• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • Hi Please note that the posts below are created automatically when a new Resource is created in the Camino Resource section. Users can only make replies to the topics below, not create new threads.

Buen Camino!
    Ivar

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Buffs Camino design

Hey Renegrade that is great news. Thanks I still hvae a bunch so spread the word far and wide.

Bev :)
Hi Beverly,

Are there still any buffs available? I would love one! It take its a summer version?

Hope to hear from you
Thnx

Oh, did not read the whole thread. Well, if anybody is ordering new buffs, count me in for 1

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Beverly,

Are there still any buffs available? I would love one! It take its a summer version?

Hope to hear from you
Thnx

Oh, did not read the whole thread. Well, if anybody is ordering new buffs, count me in for 1
Hello Dutch, Yes they are summer buffs. As far as I am aware Beverly was the distributor of them last year and she has sold out of them. This year Ltfit has taken on the job and the first fifty are already spoken for 'sold'. She is however making another list of the next fifty if you would like to go on that list send her a private conversation and she will advise you of the next step. Hope this helps you to obtain one.

Hi Pilgrim b,

Yep, the PM is out the door already. Hope i can buy one asap :)

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hi Dutch,

I have spent the whole afternoon addressing and stuffing envelopes with Buffs which are to be sent out.
These Buffs were ordered in January.

As pilgrim b mentioned once another 50 orders are paid for I will order again. I now have 17 pending.

Just returned from the post office and am pleased to confirm that ALL THE BUFFS have been sent out:).
I have no idea how long a letter/package takes to get to the U.S, Canada or Australia let alone other European countries so please don't ask!

I am working on the next order but am only at about 15.

As far as my records show only @Susannafromsweden and @anniethenurse requested packaging (is there something particular about
Sweden?;)). The rest were sent out naked.

Hope that they arrive in time for those of you leaving shortly.

Buen Camino!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Just returned from the post office and am pleased to confirm that ALL THE BUFFS have been sent out:).
I have no idea how long a letter/package takes to get to the U.S, Canada or Australia let alone other European countries so please don't ask!

I am working on the next order but am only at about 15.

As far as my records show only @Susannafromsweden and @anniethenurse requested packaging (is there something particular about
Sweden?;)). The rest were sent out naked.

Hope that they arrive in time for those of you leaving shortly.

Buen Camino!
LTfit, thank you so much for all the work you have done to make this happen. It is greatly appreciated. Now I can add the buff to my description of myself for my May/June CF.
Stefania

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I am currently in Belorado. Didn't receive my buff in time for my camino, but I am not too upset about it. The weather and people I have met have been incredible. And the buff will be a great souvenir when I get home!!

Thanks LT - I was hoping to wear mine to the Sydney Pilgrims April (5th) Saturday meeting, with the other Camino T-Shirt. If it arrives in time will post the photos. Cheers

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
It has just this minute been delivered. Thank you very much LT :)

oh thank you so much! I got mine yesterday and wore it at home all evening ;)
it's great!

Hello Buffers,
The process of sending out the Buffs started today. I am running down the list according to receipt of payment. They are going out to all parts of the world and I don't know how long it will take to get to you. Obviously those in Europe will receive it first. Unless otherwise stipulated, they will be sent out without the packaging. The price of postage with the packaging is twice that without and the price I quoted was for a 'naked' Buff.
I will post a picture later.
Cheers,
LT

Mine arrived in the US today! I have to confess I bought it only because Susanna convinced me we would make quite the fashion statement on the Camino Olvidado. Anyone who has found as many uses for her electric coil as Susanna has is sure to have a million uses for this very stylish and colorful buff! Laurie

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hola - Buffs de Camino de Santiago have arrived down under. I shall wear it at the April meeting of the Sydney Pilgrims. Look for a change in my photo. Cheers!!

Hello Lee, my buffs all arrived in Yorkshire, England today they do really look great, I liked the little encouragement you wrote on the back of the envolope too. Thank you very much.

Received mine today. Thanks LTfit.

I'm saving mine for my Nephew Josh, who will accompany me on the Camino next summer after he graduates from High School. It will be his first trip out of the US. I already have one and will be sporting it on the Camino starting in May of this year.

And thanks for the "Buen Camino".

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Lee, my 5 buffs arrived today, 3 new peregrinos will be getting a very pleasant surprise present on our next camino training hike, thanks again for taking on the onerous job of trying to please such a disparate group, looks like the postage cost will not be a factor in forwarding the 3 sets of inserts.

