• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Bridge Out in Carrión

Rebekah Scott

Camino Busybody
Time of past OR future Camino
Many, various, and continuing.
Note to winter pilgrims: the bridge over the Rio Carrion in Carrion de los Condes is closed to all traffic while it is repaired. No finish date has been posted. The camino path has been re-routed over the pedestrian bridge in the city park, just west and downhill from the plaza mayor. Be careful to follow the detour markers, and not the usual yellow arrows out of town!

a sidelight: the camino outfitters store in Carrion is apparently going out of business. :(:(

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Are there many pilgrims on the camino currently considering the weather and the front expected after the first of January?

UPDATE: Bridge is still out.
A note to pilgrims now on the the Palentino meseta: As of Thursday 30 Jan., far as I can determine, no albergues are open after Calzadilla de la Cueza to Sahagun, right through February. Hostal Moratinos may open if you phone in advance, but I can´t guarantee that.
The Peaceable in Moratinos is the only other option. We have keys to Albergue San Bruno if more than 5 pilgrims arrive at once, but the heat will be switched off over there.
If you want to stay with us, please send an email or call a bit in advance to 979 061 016 -- especially if you have special dietary needs. We are a skeleton crew, do not bring too many expectations.
Be sure to carry plenty of water!

Please let everyone here know if you see Ledigos or either place in Terradillos is open -- we don´t always get the word.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hola,
Jacques molay in terradillos is open, the other big one is closed. For the rest we passed closed albergues in lediegos en san nicholas. At the moment at Calzadilla de los hermanillos in this amazing municipal albergue.
@Rebecca: i think we passed you today when you were walking dogs with your husband? I was with a spanish and an american guy. The dogs scared me a bit from a distance :)
ria

Wow, Ria, that probably was us! Thanks for the update. This explains the few pilgrims we have seen the last few days -- everyone´s stopping at Terradillos again. (kinda good thing, as we have workers in the house just now, making a mess)

Hi all the bridge is still out as of today 19/2/14. The route is well signposted. Be aware that the water fountains near the river are out of order just now possibly because of flooding. Four pilgrims walked from Fromista to Caldadilla de la Cueza today- Albergue open, warm and lots of hot water :) The weather is amazingly good if v cold in the AM. I have photos on Instragram http://instagram.com/p/kmu4pkPonX/ if interested in seeing an early Spring Camino from Burgos to Leon(ish)

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
UPDATE: Bridge is still out.
A note to pilgrims now on the the Palentino meseta: As of Thursday 30 Jan., far as I can determine, no albergues are open after Calzadilla de la Cueza to Sahagun, right through February. Hostal Moratinos may open if you phone in advance, but I can´t guarantee that.
The Peaceable in Moratinos is the only other option. We have keys to Albergue San Bruno if more than 5 pilgrims arrive at once, but the heat will be switched off over there.
If you want to stay with us, please send an email or call a bit in advance to 979 061 016 -- especially if you have special dietary needs. We are a skeleton crew, do not bring too many expectations.
Be sure to carry plenty of water!

Please let everyone here know if you see Ledigos or either place in Terradillos is open -- we don´t always get the word.

Hi Rebekah! I was wondering if the bridge is still out and if so, do you know how long the detour is from the plaza mayor to the Zoilo hotel? A pilgrim on another thread is asking, and I remembered this thread.

The detour is not much out of the way at all.. it may even be more direct than the usual camino through town. It is certainly more scenic! You descend from the plaza down to the riverside park, and cross a pedestrian bridge there to the polideportivo. From there you simply follow the road up past San Zoilo as usual.

I have not been over to Carrion for a couple of weeks, the bridge was still out last I was there.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.