• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

BRAND NEW Pilgrim Guide to the City of Santiago OUT NOW

JohnnieWalker

Nunca se camina solo
BRAND NEW PILGRIM GUIDE TO THE CITY OF SANTIAGO OUT NOW
Pilgrim Guide.png
A brand new publication from the CSJ has just been released – it is a pilgrim’s guide to the city of Santiago de Compostela itself, including all the information you need to follow the traditional pilgrim rituals on arrival, spiritual services available for English speakers and ALL albergue and hostel accommodation. In addition it gives 20 things for pilgrims to see and do in Santiago as well as “The Route of Routes”, a walking tour of the city that takes you on five caminos – via churches, historic buildings, markets, forests and parks.

http://www.csj.org.uk/product/camino-de-santiago-a-pilgrims-guide-to-santiago-de-compostela/

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hola Johnny - sounds like another great CSJ produce. Do you know if Ivar will be stocking it? (I will be ordering a few things from him in the next month or so). Cheers

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thanks Johnnie - I had a look on CSJ website and was glad I was sitting down - it looks light the postage on your book is about twice the purchase price, which was why I was querying if Ivar was going to stock it as I will be ordering some stuff from him shortly and could thus combine all the purchases into one lot. So no double postage. Cheers

the postage on your book is about twice the purchase price

The same for me. The cost of the booklet is £5, but when I go to checkout a further £10 is added for postage. I’d be happy to pay the £5 for an e-booklet, download it, and then print it off myself. Could that be possible? Jill

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi Jill and Mike
I'm an occasional volunteer with CSJ. We've been trying for a while now to work out how to offer digital versions of our publications for sale. If you trade in the EU and you sell digital publications you have to pay a tax called VATMOSS on each item you sell. If you ask for a 'donativo' this doesn't apply, which is why we make some of the publications available in digital format and ask people to make a donation for them when they download.
At the moment the view is that it is too difficult for our small organisation to register for VATMOSS and cope with all the associated procedures, though this may change if we can find an 'app' that does all the work for us!
I'm in the office tomorrow for the office volunteers' xmas knees-up, so I'll check on the latest situation (before the festivities interfere with faculties) and see if there have been any developments and report back (in due course)
Cheers, tom

Thanks for the explanation, Tom, much appreciated. Having been a bookkeeper myself, I shudder at the thought of all that unnecessary bookwork; best to avoid it at all costs! Will stay tuned on developments. Have a great time tomorrow! Jill

Will the new guides be available for purchase in Santiago?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi Jill and Mike
I'm an occasional volunteer with CSJ.
At the moment the view is that it is too difficult for our small organisation to register for VATMOSS and cope with all the associated procedures, though this may change if we can find an 'app' that does all the work for us!
I'm in the office tomorrow for the office volunteers' xmas knees-up, so I'll check on the latest situation (before the festivities interfere with faculties) and see if there have been any developments and report back (in due course)
Cheers, tom
Hello Tom - thanks for the feedback & again I do understand about the EU record keeping/paperwork costs. As to how the overcome the postage - maybe we need one of your Aussie affiliates to buy a bulk stock and then on sell (at a small profit to cover costs).
Have fun at the Christmas party - but remember don't drink & drive!! Best wishes to CSJ for 2017.

Hola,

I'm very pleased to say that very soon the CSJ will start to offer sales of electronic versions (Pdfs) of these publications. They are printable and work superbly well on mobile devices.

John
Looking forward to the PDFs. Also, was wondering if the “The Route of Routes" portion is similar or the same of the previous booklet you put out and I have. Hugs from wintry Ontario. Ingrid

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
update on CSJ situation. It looks as if we can get round the regulations by e-mailing electronic guides rather than it all being an automated electronic process. The CSJ office is still working out the best way of doing this, but I guess this will all be sorted by the end of January. At which point I'll post again to hopefully confirm we've got a system in place for offering electronic copies.

@peregrino_tom - pdf versions are great as being printable as well as working across devices, so I for one would hope that it is the answer for emailed versions - :) - and thanks @JohnnieWalker - you answered my question before it got asked.

Yes - PDFs are very much the answer. I'm sorry about the delay in providing these. The issue never had anything to do with VAT regulations and the CSJ was simply badly advised.It is all sorted out now. I'm working with the other English language associations to ensure wide publicity for this new facility which will be of great benefit to pilgrims. In the meantime if anyone wants an advance copy of the PDF of this particular guide please email me.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

Mary Colwell’s new book The Gathering Place: A Winter Pilgrimage Through Changing Times. Why did it make the 2024 shortlist of the best travel books? Several of the books on the shortlist are...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back