:)

Seamus

Mine arrived today, and it was a great surprise as I had not been following the thread.
Thanks Lee for organizing this, it is a great reminder of my journey.
I am passing along the second one to my friend who started the Camino with me last June
she has no idea about this and I am excited to see the look on her face
Thanks again.
Buen Camino everyone.

Cheryl in Canada

Lee:

My three Camino Buffs arrived in today's post, Thursday, 20 March. You posted them from the NL on 12 March. Not too bad. Just as an FYI, I live in northern Virginia, west of Washington, D.C. I am sure all the US and Canadian orders will arrive this week.

Thank you again for all your effort. Now I have mine in time for my Camino at the end of April...joepie!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
It was better than a Christmas morning :) Thank you Lee for making this possible. Styling in the buff...oops...I mean styling with my Buff.

Hi all,
I keep hearing this word Buff! Could you please tell me what is a Buff??

Frances.

Hi all,
I keep hearing this word Buff! Could you please tell me what is a Buff??

Frances.

Hi Frances,
Here is the official web explanation available in a multitude of patterns & colours usually retailing around the £14.00 mark. I have a couple of them and wear one all year round. The material is stretchy therefore its many uses for warmth, sun protection as well as ladies perspiration or man's sweat.
Refer to LTfit who has recently organised a small production run with a well known CAMINO graffiti logo as its main design, I believe orders are being taken for a second order direct from BUFF when she reaches 50. You can of buy the BUFF branded buff from mast outdoor gear shops but not the real Camino one.
But be assured fellow walkers will see you in a BUFF rather than seeing you in the buff.

Ultreia & Buen Camino Keith.

Buff (English /ˈbʌf/, Catalan: [ˈbuf], Spanish: [ˈbuf]) is the registered trade mark for the multifunctional headwear produced by Original Buff S.A., a company based in Igualada, near Barcelona in Catalonia, Spain, since they were established in 1992.[1]
Developed by Joan Rojas in 1991 for wind protection while motorcycling, the Buff headwear is a tube of microfibrous fabric that, with different arrangements, can be worn as a scarf, bandanna, headband, beanie, face mask, tube top, helmet liner, wristband, cap, pirate, Sahara style and other variations. The manufacturing process takes place on a specially developed tubular loom to make the finished garment seamless.[2]

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi Keith,

Thanks for getting back, I think I have a better visual on it now.
As I'm going to be doing the Camino Frances in May it might be a good idea to pick one up before I go.
Thanks again.
Buen Camino,

Frances.

OMG OMG OMG!!!! My buffs came today!!! I was truly not expecting them so early but I'm sure glad I have them now!!! Thank you Thank you Thank you!! I LOVE it!!!
One more thing to scratch off my list of "gets" for my Camino in September!!

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
I'm sure mine is just around the corner, will keep an eye out in the post.
Cheers
Alex

They have arrived, great colours and design, thank you

Last edited:
Are there any left? Or is another order going in soon? I'd like to get 3.
Hi Jen,
I refer you to LTfit earlier post on this thread she has 15 ordered on the second batch.

To be precise, I have received payment for +/- 17 Buffs and as mentioned before an order can only be made once I have a TOTAL of 50. So...bring the orders on and when I reach that amount I will order again.
@Jen Juneau : look at the Camino Resources page for details. PM me if you have any questions.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Well, this is a drag. I haven't been on the forum for a while but now see that folks have received their Buffs. My multiple Buff order still hasn't shown up. I think there must be a problem at my end. LTfit, I'll PM you for any details that can help me track it down.

Hurray! I just needed a little more patience here in Canada. My Buffs arrived today and they're beautiful! Thank you, LTfit, for making so many peregrinos very happy!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I took my Camino Buff to the April meeting of the Sydney Pilgrims (see photo). The Buffs attracted a lot of positive attention so expect a few more orders. There were questions about availability on the Camino. Is it likely that they will be available in (say) Santiago?? Cheers

They are only available through me at the moment as it was a specialized and personalized order.

I am now working on a new order so let them know that they can put in an order even if not a member of the Forum. I have received about 20 requests from APOC members that paid through the paypal link here on the Forum:http://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/resources/camino-buff.80/

I would love to put in another order by May so that people who are walking in the summer/fall will have them.

They are only available through me at the moment as it was a specialized and personalized order.

I am now working on a new order so let them know that they can put in an order even if not a member of the Forum. I have received about 20 requests from APOC members that paid through the paypal link here on the Forum:http://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/resources/camino-buff.80/

I would love to put in another order by May so that people who are walking in the summer/fall will have them.

