• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Buen Camino App

intrepidtraveler

Time of past OR future Camino
Caminos Madrid, Frances and Finisterre (2015)
Camino Norte-2017; Camino Ingles from A Coruna - 2017
So, what am I missing? ?? Many of you on the CdNorte forum have mentioned using and being very happy with the Buen Camino App - especially the maps. I downloaded a Buen Camino app from the resources section. It appears to be nicely done but I am only able to find very general info about walking the Camino. Certainly no maps. Where can I find the one you all are referencing that shows the route? Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
So, what am I missing? ?? Many of you on the CdNorte forum have mentioned using and being very happy with the Buen Camino App - especially the maps. I downloaded a Buen Camino app from the resources section. It appears to be nicely done but I am only able to find very general info about walking the Camino. Certainly no maps. Where can I find the one you all are referencing that shows the route? Thank you for taking the time to reply.

if its the same app - go to 'index of localities' and hen select eg Irun then just under the picture you see a selection of icons in white - so find the map icon and press and hey presto or something like that the map should come up.

i am currently using the app on CdeNorte and it is a godsend! a really useful.section is the plan your.daily ges which will show you the daily kilometres and again you can seethis on the map and in profile for the ups and downs.

whilst yhe signage is good on the norte - they are digging up the odd road here and there so sometimes its easy to walk stray paths. The app is worth every penny!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thank you both so much for your replies. Phil- where did you get your Buen Camino app?

Thank you both so much for your replies. Phil- where did you get your Buen Camino app?

so im on a Android phone so got t from google play - sure you can get it for apple/windowsfrom their stores as well. it is from 'editorial buen camino' which it has as a subtitle and when it loads up. i think there might be other apps using the same name as 'buen camino' ?

Found it - thanks so much.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I'm walking the Northern Camino and love this app but today it scrambled some distances so I reloaded it and it happened again. Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm walking the Northern Camino and love this app but today it scrambled some distances so I reloaded it and it happened again. Has anyone else experienced this?

I had a couple of blips with it not counting distances but not really a scramble. Couple of times it wouldn't load up and then I had to revert to view ranger as inevitably these were the times when it was most needed - Sod's law - but for the most part it was pretty stable.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi all! I have loaded this app for my Camino Norte/Primitivo in May/June and am wondering if it uses GPS or some other way of telling me where I am and getting me back to the Camino should I get lost (either accidentally or on purpose ;)

Hi, in the planner part of the Buen Camino App, I cannot add Ventosa, I can see it in the map when I add Najera as the next village but not to select to stay there, it is a variant to the route. Any ideas

Hi, in the planner part of the Buen Camino App, I cannot add Ventosa, I can see it in the map when I add Najera as the next village but not to select to stay there, it is a variant to the route. Any ideas
I have also had some problems planning stages with the alternate routes. You can send a message to the developer through WhatsApp at +34 654 504 390. Or you can send them an email at info@editorialbuencamino.com. I have found that they respond pretty fast.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I have also had some problems planning stages with the alternate routes. You can send a message to the developer through WhatsApp at +34 654 504 390. Or you can send them an email at info@editorialbuencamino.com. I have found that they respond pretty fast.
I sent a WhatsApp message with this question. Here is the response from the developer:

we dont have the option to add Ventosa to the Stage planner, yet So if you want to measure the distances to Ventosa you can do it by navigating through the towns, and adding the km yourself

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back