• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

British Pilgrimage Trust Job Vacancy

trecile

Staff member
Time of past OR future Camino
Francés, Norte, Salvador, Primitivo, Portuguese
Sometime ago I got on the mailing list for The British Pilgrimage Trust. I received an email with a job vacancy that might interest someone on the forum.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Nice to see my town and its Abbey on that route. Will drop them a line to see if they need help.

Sometime ago I got on the mailing list for The British Pilgrimage Trust. I received an email with a job vacancy that might interest someone on the forum.

And are you applying? ;)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Nearly 90 pilgrim routes in the UK according to their website
Should keep some of us out of trouble for a while!!
Now where's that rucksack?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Nearly 90 pilgrim routes in the UK according to their website
Should keep some of us out of trouble for a while!!
Now where's that rucksack?
But so expensive! No infrastructure, pricey B&Bs often off route.

But so expensive! No infrastructure, pricey B&Bs often off route.
I plan to "bunny-hop" it in my campervan next year - park up the van, do the day's walk then bus or taxi back to van and camp overnight in a nearby site with all the facilities!

One thing that confuses me though. If you were a medieval pilgrim coming to visit the shrine of Thomas Becket in Canterbury why would you suffer the long crossing of the Channel and hike all the way from Southampton across southern England when you could cross at Calais/Dover and walk up to Canterbury from there - the English equivalent of the Camino Ingles (if you see what I mean).

I plan to "bunny-hop" it in my campervan next year - park up the van, do the day's walk then bus or taxi back to van and camp overnight in a nearby site with all the facilities!

One thing that confuses me though. If you were a medieval pilgrim coming to visit the shrine of Thomas Becket in Canterbury why would you suffer the long crossing of the Channel and hike all the way from Southampton across southern England when you could cross at Calais/Dover and walk up to Canterbury from there - the English equivalent of the Camino Ingles (if you see what I mean).
I assume it was more for pilgrims coming from the south west of England, or those who maybe crossed in a boat from Brittany or Normandy.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hmmmm. I could do this right from home, at least as far as Lewes, if not Eastbourne. It all depends on the local bus service.

Good news then. At least the publicity will help. An ideal springtime warm up for the longer pilgrimages.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Job vacancy in the UK, relating to the Old Way Pilgrimage

Most read last week in this forum

Hello! I'm starting research on the VF and, having walked the Camino Francés, I wonder how laundry/hand washing facilities and situations compare on the Francigena. I know there are more private...
Good news for pilgrims on the VF: https://www.viefrancigene.org/en/historic-pilgrim-hostel-reopens-in-siena-tuscany/

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.