Come on, folks! Put in your orders! I would love to have mine before I start walking in May :)

I haven't been on the forum for a while, my buff arrived and sits proudly on top of my backpack awaiting its departure for Spain! Thanks again for organising them.

Cheers,
Siobhan

Lee - LTfit - I am part of the second 50. How many do you have on order? Just curious as to how we can advertise this to get to the magical number so those walking in the summer can have one. Thanks so much for doing this. Let's go people.....order a BUFF or two! Cindy

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I ordered two!

For those who ordered a Buff (and you who are still on the fence), by general consensus, LTfit did not include the packaging to save on shipping. But there are helpful tips on how to wear your Buff on the package. I've scanned the packaging from the Buff I wore on both my Caminos and am including the images here. This is the Canadian packaging but I suspect it's the same, except for the language.
HelenImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1397353037.672923.jpgImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1397353055.275428.jpg

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Hola Lee, People love them how are you doing for numbers? I will order another one or two depending on what you have left of the second cohort of fifty! Will order one now then wait for your reply :)

Are we getting close to the magical 50 yet, LT? :)

Ltfit - how can we advertise this to get more people? I'm in for two and we walk in September. Thanks for doing this.

Edited to say.....I've already put in my order for two via paypal. Hopefully we can get to the magical number of 50 soon!!! Thanks LTfit for doing this.

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Ivar has helped me out and made it possible to pay directly into my Paypal account through the forum. Here is where it can be done: http://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/resources/categories/camino-equipment.26/. I just received two payments and confirmations from Paypal so it does work.

Many of you wish to order more than one. That is fine but at this point you will need to place multiple orders (ie place each order separately) as the amount can not be adjusted.

For all members that have contacted me today or earlier please place/pay for the order using the above link. Buff requires me to pay in full when the order is made.

Thanks @ivar for all your help!

This is the post that addresses how to pay for the Buffs. This is the second wave of buffs. Looks like the first order was filled in January and delivered to 50 lucky pilgrims several weeks later. Now LTfit is taking orders for the second go round of 50 buffs. Might be at 30 or so ordered from what I can read in the posts. Thank you LTfit for doing this. Hopefully we will be at 50 soon!

This is the post that addresses how to pay for the Buffs. This is the second wave of buffs. Looks like the first order was filled in January and delivered to 50 lucky pilgrims several weeks later. Now LTfit is taking orders for the second go round of 50 buffs. Might be at 30 or so ordered from what I can read in the posts. Thank you LTfit for doing this. Hopefully we will be at 50 soon!
When I click the link it takes me to a couple if webcams. Nothing about buffs.

MONK MOSES - if you search for "Camino Buff" in the resources section, you will find the post. there is a BUY IT NOW button on the right. You purchase through PayPal.

http://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/resources/camino-buff.80/

I'm not very computer savvy regarding cutting and pasting. If you can get to the four page thread on Camino Buffs and go to page 3, scroll down to LTfit post with the graphic of the design. There is also a link which will take you to the BUY IT NOW post with the button on the right.

If none of this works, see if you can ask IVAR, the guy who watches over this forum for help. When I go to the link in my original post, it takes me to page 3 of the thread, then I scroll down to LTfit's post with the graphic, click on the post where LTfit says IVAR set up a pay pal to make it easy to pay and look for the button on the right, BUY IT NOW

I hope this helps. Worst come to worst, search out LTfit or IVAR for direction.

Last edited:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Lfit - Can you update me on the process. Do we indicate interest here and wait for you to register 50 people or should we order immediately and if so does it take money from our accounts when we order or does that occur when they are shipped?

I had to pay to be added to the list, so i think that you have to pay upfront.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Production time is not the issue. I have been told by Buff that they have a 2 week delivery once all terms are agreed upon.

Please note that I would be doing this as a service. I foresee payment being made through paypal. When conditions become set this thread will be moved to the Camino Resources section.

To get things rolling I suggest that those forum members interested in Bev's original Buff design send me a pm with e-mail and number of Buff's wanted. This is by no means binding but rather to get an idea how many people are interested.

Hi LTfit,

I have no idea how to pm you ... I would like to order 2 of these "Buffs" please, my email: bwedmonds@msn.com. Thank you.

Production time is not the issue. I have been told by Buff that they have a 2 week delivery once all terms are agreed upon.

Please note that I would be doing this as a service. I foresee payment being made through paypal. When conditions become set this thread will be moved to the Camino Resources section.

To get things rolling I suggest that those forum members interested in Bev's original Buff design send me a pm with e-mail and number of Buff's wanted. This is by no means binding but rather to get an idea how many people are interested.

