• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • Hi Please note that the posts below are created automatically when a new Resource is created in the Camino Resource section. Users can only make replies to the topics below, not create new threads.

Buen Camino!
    Ivar

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Buffs Camino design

I GOT IT!! Thanks Bev...I love it...colors a beautiful...now off to play with it!! It's so cold around here today (snow this morning!) so I'll probably go out of the house with it on to boot! Gracias! :D

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Heading out for a Camino prep walk..wearing what else but my new Buff! Bev thanks again, it's a great design. For all your efforts, Gracias!

Attachments

• DSC00640.JPG
    DSC00640.JPG
    247.8 KB · Views: 2,453
So thrilled it arrived. The universe must read the Forum!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I'm planning to wear mine on the Portland Camino walk on Sunday. I hope to spread the love and get some more customers for you Bev!

Hey Renegrade that is great news. Thanks I still hvae a bunch so spread the word far and wide.

Bev :)

Hi Beverly,
I got my buffs on Monday. I love them. I'm keeping them a surprise for my sister who will arrive the day before we leave for Europe and the Camino.
The colours are lovely and will suit my clothes. I'll be making a bit of a fashion statement.
Thanks for doing all the work.
Frances

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hey, I am so glad they arrived on time. Spread the word about them (take my e-mail address cosmocavan@gmail.com) in case anyone asks :)

Yes Bev, good idea to promote them while we walk. Will give out your email to others on Vdlp, from 25th.

Thanks again for all your efforts.
Carole

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi,

Are the Buffs still available as we are walking the Camino in March 2013, and would love 3 of them... the design is great!

Unfortunately I don't need another Buff, so I won't be helping sales. But I would encourage anyone who hasn't got one to get one. Definitely one of my best buys. Soaked at the fuente and worn under my hat or round my neck it helped keep me cooler.
allan

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
:D Hi all,
I am new to the forum and was wondering if there are any of the buffs
still available. I love my buff but it would be cool to have a new one for my adventure!!!
Cheers :) Lana

Lana, Hi, you are in luck for a Buff, I have 5 left. Youcan contact me directly with your full name and address at cosmocavan@gmail.com
After I send it I will let you know the postage and you can pay via paypal if that works for you.

Cheers and Happy New Year
Beverley

Got my buff today from Beverly and it is awesome!! So versatile and can't wait to wear it next year on my first Camino.

Thank you Beverly for the hard work you put into this...

God Bless You.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Dearest Pilgrims..
It is with a sad heart that I must say that I have shipped my last Camino desig Buff. I believe there are 249 out there and I have one, making 250 buffs designed by me with love of the Camino in my heart. I have received so much joy by filling orders and reading happy comments from Buffers all over the world. So it is with mixed emotions that I have to say thanks to those of you who ordered Buffs in the past few days but sorry the last one went to Warren in Australia.

So Buen (Bom) Camino dear pilgrims.

"See" you on the Forum.

Beverley :?

Hi Bev. I will be putting my lovely buff to good use in May when I finally return to the Camino. I will think of you and our two Moms while I wear it. Thanks very much for the work and love you put into this project to make 249 peregrinos very happy.

Sheesh

Last edited:
I know them as the name of tub. I prefer one with windstopper, especially in the mornings!

Hi, Bev, thanks for the great job you did on the Camino Buff! I love it even more now that I have seen the graffiti you have used in the design and am glad I was able to get one. Lately I have been 'practicing' different ways of wearing it before my short trial walk on a section of St Olav's Way in Norway this summer. I have got other ones but will bring this one with me to get me into the walking spirit!

Buen Camino and thank you
Linda

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Can you enlighten me as to what these are …… hahaha I hate to miss out on a good thingo_O

This is a quote from gerardcareys very funny post on the subject of buffs and women pilgrims. :)
Edit: PS. great video gerard.

"
That stretchy tubular fabric thing you wear around your neck, or as a headband or a hat thingy.
Keeps you snuggly when it’s chilly,"

http://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/just-horrid-sometimes-aren’t-they-…-women-pilgrims.21225/

Just had a thought on the subject maybe Ivan could look at the possibility of producing a Camino Forum Buff if they are so treasured by their owners, and there is a demand for more (it could be based on the topic Buff but be slightly different) Just depends on how much of a demand, that would be the problem!!!! Just a thought?

