• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Brierley in Pamplona?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Anniesantiago said:
Just in case I do hop up to the Frances does anyone know for sure where I can Brierleys map book in Pamplona?

Annie,

At my age (74) nothing is "known for sure" but you might try Caminoteca in Pamplona for Brierley's book. Here is their web >> http://www.caminoteca.com. This new shop is run by a former pilgrim and seems VERY user friendly.

Buen Camino,

Margaret Meredith

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
:::laughing:::
Well, because I'm a wimp?
I just want to walk.
I don't want to have to fight for a bed
I just want to walk 15-20 k and sleep
See the countryside and get some exercise.
For me, I've been to Santiago; it's more for my health.
Worrying about whether or not there will be a bed is stressful
It's different from the Frances, for instance, the lady reserving beds
She is still sitting in there with 5-6 empty reserved beds and pilgrims are having to walk on

We'll see
I'm just whining because the weather is bad and it just feels like there's been one negative after another. Well, not really. The walking has been awesome. But I have some fear about up ahead. Jirit's reports of no lodging up ahead are troublesome. Luka's report about not getting a ride are worrisome. 20-25 k are my limit. On the Frances I am familiar with the trail and there are always options. This is just a little less comfie. Lol
But we'll see. I change from day to day.

If its not raining too hard tomorrow ill walk to Valdesalor. If its pouring I will bus to Caceres and hunker down two days and sightsee. Then I will decide.

Just venting.
Ignore me :::laughing:::

That said, a person with a tent could get by great from what I have seen so far. Lots if sweet places a person could camp and not worry about distances. Although I think you are daft, grayland, for considering this route in August! The vultures might get you! If you recall, I started in Sevilla in summer and gave up when many if the wells and fountains were dry. It's a heat like no other !

Anniesantiago said:
:::laughing:::
....SNIP...
Although I think you are daft, grayland, for considering this route in August! The vultures might get you! If you recall, I started in Sevilla in summer and gave up when many if the wells and fountains were dry. It's a heat like no other !

But...I should not have to worry about clouds and beds 8) Shouldn't be too many other crazy pilgrims in August.

I would hate to think how crowded the CF issue right now. When I walked into SJPdP from Le Puy last year it was wall to wall pilgrims...in heavy rain. In the morning the road up the mountain was full.
That was on May 1st so I would think this year would be no different.

Are there other accommodation available if the albergues are full in the places you are stopping?

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
But Grayland, surely you must know May 1st is the absolutely most crowded day ever out of SJPP? You can't judge the Camino Frances by May 1st. Last year, leaving from Pamplona I stumbled on the way to avoid crowds on the CF. if you go mid-stage, eg stop at Uterga, Lorca etc, you don't see very many people at all for half the day, and you wonder where they all are!
All the best with your decision making Annie!
Margaret

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
We'll see how I feel after a couple of days in Caceres. I just booked two days in the Veleta Albergue. It will be nice to tourist about for a couple if days. Then I think I'll walk at least a day or two more before deciding. Maybe the hoardes will pass me by. :)
Thanks Margaret. You are right, too. I always walk the in betweens in late May. It is good!

The last couple of weeks there have been 350+ people getting sellos in SJPP...each day. It is busy on the CF right now, and very social. People are having a blast, it seems...once they sort out their sore feet and bodies from carrying too much in the backpacks!

Hi Annie, cannot reach jou by PM (have troubels sending messages for some time already), but I am in Cáceres now! Just for a few hours, my bus to Sevilla leaves at 4pm. Would be very nice if we Gould have a little encounter...

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Anyone having trouble due to Pamploma "riots" - have just been reading . Should pilgrims be worried about their own safety due to economy ?

Annie

I am in Pamplona now, have been walking around the last 2 days, and haven't noticed anything. In fact I didn't know there were supposed to be any issues until I read about it here, just now. :)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Interesting isn't it ?? I saw news report ( on the net) about police with tear gas etc in Pamplona streets as people protesting about proposed "austerity Measures" .

While I am in Spain my daughter will be in Turkey with her extended family- news reports about protests and police with water cannons tear gas etc there also.

Sometimes world new can be good- but wonder how many times it is makes situation grander than it is . Best we carry on regardless. :)
Thanks for the feed back about Pamplona :)

Annies

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back