Hi all interested Buff owners,
I see that there are a few new interested parties (@musicman ,@Mr BWE @Jeniffer @Monk Moses ) and few repeaters.
Thanks everyone for chipping in and giving advice.
Please note:
For those that would like to order there is no need to e-mail me to place an order. You can go ahead and order by placing your order here: http://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/resources/camino-buff.80/
If you would like more than one, you need to enter each order separately. As soon as I have received payment for at least 50, I will place an order. We are now at 33.
So folks place your order and I will keep you all informed when we reach 50.
Spread the word at your local Pilgrim Chapter meetings. I have had several orders come in from members of the American group and they also used the link although they were not all members.
If you still have questions just let me know.
Cheers,
Le
p.s. we will be at 38 I believe if everyone hear orders

Thank you so much LTfit for doing this. Spread the word people. It would be great to have these buffs for people walking in the summer and the fall. I've already ordered two! Thanks so much LTfit for getting this out there.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Buen día!
I received 7 payments (=7 Buff orders) yesterday. That's great but in order to reconcile my files I need to know your true identity;). Just send me a pm with your real name so I can match up the orders.
Thanks! We're getting there!
Once again - should you have friends who are not forum members (is that possible?!?!) they can still enter the forum to order.
Un abrazo,
LT

Hi LTfit,

I have no idea how to pm you ... I would like to order 2 of these "Buffs" please, my email: bwedmonds@msn.com. Thank you.

Hola Mr BWE to send Ltfit a PM what you do is click her avatar picture and a small window opens with information you will see there Start conversation click another window appears fill in To LTfit Subject Buffs
and then in the final space your conversation.
[If by chance there is no final box (only sometimes it doesn't appear) you can refresh the page with the cicular arrow top RH corner of the address bar top of the screen then it appears.]

Hope his helps you Mr BWE ;)

My Buff is great! :) Can someone tell me where the image is from? I know the graffiti is on the Francés but since I didn't take a photo of it, I don't recall the village or town it came from. Thanks!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
My Buff is great! :) Can someone tell me where the image is from? I know the graffiti is on the Francés but since I didn't take a photo of it, I don't recall the village or town it came from. Thanks!

The graffiti is on the wall just outside of Leon.

Pls help. I would love to order the Buff but the link to order takes me to
Webcams on the camino ??

¡Gracias, pilgrim b!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
BRUEGEL - on page 3 about 3/4 down the page, LTfit posts how to order. If you can't find it, 5-6 posts above describe how to get in touch with LTfit. Hope this helps.

Pls help. I would love to order the Buff but the link to order takes me to
Webcams on the camino ??
Ok Breugel can I help you to order, this is the forum resources http://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/resources/camino-buff.80/
If you would like more than one, you need to enter each order separately. As soon as Ltfitt has received payment for at least 50, she will place an order. We are now at 40.
So folks place your order and she will keep you all informed when we reach 50.

Pilgrim b could you please enter the proper link to order because the link you provide links to webcams on the camino. So the link does not work. Help.

Breugel, the link from Pilgrim b works fine for me.

Pilgrim b could you please enter the proper link to order because the link you provide links to webcams on the camino. So the link does not work. Help.

Hi Breugel I can see you are having a problem getting the the link to work (the link is fine it has been used many times and recently) If i can help you I will, try using it again if it goes to a web cam refresh your page RH top corner of the address bar circular arrow do it several times does it always come back as a web cam? if so who's Web cam. Try copy and paste the Link which is a correct one straight into Google /or whatever you use see if it works on there.You should have about four opportunities on the search engine list to produce the Buff link page!!
If not give me a pm tomorrow,it's very late now in UK. Best of luck I hope you succeed.

Last edited:
Hi Breugel I can see you are having a problem getting the the link to work (the link is fine it has been used many times and recently) If i can help you I will, try using it again if it goes to a web cam refresh your page RH top corner of the address bar circular arrow do it several times does it always come back as a web cam? if so who's Web cam. Try copy and paste the Link which is a correct one straight into Google /or whatever you use see if it works on there.You should have about four opportunities on the search engine list to produce the Buff link page!!
If not give me a pm tomorrow,it's very late now in UK. Best of luck I hope you succeed.
I think it has to do with the app. I am not on the computer but on the app on my iPhone app. I will try on my mac tomorrow. If it does not work there I will let you know.
But I will make it to order that buff !!!! Lol.

