• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

bring the bike to Ferrol and ride the FEVE back to Bilbao

Eric99

I am new member and have some questions:
I will ride the Camino Norte in March 2012 from Bilbao. Have 12 days and want to go back with the FEVE from Ferrol.
Has anybody advice or comments on my plan?
I am not an experienced cyclists - in fact it´s my first long distance trip since travelling with my children some 30 yeaqrs ago.
So I want to go by train or bus to Ferrol. Is it difficult to take my bike along and also on the FEVE trip to Santander and after spending a night there onwards to Bilbao.

My Lufthanse (cheap) flight leaves very early in the morning. Hoiw do I get to the Airport at 5 am?

Thanks for your comments and answers.

greetings to all
Eric

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hola

The FEVE permits bicycles:

http://www.feve.es/es/atencion-al-clien ... icicletas/

"It supports the transport of bicycles on all trains as a rule, although it should be noted that only allowed one per passenger and, according to the schedules, lines, and the CCAA , the number of bikes that can be transported in a drive train between three and twelve. They are seated in the van or on the platforms and lack of cleaning can not affect the cabin and passengers.

The owner shall be responsible for loading and unloading custody and at all times maintain proper care of your vehicle to ensure the safety and comfort of other passengers. In case of replacement of railway traffic by road traffic can not carry bicycles. The damage could occur to the train or third paid by the owners.

Feve not be responsible for any damage or loss that may occur during travel bikes. To avoid problems in its use, please consult with traveler information services."

I think bus is your option from Santiago to Ferrol and I've seen pilgrims loading their bicycles on the buses. But it is always best to check with them in advance in case they wish the bike to be boxed.

There appear to be 7 buses per day: http://horarios.monbus.es/

The first airport bus runs at 5.20am from Bilbao and every 20 mins thereafter. As I remember it is a short journey http://www.aena-aeropuertos.es/csee/Sat ... tobus.html

Buen Camino

John

We saw two pilgrims on the FEVE back from Oviedo to Santander. They sat with their bikes to keep them from falling over.
One suggestion from having watched the only real problem that they had:- take a piece of string, or use your chain lock, to tie the back wheel to the frame so that the bike cannot roll forwards or backwards.
Buen Camino

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.

Most read last week in this forum

Ivan. I believe I can rent two bikes through you between Burgos and Leon. Can you let me know if this is possible? I plan to arrive in Burgos on 11 May and start cycling the next day. Thanks
Plan to cycle between Burgos and Leon over three or four days. Are there any interesting detours between these two cities that would take up a 4th day?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back