• Some parts of the forum are not loading as they should. We are working on it.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Bridges on the Camino de Santiago

aname4me

aname4me
Time of past OR future Camino
2013, 2015, 2017, 2019, (2021)
On our Pilgrimage, we walk over many Old Bridges.
A lot of the pictures from the Camino are of these Bridges.
I am sure they all have a story.
I have heard/read some.

Does anyone know of a website, article or book that talks about the history of bridges on the Camino de Santiago? Preferably one that talks about them in order of crossing.

I think it would be nice to stop at each Bridge and take a minute to read a brief history.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
On our Pilgrimage, we walk over many Old Bridges.
A lot of the pictures from the Camino are of these Bridges.
I am sure they all have a story.
I have heard/read some.

Does anyone know of a website, article or book that talks about the history of bridges on the Camino de Santiago? Preferably one that talks about them in order of crossing.

I think it would be nice to stop at each Bridge and take a minute to read a brief history.
Welcome! I find the "Pilgrimage road to Santiago" by David M. Got lite and Susan Kay Davidson a fascinating book about the culture and history of the camino. Unfortunately, the authors started their work in Somport to Santiago; you'll be missing SJPDP to Puente la Reina. Buen camino!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Welcome! I find the "Pilgrimage road to Santiago" by David M. Got lite and Susan Kay Davidson a fascinating book about the culture and history of the camino. Unfortunately, the authors started their work in Somport to Santiago; you'll be missing SJPDP to Puente la Reina. Buen camino!

My favorite Camino reference-Starting from Somport but does include Puente la Reina -between us a much more fascinating way to cross the Pyrenees if more difficult, Jaca is amazing!

Back