Hi Buff lovers,
An update on the order. I now have 50+ orders and so will be ordering shortly. I will wait a few days - possibly till the end of the week to see if there are more to come in. I have had at least 6 come in via a FB page called Camino Market.
So guys...if hestitating make that order. Many have been waiting since January so I would like to order asap. I imagine that it will be quite a while before a third order can be made.
@Breugel : please let me know if you still run into problems and @pilgrim b many, many thanks for your stepping in and helping people out when I am off to work and not on-line.
Cheers,
LT

:) My pleasure Lee.

Hi Buff lovers,
An update on the order. I now have 50+ orders and so will be ordering shortly. I will wait a few days - possibly till the end of the week to see if there are more to come in. I have had at least 6 come in via a FB page called Camino Market.
So guys...if hestitating make that order. Many have been waiting since January so I would like to order asap. I imagine that it will be quite a while before a third order can be made.
@Breugel : please let me know if you still run into problems and @pilgrim b many, many thanks for your stepping in and helping people out when I am off to work and not on-line.
Cheers,
LT

One new order coming up !!

I am also interested in ordering one - is it too late? We are walking the Le Puy Chemin this fall and I would love to have it in time for that!

Linda

I am also interested in ordering one - is it too late? We are walking the Le Puy Chemin this fall and I would love to have it in time for that!

Linda
You need to get ordering today Linda the order will be going out the end of this week! IF you would like to order there is no need to e-mail LTfit to place an order. You can go ahead and order by placing your order here:http://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/resources/camino-buff.80/
If you would like more than one, you need to enter each order separately. As soon as LTfit has received payment for at least 50, she will place an order. We are now at 50+. So as quick as you can. :)

Last edited:
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Thanks - just ordered it!

Linda

As pilgrim b has mentioned I have enough to order. I am holding out a bit to see if more come in because it will be quite some time before a 3rd order will be placed.

I will keep you informed.

I just ordered 3. Please include me in this next order. Thank You for all that you do LTfit.

Thank you Lee yet again for taking our orders you have a great weekend too:)

Once again, big thanks to LTfit for taking this on for us, especially given your work schedule.

Are you doing another order? I would like to order 2.

Hi Brissy, Lee is busy packing the 70 orders she has just received the buffs from the company. Here is a quote of her post, made about three or four weeks ago which may help you .
"So guys...if hestitating make that order. Many have been waiting since January so I would like to order asap. I imagine that it will be quite a while before a third order can be made. "
Could I suggest that you click 'Watch Thread' top right of this thread then you can be informed when there is any further movement of orders or future orders of fifty buffs. So sorry you missed out this time!

Hi Brissy, Lee is busy packing the 70 orders she has just received the buffs from the company. Here is a quote of her post, made about three or four weeks ago which may help you .
"So guys...if hestitating make that order. Many have been waiting since January so I would like to order asap. I imagine that it will be quite a while before a third order can be made. "
Could I suggest that you click 'Watch Thread' top right of this thread then you can be informed when there is any further movement of orders or future orders of fifty buffs. So sorry you missed out this time!
Hello pilgrim b, thanks for the tip. I hope I haven't done the wrong thing. I ordered and paid for 2 buffs yesterday using paypal.

Hello pilgrim b, thanks for the tip. I hope I haven't done the wrong thing. I ordered and paid for 2 buffs yesterday using paypal.
Dont worry about it, if many more come forward you just have to wait until 50 orders, if that doesn't look like happening Lee will refund your pp. But give her at least a couple of weeks then once she has done with deliveries send her a pm to find out the present situation.

Dont worry about it, if many more come forward you just have to wait until 50 orders, if that doesn't look like happening Lee will refund your pp. But give her at least a couple of weeks then once she has done with deliveries send her a pm to find out the present situation.
Thank you pilgrim b. I know how to wait……..can't wait to be on camino again….!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Sorry @Brissy and @pilgrim b but I have not logged into the forum in several days.

Brissy - you should be in luck. After I had put in my order I requested a few extra as a "reserve". If my calculations are correct I should have two Buffs for you! If this is not the case I will inform you by pm and return your money if requested. The Buffs should be on their way to me as we are speaking.

Cheers,
LT

Sorry @Brissy and @pilgrim b but I have not logged into the forum in several days.

Brissy - you should be in luck. After I had put in my order I requested a few extra as a "reserve". If my calculations are correct I should have two Buffs for you! If this is not the case I will inform you by pm and return your money if requested. The Buffs should be on their way to me as we are speaking.

Cheers,
LT
Yay! Thank you so much. I am looking forward to receiving them.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.