• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bravo to the Pilgrim's Office

LesBrass

Likes Walking
Time of past OR future Camino
yes...
I'm in Santiago. We arrived in the rain sometime before 15hr. We took a few photos but decided to head right to the Pilgrim's Office.

We had all pre-registered online as advised here. We showed our QR code (given when we registered)... we were immediately given a number for the queue... we joined the queue and waited perhaps only 5 minutes before being called.

Apart from one day in December, I've never been in and out so quickly.

So... I just wanted to say thanks 😊 The new system seems to be working well and it's definitely advisable to register online before arriving.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Edited. See post #5
@LesBrass, great to hear that you are in Santiago de Compostela (I'm trying not to feel too much nostalgia), that you and your group have finished your Camino and that you received your Compostela. And all this without a single word of complaint ;)🤭.

I remember that you pre-registered some time ago, and I saw just now that it was done on 25 March. So the system faithfully kept your registration data for many weeks until today 17 May 😊. Great feedback and more clarity for all! Thanks. Et bon retour!

Last edited:
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I remember that you pre-registered some time ago, and I saw just now that it was done on 25 March. So the system faithfully kept your registration data for many weeks until today 17 May 😊. Great feedback and more clarity for all! Thanks. Et bon retour!
Yes - this is good to know. They day I arrived last summer they were making people complete the pre-registration again. Good to know the system was probably just problematic for that day - as opposed to not holding the pre-registration info in advance.

@LesBrass, great to hear that you are in Santiago de Compostela (I'm trying not to feel too much nostalgia), that you and your group have finished your Camino and that you received your Compostela. And all this without a single word of complaint ;)🤭.

I did actually re-register a second time yesterday with my group. I took a screen print of the QR Code (given when you register online) and this was all I needed. I'm very impressed... it worked so well.

I did actually re-register a second time yesterday with my group. I took a screen print of the QR Code (given when you register online) and this was all I needed. I'm very impressed... it worked so well.
I had been jumping to conclusions! No doubt it worked so well because you had practised beforehand. ;)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
@LesBras, I didn't know you were going with a group. I thought you always traveled only with your husband. How many were you with this time?

@LesBras, I didn't know you were going with a group. I thought you always traveled only with your husband. How many were you with this time?
I started a little walking group at home in SW France. We just did local walks to start but a few years ago a few folks asked me to arrange a short camino... and it grew from this. This year I took 2 groups (6 in each)... one started in St Jean to Logrono, then I continued to Burgos where I met my second group... and we walked on to Santiago.

It's very informal but I enjoy it... its a different kind of camino 🙂

I'm in Santiago. We arrived in the rain sometime before 15hr. We took a few photos but decided to head right to the Pilgrim's Office.

We had all pre-registered online as advised here. We showed our QR code (given when we registered)... we were immediately given a number for the queue... we joined the queue and waited perhaps only 5 minutes before being called.

Apart from one day in December, I've never been in and out so quickly.

So... I just wanted to say thanks 😊 The new system seems to be working well and it's definitely advisable to register online before arriving.
Thanks for your positive input on the Pilgrims Office
We do our best although some say that that is not enough 😊
I am pleased everything went well with you and your camino
Congratulations.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

I requested a Mass to be offered with the botafumerio from the Cathederal for May 27th. Here is the update from the Cathederal: “We are contacting you to inform you that unfortunately the...
Does Ivan's place close for siesta or dinner? Trying to sort how to get my stored luggage and I know places close in Spain even when their doors say the hours they are open. Are we supposed to...
Anyone from the forum working in the Pilgrim’s Office May 1-14? We’ll be walking two Caminos and will say hi if you are!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.