• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Budgeting

animamundi

My partner and I are going to start walking from Pamplona to Santiago de Compostella at the beginning of August this year. Can anyone give us an estimate of how much we should be budgeting per day for our trip? I'm sure this question has come up before and I'm sure that there's a lot of different opinions but it would be nice to hear a few people's advice...

Thanks!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I would say 30 euros each for day ...

Because in august many people thinks everything can be a bit more expensive ...
Because Navarra is more than expensive than normal in the Camino ...
Because albergues are more expensive than two years ago ...
And because ... I don't know, but you will spend it.

But don't worry about, it's not expensive at all. Don't worry about and enjoy your Camino.

Buen Camino,

Javier Martín
Madrid, Spain

I concur with "approx" 30e daily. In the long run it depends on ur lifestyle and how u choose to do ur Camino. A cc will help, lots of atm. Best, xm 8)

The 1 euro per km,(per person),estimate ,seems to tie in with the above,
give or take a euro,(or km!!).....Buen Camino,Les

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
yes but any estimate per kilometre is useless because it fails to account for the different walking speeds

much, much better to give per day amounts

Well, estimates per kilometers, spending habits, daily amounts, lifestyles, etc., r all approximations that give an idea. As suggested, take a cc, just in case :wink: Best, xm

Thanks for the speedy replies guys - it seems that 30 euros per day is the consensus. I'll be sure to check the other links that were suggested as well.
Cheers
B

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
What is guaranteed is that you will spend more than you expect and won't be able to work out where it went!

Does anyone in the States know if the donations we give at albergues r tax deductible (this is a serious one, guys). It just occured to me. Would appreicate any info. Best, xm 8)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The albergues definitely get cheaper the further you go, I agree, Javier.

once you're in Castillo y Leon, costs noticably nose dive.

Javier, that may be technical and arguable, particularly if the albergue belongs to a recognized institution like the CSJ and can be documented precisely as a donation. You may find this interesting: just found out that for US IRS standards, acc to my CPA, if donations are given and documented to a establish world-wide institution, point in case a church, they may be declared as deductions. Best, xm 8)

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
Yes, pardon me. So I've just read this cool article about the closing of the Puerta del Perdón in the Monastery of Santo Toribio for the holy year (and it is a very beautiful peurta for sure). It...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.