• PLEASE NOTE: Please think twice before you travel to Spain now. More here.

Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Browser problems

Bridget and Peter

Camino(s) past & future
Home to Reims 2007
Reims to Limoges 2008
Camino Ingles 2009
Limoges to Gernica 2009
Gernica to San Vicente de la Barquera 2010
San Vicente to La Isla 2012
La Isla to Santiago Sept/Oct 2014
Ivar, I have been having problems getting to the virtual albergue for a couple of weeks - whether I click on a link or try to get in via the address bar it doesn't load, or it takes ages to get in and then ages to go to another page. Is this a problem others are having?

KiwiNomad06

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Le Puy-Santiago(2008) Cluny-Conques+prt CF(2012)
I haven't had any problems Bridget. I watched both videos and it was amazing to see so much snow in Santiago- since I was a 'summer' arrival there!
Margaret

Tia Valeria

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Pt Norte/Pmtvo 2010
C. Inglés 2011
C. Primitivo '12
Norte-C. de la Reina '13
C. do Mar-C. Inglés '15
Bridget and Peter said:
Ivar, I have been having problems getting to the virtual albergue for a couple of weeks - whether I click on a link or try to get in via the address bar it doesn't load, or it takes ages to get in and then ages to go to another page. Is this a problem others are having?
I have problems sometimes too. If the page doesn't load properly I have found that it will work if I hit Stop and then Refresh. Comes up OK then.
I suspect this has something to do with my settings as the video doesn't always work either on some sites. (I use Firefox as my default browser) Any hints/tips appreciated here too.Thanks
Tia Valeria

Bridget and Peter

Camino(s) past & future
Home to Reims 2007
Reims to Limoges 2008
Camino Ingles 2009
Limoges to Gernica 2009
Gernica to San Vicente de la Barquera 2010
San Vicente to La Isla 2012
La Isla to Santiago Sept/Oct 2014
Thanks, Tia Valeria. We use Firefox too and I have found the same with some videos. I have the same problem with another forum (stitchinfingers!) which uses 'ning' like the albergue, so there may be a connection there.

I have been thinking of starting a group on the albergue, for people who make their pilgrimage from their front doors, as it were, like Terry, and us, but the delay getting anywhere rather puts me off. After all, I should be spending any time I have available on completing our blog! that's todays intention, anyway, to add to it, even if not complete!

I might 'listen again' to the radio 3 'composer of the week' which was baroque Spanish composers generally while I do it!

happy (snowy) Saturday everyone!

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Hmm... I am trying to figure out what is going on here. I have removed some code (in the forum) that might be the problem just now, see if it is better now.

Also, make sure that you have the latest version of your browser and the latest version of flash (http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/)...

...I have a feeling that if you have problems over at the albergue it might be a flash related problem.

Please let me know and I will continue this "investigation" :)

Saludos,
Ivar

anniethenurse

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances.Vasco del Interior.Camino Finisterre& Muxia. Camino Portugues. Ruta del Ebro.
ivar said:
Hmm... I am trying to figure out what is going on here. I have removed some code (in the forum) that might be the problem just now, see if it is better now.

Also, make sure that you have the latest version of your browser and the latest version of flash (http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/)...

...I have a feeling that if you have problems over at the albergue it might be a flash related problem.

Saludos,
Ivar
no problems - both Safari and Firefox are working fine, using MacBook Air.

Tia Valeria

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Pt Norte/Pmtvo 2010
C. Inglés 2011
C. Primitivo '12
Norte-C. de la Reina '13
C. do Mar-C. Inglés '15
ivar said:
Hmm... I am trying to figure out what is going on here. I have removed some code (in the forum) that might be the problem just now, see if it is better now. ...................

Saludos,
Ivar

Is that why the Google search bar on the forum has disappeared since yesterday? The photos on the albergue are now running and it does load quicker too, thank you Ivar.
Thanks for the rest of the advice, I am up to date although my computer was denying the fact at times!!!!! and does blame flash.

Bridget and Peter said:
I have been thinking of starting a group on the albergue, for people who make their pilgrimage from their front doors, as it were, like Terry, and us, but the delay getting anywhere rather puts me off.
A great idea. I haven't found it a problem adding comments, although they take a short while to appear on the message wall sometimes. I assumed that was to allow checking of content, or editing.
Greetings from a cold and snowy SW England
Tia Valeria

Edit:- Search box now has its search button back and cursor OK. Thanks Ivar

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
..I am still getting e-mails form some members that have login problems...

I have a feeling it is a problem related to Norton Internet Security and Internet Explorer.... but I am not 100% sure. I have made one change to the forum today, let's see if this helps.

Please e-mail me, ivar.rekve@gmail.com if you keep having problems.

Saludos,
Ivar

Tia Valeria

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Pt Norte/Pmtvo 2010
C. Inglés 2011
C. Primitivo '12
Norte-C. de la Reina '13
C. do Mar-C. Inglés '15
Hi Ivar,
I have just left a comment over in the Albergue to say that I can log-in OK now and it all works better.
I have to 'refresh' sometimes after log-in to get the full page up but then it all runs well. I use Firefox, Zonealarm firewall and Microsoft anti-virus with high security settings. Terry has a similar system and has had no problems.
Thank you.
Tia Valeria

Advertisement

Booking.com