• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Bringing bike on train from Paris to SJPDP

Jeffrie

Time of past OR future Camino
April May 2023
Hi
I am biking the Camino this APRIL/May bringing my own bike. Any advice on ticketing for train from Paris to Bayonne then SJPDP. Planning on assembling bikes at DeGaulle Airport, train into Paris then riding to Montparnesse station.

Does not look like I can prebook ticket with bike - an I doing something wrong

Thanks

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
May be a date issue. Here's a pic of a potential booking - fully assembled bike from Montparnesse to Bayonne.

Book to Bayonne and then get your ticket to SJPP at Bayonne station or use the app.

Attachments

• Ticket Paris Bay.jpg
    Ticket Paris Bay.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 16
Hi
I am biking the Camino this APRIL/May bringing my own bike. Any advice on ticketing for train from Paris to Bayonne then SJPDP. Planning on assembling bikes at DeGaulle Airport, train into Paris then riding to Montparnesse station.

Thanks
The man in seat 61 is usually the go to site for train travel.
Here's a link about travelling with a bike.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Here is a handy web re bikes on French trains.

If the Paris-Bayonne TGV train is delayed the Bayonne-SJPdP TER train usually waits for the late arrival.

If you arrive in Bayonne with a ticketed bike and have a problem ask any station employee for help. If all seems impossible go to the station master's office/
bureau du chef de gare, show your ticket and ask for help.

In the worst possible situation ie all transport on strike you can always bike the 56 km from Bayonne to SJPdP.

Don't worry about anything you can not control. Just be sure you have a ticket for your bike.

Good luck and
Buen camino.

Last edited:
May be a date issue. Here's a pic of a potential booking - fully assembled bike from Montparnesse to Bayonne.

Book to Bayonne and then get your ticket to SJPP at Bayonne station or use the app.
what site did you use to look?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
There's not that many bikes spaces on the Paris to Bayonne section, I think there are 2, maybe 3 spaces, so book now.

Hi

Hi

Thanks
Assembled bikes are not accepted on many TGV routes but boxed bikes are. You could rethink were you would reassemble the bike. Otherwise you could use regional TER train.

Assembled bikes are not accepted on many TGV routes but boxed bikes are. You could rethink were you would reassemble the bike. Otherwise you could use regional TER train.
The Paris to Bayonne route does have spaces, but not many, around 2-3

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
thanks for all the input - was able to work through the site and managed to book train with bike leaving one day earlier. didn't realize how quickly the spaces are grabbed.

Now for the part from the airport. If you have built your bike I suggest you ride it to Montparnasse rather than struggling with the RER. 34 km of which 23 km is cycleway. Komoot shows the route if you want to take a look first. Bikemap gives more options as to route type but it's a little bit longer if you go for balanced route. Have a great Camino!

Now for the part from the airport. If you have built your bike I suggest you ride it to Montparnasse rather than struggling with the RER. 34 km of which 23 km is cycleway. Komoot shows the route if you want to take a look first. Bikemap gives more options as to route type but it's a little bit longer if you go for balanced route. Have a great Camino!
Thanks I’ll look into it

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

I Willl start biking from SJPD on 9.may with Ebike. I have a list of bike friendly albergs is there somebody who have experience with charging batery in such alberg. Do i need afdition 220v...
Plan to cycle between Burgos and Leon over three or four days. Are there any interesting detours between these two cities that would take up a 4th day?

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back