• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Breaking down stereotypes

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiwi-family

{Rachael, the Mama of the family}
Time of past OR future Camino
walking every day for the rest of my life
Yesterday my 22yo son was walking back to his car after completing his grocery shopping. An elderly man signalled to him from his own car, so son approached him (but still maintained distance because he’s aware that as a teacher he has contact with a classroom full of kids and their parents each day and did not want to compromise this old man). The gentleman simply asked if the supermarket was busy.
Son continued to his car, but as he put his groceries in the boot (trunk for you Americans) he realised the man may have been scared to go in. So he returned to the man and offered to do his shopping. The old guy said, “It’s so nice to know not all young people are silly and selfish”!!
It turned out another young lady was already doing the man’s shopping and he was just wondering if she would likely be taking a long time.

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Heard on the CBC today: A first year medical student from Western University in London Ontario is out of school, as classes have been cancelled. He decided to volunteer his time to help hospital staff busy dealing with the COVID 19 outbreak, while their children are also out of school. He offered to do childcare and other chores for overburdened hospital staff. Other medical/dental students from his university and others across Canada have also offered their services.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Heard on the CBC today: A first year medical student from Western University in London Ontario is out of school, as classes have been cancelled. He decided to volunteer his time to help hospital staff busy dealing with the COVID 19 outbreak, while their children are also out of school. He offered to do childcare and other chores for overburdened hospital staff. Other medical/dental students from his university and others across Canada have also offered their services.
Medical and dental students nation wide are volunteering their services. The initiative was started by a UBC medical student; If I recall correctly first and second year students are unable to do their hospital stints due to current conditions so they are offering their time to this worthy cause. I believe the plan was to involve as many students as possible ... dentistry, nursing, etc. Glad to see it’s taking off.

The initiative was started by a UBC medical student
This is funny. I have seen it credited to a University of Toronto student, as well as to the University of Western Ontario student. I decided to just repeat what I heard from the CBC. My suspicion is that it arose independently across the country, as a response to a need,

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
This is funny. I have seen it credited to a University of Toronto student, as well as to the University of Western Ontario student. I decided to just repeat what I heard from the CBC. My suspicion is that it arose independently across the country, as a response to a need,
Funny indeed! I heard what I thought was the initial interview on CBC. It was late last night when I posted and had no way of checking (was too tired anyway) but I thought I recalled that it was a UBC student. Glad to see, anyway, that people are responding.

Yesterday my 22yo son was walking back to his car after completing his grocery shopping. An elderly man signalled to him from his own car, so son approached him (but still maintained distance because he’s aware that as a teacher he has contact with a classroom full of kids and their parents each day and did not want to compromise this old man). The gentleman simply asked if the supermarket was busy.
Son continued to his car, but as he put his groceries in the boot (trunk for your Americans) he realised the man may have been scared to go in. So he returned to the man and offered to do his shopping. The old guy said, “It’s so nice to know not all young people are silly and selfish”!!
It turned out another young lady was already doing the man’s shopping and he was just wondering if she would likely be taking a long time.

Love this! You really do see and read about wonderful acts of kindness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back