Just had a thought on the subject maybe Ivan could look at the possibility of producing a Camino Forum Buff if they are so treasured by their owners, and there is a demand for more (it could be based on the topic Buff but be slightly different) Just depends on how much of a demand, that would be the problem!!!! Just a thought?

I think it's a good, no, great idea.
I will buy one or two or three? Camino forum buff. Profits could benefit the Forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
May I suggest a design? I would love one that depicts the <<sellos>>from the various alburgues along the way. The design doesn't need many; the Buff is symmetrical on both axis. There could even be a little walking Santiago at the bottom. I have looked on the Buff site and the minimum order for a custom design is only 25 items.
Here in the Pacific Northwest we wear them every day, all winter -- so nice and cozy especially if the wind picks up!
Fran

I think it's a good, no, great idea.
I will buy one or two or three? Camino forum buff. Profits could benefit the Forum.

Also the buff could be designed & made in Spain so that it is reversible with the inside design depicting maybe the Cathedral or the places along the Camino & the reverse side kinda neutral like maybe flowers, etc for women & architecture, etc for men. My experience walking the Frances taught me I made the right decision bringing a store-bought buff even for a summer Camino since it was chilly in the mornings & late evenings & good for holding back sweat in the heat of the day. Plus it will help the Spanish economy a little, I think.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Suggest we wait and see what numbers read the post"Who was selling those Camino Buffs" and give positive responses to wanting to own one?
I would be on for at least three maybe five!

Another thought just accurred to me I do hope I haven't Hi-jacked your post Anniesantiago? If I have, I do apologise, I am so sorry!

Last edited:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
If anyone is interested, the Buff site gives some information on custom designed Buffs. They would be manufactured and shipped from Barcelona, Spain. There are other companies making similar products, but the real Buff was originated and designed in Spain, and actually the ones we buy here, in the US at least, are produced in Spain.
Their website is:http://www.buffusa.com/downloads/Custom_Buff_Brochure.pdf. They request a vector logo in .eps format, or 100% final size/300 dpi, PSD, TIFF or JPEG. (I can assist with this as I work with these formats all the time.)
I hope we could get this going!

Annie the "Camino de Santiago" graffiti just outside of Leon. I like it! Does Beverly have the original pic , would she mind if it was reused again is anyone she knows willing to PM her and find out.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Want one!
Can I have one?
Can I?

Can I?
Can I?
Can I have one?
Can I?
Can I have one now?
Can I?
Go on!

Please!
Can I have one please?

John each "one " I understand means you would like five ?????

Sounds like the forum patch is facing competition. Maybe a forum buff will be the recognition device of the future? :)

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Also the buff could be designed & made in Spain so that it is reversible with the inside design depicting maybe the Cathedral or the places along the Camino & the reverse side kinda neutral like maybe flowers, etc for women & architecture, etc for men. My experience walking the Frances taught me I made the right decision bringing a store-bought buff even for a summer Camino since it was chilly in the mornings & late evenings & good for holding back sweat in the heat of the day. Plus it will help the Spanish economy a little, I think.

But I like architecture more than flowers.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I love the idea about something reversible; however, to me, something "kinda neutral like maybe flowers, etc for women & architecture, etc for men" would be a deterent. I don't know about other women on this forum, but I find it difficult to shop for outdoor clothing and gear particularly because so much of it is designed "for women". I would really just love to have some of the stuff designed for men in sizes/shapes that are suited for women. Now, at least for a buff, women could easily purchase something designed for men.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I just sent Beverley a PM on behalf of you guys. Will let you know when/if she gets back to me.

That great LTfit , Thanks very much.

I love the idea about something reversible; however, to me, something "kinda neutral like maybe flowers, etc for women & architecture, etc for men" would be a deterent. I don't know about other women on this forum, but I find it difficult to shop for outdoor clothing and gear particularly because so much of it is designed "for women". I would really just love to have some of the stuff designed for men in sizes/shapes that are suited for women. Now, at least for a buff, women could easily purchase something designed for men.

I didn't mean to suggest that we purchase things just because they are "designed" for women or men. I, for one , do not buy items just because they are gender specific. I did not mean to stereotype genders -my post was just what it is : suggestion.

