A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Brochures on the Saiatz alternative

Camino Badges

peregrina2000

Staff member
EDIT by Laurie — These brochures are much more helpful in screen shot format, so I have deleted the scanned copies that I had added to this post. Just scroll down to Tom’s attachments and you will have a much better copy.

With a lot of help from my forum friends, I was able to walk the Saiatz alternative of the Vasco Interior. I did post about it live, but I also want to make these very helpful brochures available. I have scanned them, four pages each, and I think it will be obvious how to print them out and paste them together. They provide very good information.

It was a challenge, but it was some of the most beautiful walking I have done on any camino.

Buen camino, Laurie

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
OK - bit of online teamwork here.. Laurie sent me smartphone photos of each sheet and I've tried to enhance the definition a little and upload them in two formats JPEG and PDF.
Both should work pretty well if read/zoomed on a tablet or smartphone. The PDF format may be easier for old skool types that like to print.
The original paper guides come as two large sheets.
The first one is Section 2b and its 1st side starts in Hernani and goes to Zarateko.
Turn over the sheet and you get Section 2b, 2nd side: Zarateko to Bidania
The sheet for section 3B follows on. On the 1st side goes from Bidania to Mandubia.
Turn over the sheet and you get Section 3B, 2nd side from Mandubia to Zegama
Et voila, you are back on the regular Vasco route.

Attachments

peregrina2000

Staff member
That’s the kind of teamwork I love. I sit back and watch, while the other team member does the work. 😄

I have deleted the attachments in the first post so that people will scroll down to these far superior maps.

This is a much better way to see the maps, which are VERY helpful. Happy to answer any questions about this alternative, because it was absolutely one of the most glorious stretches I have walked on any camino. Though the new mountain alternatives on the Olvidado are right up there as well!

Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
Michael; Camino-addicted Camino Vasco del Interior 30

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 6 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 43 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 162 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 261 24.5%