• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Budapest to Santiago

michaelwalker

Time of past OR future Camino
2010 Spring, Tours Route and Camino Frances. Tours to Bordeaux then SJPP to Santiago.
2011 Autumn, Voie de Soulac, Tours Route and Camino Frances. Bordeaux to Bayonne then Dax to SJPP to Finisterre
2013 Summer, Camino Frances. O'Cebreiro to Santiago, then part of Portuguese route.
2014 Autumn, Via De La Plata - Merida to Astorga.
2016 Spring GR 10 and Caimno del Norte
I am interested in walking from Budapest to Santiago. I've walked the Tours route earlier this year and want to go again next year. I have six months maybe more to do it in.

I'm wondering if anyone has done this route, my nascent plan is to do something like this:-

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=d&sour ... 69&t=h&z=5

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Attachments

• Via Regia.jpg
    Via Regia.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 1,204
Thanks a lot Sillydoll. I've decided to go from Rome to Santiago. I wasn't too sure about walking in the Alps as I will be alone and don't understand how safe it is up there.

I am looking at routes and think the best way is along the Via Francigena north to Sarzana then cutting west along the Cote d'Azur and along the GR653a to Arles. Then from there to Santiago.

It took me a while but I have worked out the maps I'll need, now I am just getting together my pack, tent (these are there from my Tours to Santigo camino in may/june 2010) etc. It was my first Camino and I loved it so much.

My God I just realised while typing this out how wonderful this is going to be (in between blisters, tiredness, sunburn etc) :)

I plan to go in about five or six weeks.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I downloaded an Italian guide and translated into English for the Coastal Route from Ponte San Ludovico (Ventimiglia) ending at Sarzana (http://www.viadellacosta.it) for a friend who was planning on walking from Santiago to Rome but who is not doing it this year. If you would like a copy mail me and I'll send it to you. I'd be happy to send you all the other stuff I collected for him.
sillydoll at gmail . com

Thanks a lot Sillydoll. I've decided to go from Rome to Santiago. I wasn't too sure about walking in the Alps as I will be alone and don't understand how safe it is up there.

I am looking at routes and think the best way is along the Via Francigena north to Sarzana then cutting west along the Cote d'Azur and along the GR653a to Arles. Then from there to Santiago.

It took me a while but I have worked out the maps I'll need, now I am just getting together my pack, tent (these are there from my Tours to Santigo camino in may/june 2010) etc. It was my first Camino and I loved it so much.

My God I just realised while typing this out how wonderful this is going to be (in between blisters, tiredness, sunburn etc) :)

I plan to go in about five or six weeks.
Did you walk this route? We are thinking about cycling (when it's safe and open). Thanks, Looking for any experiences, information on cycling from Budapest to Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

Good morning. After having walked, 3 (Frances, VdlP, CP and Fisterra) Camino to Santiago, we thought that this year we should ‘experience’ another Way. So in a few short days we fly off to Italy...
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2024/04/22/italy-tourists-cinque-terre-one-way-hiking-trails/
Good news for pilgrims on the VF: https://www.viefrancigene.org/en/historic-pilgrim-hostel-reopens-in-siena-tuscany/

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.