My point exactly.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Sounds like the forum patch is facing competition. Maybe a forum buff will be the recognition device of the future? :)
I hope not competition, tyrrek, maybe an extra that pilgrim's may like to purchase!:)

Knock it off cobber!
I only got one and after what I went thru nobody's getting it off me!

And for your benefit Annie the 'How to wear a Buff Video.

Regds
Gerard
Well Gerard you did it again.

I was doing my best to avoid posts about buffs after that other post you made about horrid women and buffs and ---

oh lets not go there...

And now you have a video about buffs which I must admit are very cool items...

But again I can not see myself ever using them..... given my exposure to what their real purpose is...

Sheesh

You can have custom ones made. Any interest in this on the forum? I'd be interested in putting something together and taking orders.
definitely interested....please keep me posted...smiles.

Hi all, I received some info from a manufacturer. Bottom line is that they could be ready in a month if I get my act together. :roll:
Yeah,......would definitely love to buy one or two...smiles.

That is great news LTfit I like that design simple, colourful,appropriate, and I am up for several if we can find a marketable price.

Yep that's it. People interested in this design?
I just e-mailed Buff with inquiry price and minimum amount required for a custom designed Buff.
To be continued.

Hi there LTfit, have any news from Buff on price and numbers please.

Hi pilgrim b,
Buff has not gotten back to me yet but I received a PM from the OP Beverley today.
She has contacted Buff to see if they still have the original design but did say that they were always very slow in responding to her in the past. She did say that she has the original jpeg file but that we need vector files for Buff to use on the material. She no longer has these.
I will update the status as soon as I have further information to share.

I would be interested in one as well,

Thanks

Hi pilgrim b,
Buff has not gotten back to me yet but I received a PM from the OP Beverley today.
She has contacted Buff to see if they still have the original design but did say that they were always very slow in responding to her in the past. She did say that she has the original jpeg file but that we need vector files for Buff to use on the material. She no longer has these.

Hi LTfit "but that we need vector files for Buff to use on the material."

If anyone is interested, the Buff site gives some information on custom designed Buffs. They would be manufactured and shipped from Barcelona, Spain. There are other companies making similar products, but the real Buff was originated and designed in Spain, and actually the ones we buy here, in the US at least, are produced in Spain.
Their website is:http://www.buffusa.com/downloads/Custom_Buff_Brochure.pdf. They request a vector logo in .eps format, or 100% final size/300 dpi, PSD, TIFF or JPEG. (I can assist with this as I work with these formats all the time.)
I hope we could get this going!

What design? The yellow arrow with a dark blue background? Or perhaps the yellow shell with the dark blue background? Does anyone know where I can get hi res copies of these? I'd need them to give to a friend of mine who does graphic design to make a mock-up of what we would want.
I know that this is now "old news" but I'd be interested in any progress - for me I'd prefer one with the Camino Cross on the shell background. (I will read through the history). Cheers

€46,-
Yep that's it. People interested in this design?
I just e-mailed Buff with inquiry price and minimum amount required for a custom designed Buff.
To be continued.
Hola LTfit - I bought an original Buff last week (in Sydney from Paddy Palin) - plain Red. Please advise if the production company are still willing to supply the "Camino" design. I will contact a few of the Aussies who are Camino nuts - we have our next meeting in Sydney on the first Saturday in December. If there is interest I will get back to you. Cheers :cool:

I have her email if anyone wants me to message her I can. (Talking about Bev who did the original order)

I have the files Bev used in .ai and .tif formats. I can email them to anyone that wants to move ahead with this. The original buffs that Bev did were awesome! I bought two and gave one to a friend who walked last year.

I have her email if anyone wants me to message her I can. (Talking about Bev who did the original order)

As I mentioned in my last post of November 13th I am in contact with Beverley and will get back with information as soon as I have it. She no longer has the original files and has also contacted Buff.

For all new members: this is regarding the original design (see previous posts with pictures of the buff) - nothing else.

I am acting as a facilitator. If someone else wants to take this over, make a new/other design and/or do the ordering themselves feel free to do so just please let me know.

Did you not read my last post? I have the files from Bev. She emailed them to me and I still have them if you want them. This is regarding the original design.

