• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Bring your raincoat!

donalomahony

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
"Camino from 2013 to 2019" paused for now...
Walked from Zubiri to Pamplona yesterday ( Thursday 30th) - pouring rain until about 2pm. Cool evening in Pamplona. Long trousers and Patagonia duvet.

Walked to Puenta la Reina today cool dull and cloudy. Now there, warm, humid with 80% chance of rain.

Third Camino Frances, started this one in Lourdes (Camino Piedmont) - surprised at number of new Albergues along the way from Zubiri.

Numbers are down according to the Albergue owners. No problems or pressure with accommodation so far!

I was the only person in the French equivalent of Albergues for the three nights prior to SJPPort.

I found that SJPPort was more a tourist trap than ever. Such a pity...

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Sorry that you had to walk in the rain, but I am glad to hear that at least parts of Spain have gotten out of the grip of the seemingly endless dry spell. Now if only this storm system could migrate over to Galicia -- when I walked a few weeks ago, I heard many stories about failed crops because of two months with no rain.

Hoping you have a wonderful camino! Laurie

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Thanks Laurie

I just hope people bring that raincoat! The Camino never ceases to surprise. I posted a picture of a pilgrim with his well outfitted dog!

Donal

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The rain is making its way to Galicia. I walked into Fisterra this week on a glorious sunny day that had everyone running for the beach and had me contemplating buying a bikini. And from then on it was overcast and drizzly and I'm wearing layers!

The rain is making its way to Galicia. I walked into Fisterra this week on a glorious sunny day that had everyone running for the beach and had me contemplating buying a bikini. And from then on it was overcast and drizzly and I'm wearing layers!

That should be good news for Galicia, even though not so nice for walking. But it is probably too late to save much of this year's crops. I spent a long time talking with an 88 and 86 year old couple working their large potato patch, and they told me the crop was almost ready for harvest, and the potatoes were few and small. Buen camino, Laurie

Yes, we are in Najera at the moment and we've had three wet days in the last eight. Very cool this morning so great walking weather.This is our third Frances, the second in July and we cannot believe how quiet it's been. Not sure if we are in a bubble, but hardly see any others enroute. Maybe that will change shortly but we are having an awesome camino.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
yes it is definite quiet compared to my last two Summers on the Camino. In Sonsol today, Albergue busy with a walking group, plenty of space in Estella last night.

Weather has improved 28' in Sansol right now with similar and thunderstorms in Logrono tomorrow.

About to have my siesta after a €9 pilgrim meal

That should be good news for Galicia, even though not so nice for walking. But it is probably too late to save much of this year's crops. I spent a long time talking with an 88 and 86 year old couple working their large potato patch, and they told me the crop was almost ready for harvest, and the potatoes were few and small. Buen camino, Laurie
This is sad news, Laurie. We had no rain at all walking through Galicia in early June, apart from the odd misty morning, and the state of the paths (all dry) indicated no rain for a while before that. I remember admiring all those beautifully-tended vegetable gardens - it's easy to forget the connection when commenting on how "wonderful" the weather is for walking! I hope they get some decent rain now to at least salvage some of the later crops.

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back