019. I plan on starting the Via Gebennensis in May, then El Salvador followed by El Primitivo. Guess I’ll start looking for flights

The Olvidado is a fantastic camino. I think having Enders App is essential as you have to be very careful about what paths you take. I had his app and a number of other nav aids and still ended up on the wrong route. What route(s) are you planning to use after the Olvidado to get to SdC? You should be able to see my blog for general info here - http://mikesroaming.blogspot.com/2019/09/bilbao-start.html but that was in 2019!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Trecile: was Enders guide fairly spot on with Enders guide? I plan to do Salvador in '22I will look for an app as well
The app is for the Olvidado. There is both a website for the Olvidado and a written guide (by Ender) which I have translated into English.

What’s available for the Salvador is Ender’s written guide, which I have also translated into English and can be found here.

I know this thread is about the Salvador and not the Olvidado but since you asked about the Salvador I just wanted to give a heads up that there is a new written guide to the Salvador which I will be translating over the next few weeks. So stay tuned!!!! The current Salvador guide is still very usable, though. Only a few changes.

Wise Pilgrim has a Salvador app, available for free at the app store.

How early can you do the Olvidado to avoid snow and ice? Any particular weather pinch points?

Thinking of starting from Reinosa (south of Santander) in early/mid April.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Trecile: was Enders guide fairly spot on with Enders guide? I plan to do Salvador in '22I will look for an app as well
In addition to Ender's guide I used the Wise Pilgrim app for GPS.
I usually use the Buen Camino app for GPS on my Caminos, but in 2019 the Salvador route wasn't on that app. But it is now! And it's a free app.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.