Also if you don't want to do the order I'm happy to take it over for you.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi pilgrim b,

I also want one (at least), Ltfit. Good to hear she still had the original picture.
Thank you for all the time and effort you are putting down in this project. :)

Also if you don't want to do the order I'm happy to take it over for you.
I got the impression that the buff sales were a difficult task for Beverley. Inventory moved slowly, and there was a financial burden. Mine is preserved as a collector's item!

I got the impression that the buff sales were a difficult task for Beverley. Inventory moved slowly, and there was a financial burden. Mine is preserved as a collector's item!

If you do a pre-order with a minimum response your financial burden is nil. For example, if I did this order, the minimum pre-order would probably be around 50. I've done the same with patches. I've got a few ideas on how this can be accomplished that would make my financial burden zero and put the burden on those who want them. If there is truly demand, they'll sell themselves. I'm willing to give it a go if no one else wants to.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
If you do a pre-order with a minimum response your financial burden is nil. For example, if I did this order, the minimum pre-order would probably be around 50. I've done the same with patches. I've got a few ideas on how this can be accomplished that would make my financial burden zero and put the burden on those who want them. If there is truly demand, they'll sell themselves. I'm willing to give it a go if no one else wants to.

It seems pretty clear that Heather is willing to act as the facilitator in place of Bev.
She has the necessary files and is prepared to go ahead..
Maybe the best thing here is to let her make the contacts with Buff and set a price for those who want to order.
Seems pretty straight forward at this point.

As I mentioned to Lee in a PM, I have the files from over two years ago that Bev emailed to me. I don't remember why I asked for them but I kept them in my email inbox. I'd probably do a different design but very similar to the old one, using the Camino graffiti as the base. I'm waiting to hear back from Lee. FWIW, I already have a "store" set-up online for other stuff so this would be fairly easy to do once the design and order is placed.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Having been burned fronting my own $$ before I understand her hesitation. The best way to do it is to crowd source it. No money put out until there are enough orders. Not enough orders? No buff. Easy.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
That's fine LTfit , I just posted to see if we had any further progress and to make sure you had seen offer of vector logo assistance.

Buff has finally contacted me but don't get excited quite yet. Details regarding pricing and postage still need to be settled.

I have asked for a quotation for 2 types of Buffs: 1) the original microfiber textile Buff with the Camino de Santiago design on one side and a solid corresponding color on the other and 2) a Reversible Polar Buff with one side made of the original microfiber textile and the other with a solid corresponding color made of polar fleece. I have recently purchased the second option and it is lovely for cold weather.

I will get back with more information asap.

Thanks Lee!!!!

Thanks, I'd be interested in pre-ordering a couple. I'll watch this thread.

If you want me to price it in the US to see if there's a price difference let me know. Seems like there's bad/slow customer service in Europe and Canada.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Has there been any update on the Buff?
Beverley sold them out.

Btw, are you going to serve as an amigo, Grayland? When?
ps. Sorry I hijacked the thread...

Last edited:
There's a new order being looked at anniethenurse. Read through the last couple of pages here. ;)

I see that is great!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I'd like another one because I gave my extra to a friend who walked last year. They make great gifts too.

Hola Grayland,
I am sorry I didn't read the whole thread but I am happy there is going to be a new order.
Yes, returning as an Amiga preferably in May if I will be accepted.
Merry Christmas to you grayland and say hello to your lovely spouse!

Last edited:

€83,-
Merry Christmas everyone!

Latest update: As you have noticed customer service is slow. Beverley had warned me about this. It took Buff three weeks to get back to me to tell me that they had a problem with the files. So I got on the phone and spoke to the Dutch Buff distributor last week (have to go through them rather than dealing directly with Buff Spain which I originally did hence part of the delay I think). Hopefully that issue is now settled. I sent a follow-up email a few days after asking if he had received a price quote from Buff Spain but I have not yet heard back.

So that's it. Given that many Spainards are off till January 6th I don't expect much action till after that.

I leave for Spain tomorrow and so will follow up when I return Jan 3rd.

If you want me to try US Buffs I'm happy to try. I have a feeling the customer service might be quicker.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Might I suggest another company then? www.hoorag.com

Same idea, different company. They have a 3-4 week delivery eta once the proof has been approved.

Unfortunately they are US only. :(

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
renegadepilgrim, assuming prices are not substantially dearer than Bev's initial order a couple of years ago, I would be a firm taker for 4 buffs.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.