• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • Hi Please note that the posts below are created automatically when a new Resource is created in the Camino Resource section. Users can only make replies to the topics below, not create new threads.

Buen Camino!
    Ivar

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Buffs Camino design

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
thanks for the web site info. The one I am looking for is specific to the Camino de Santiago. I bet the group had them made especially for them.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
You can have custom ones made. Any interest in this on the forum? I'd be interested in putting something together and taking orders.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
What design? The yellow arrow with a dark blue background? Or perhaps the yellow shell with the dark blue background? Does anyone know where I can get hi res copies of these? I'd need them to give to a friend of mine who does graphic design to make a mock-up of what we would want.

Great idea rendgade. I will be happy to have some, I would take them to the Toronto Pilgrims meetings. Can't help with the design needs, perhaps Ivar can.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Dear fellow Camino Buff buffs :wink: I was wondering if a high res photo would work for the designer????

I too would love a Buff with a blue and yellow arrow motif. I looked for one on the Camino last year, everywhere I could think of as I made my way along the Way, but alas did not find one.

One of my first thoughts upon arriving in Spain last September, and taking a bus from Madrid to Pamplona (to make my way to SJPP), was, "Wow, I chose a golden time of year to come and walk the Camino." The clear, lovely blue-that-goes-on-forever sky and the golden, yellow waving landscape are permanently etched in my mind, woven together in the happiest and most poignant possible way. Indeed, Camino blue and yellow is now one of my favourite colour schemes!

Besides, if I was wearing a Camino-blue Buff with yellow Camino arrows all over it, how could I ever get lost? (unless I wanted to :))

Rachel

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
blue and yellow is good, I too am working on a design here in canada for a blue and yellow camino buff. stay tuned, I should hear something tomorrow about a design for a buff

What a great idea, I'm interested :)
Following the progress of this!

what fun, friends around the world :lol:

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Sweet Beverley! I'll let you run with the idea then....sounds like you are a little further in the process. Keep us posted.

Count me in for a Buff ... will it be shells or arrows ? Can't wait to see the design! I need it NOW .... in the minus 30'sC( with the wind chill factor )for the last two days here in New Brunswick.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Great, count me in for several. :D

Seriously, would be a very good business idea though, I bet they'd sell well...

Hi all, I received some info from a manufacturer. Bottom line is that they could be ready in a month if I get my act together. :roll:

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Count me in.

Here in Québec we have an organization called «Du Québec à Compostelle» (Bonjour Canuck!) with hundreds of active members. You could contact them to see if they would be interested in partering with you. I know I'll talk about it with them when we go to our weekly walk as soon as you can give us more details

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I need more info from the manufacturer, it depends on how many are ordered, stay tuned.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Up date on buff,

The company told me that I can have them in a month. They are made in SPAIN! I am going to order 150 because that will keep the price down and I know they will be loved! I can't tell what the price will be yet due to shipping costs but I am sure they will be below 25.00 (Canadian) which might be more than the stores sell them for but they are customized to warm our necks and hearts.

Today I will be working on getting the graphics to the designers in Vancouver and they will forward to spain.

Thanks for your support all, spread the word :lol:

O,K, I m on it. I just have to sort out a few things and we could have camino buffs in late Feb

€60,-
You can count on me for at least two. Thanks so much!

I would love one, too. I am starting in Sevilla on April 25, so the timing is perfect.

Sue

After finding out what a buff was , I realised that these things are on sale in (UK) outdoor shops for 20 pounds, but only cost 3 pounds in Primark, for any Uk readers.

I know this doesnt help with the camino versions which people want, but Uk folks might be interested. :D :arrow:

After finding out what a buff was
- yes so did I and on looking at the links I find it really interesting that there are no photos of a buff being used in conjunction with a hat. I will stick to my sun protection hat and a silk scarf for now and when I become a winter pilgrim I will opt for a beanie and scarf I think. Good luck with you venture, Janet

Hey Beverly, the folks in my hammock forum do group buys on buffs. I'm trying to get that information for you. I'm sure they are made up here in the USA... and may be less expensive, if you can hang on for a day or two until someone responds to me.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Well done Beverley and Annie,

Count me in for at least 2 please. I hope they are a generous size and have a lot of stretch, as the "Matt" tube I bought in Australia is just not really big enough, too tight on my big head when used as a cap, tho still mighty useful on last camino. The best multi tasker.

The "Buff" look bigger. Here's hoping!!! :D

2 for me as well, Bev. I wonder if there is an easier way for you to keep track of these orders, so Ivar, is there some kind of form that you can add to collect this info? Or perhaps Bev at your end you can develop such a form and let us all enter our info... it just seems kind of random to my (slightly OCD) and hyper-organized personality! Oh, and thanks for doing this - it will be such fun to sport these buffs and even recognize one another with them!

lynne

You should be able to create an order form with payment options via either PayPal or GoogleDocs. I can help with this if you need it.

Also, I used my buff, along with a snow cap, to keep me warm and toasty on the Camino when it was snowing last May! I wish I had pictures....actually, I might, I will have to go look and see if I can find one.

I'd love a few- for myself and as gifts for my camino brethren!! Keep the updates comin'!

CaroleH said:
Well done Beverley and Annie,

Count me in for at least 2 please. I hope they are a generous size and have a lot of stretch, as the "Matt" tube I bought in Australia is just not really big enough, too tight on my big head when used as a cap, tho still mighty useful on last camino. The best multi tasker.

The "Buff" look bigger. Here's hoping!!! :D

I have a big head and can't tolerate anything to tight around my neck but the Buffs are big enough to wear comfortably.

jl said:
After finding out what a buff was
- yes so did I and on looking at the links I find it really interesting that there are no photos of a buff being used in conjunction with a hat. I will stick to my sun protection hat and a silk scarf for now and when I become a winter pilgrim I will opt for a beanie and scarf I think. Good luck with you venture, Janet

Hi Janet,

There may not have been any photos of Buff + hat in combination on the website(s) you looked at, but with rare exception, I wore my Buff every day I walked last September and October... under my hat :). You're welcome to take a look at some video I've posted of my Camino (link below), in which you'll see several photos of me sporting my dear pink Buff (which more or less saved my Camino, on the hottest days as well as the coldest, and will surely travel to Spain with me next time I walk). I'm not affiliated with the company, I just love their product - and, your hat and silk scarf combo sounds like it would be lovely and comfortable too!

Kind regards,

Rachel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xTDBRbpLQc

After lots of experimenting with different type of hats, I found the perfect solution to be a buff in combination with a sunvisor with twirly expanding lace type thing around the back, like the spiral type shoelaces you can get. My head stayed dry even in extreme heat, no brim hitting my pack at the back of my head, it did not fly off in the wind and I did not even notice I had it on, unlike the straps around your jaw to hold a hat in place, it was so comfortable. The visor, made in Christchurch New Zealand flattens and weights next to nothing so is easy to store, the buff serves as ear protection in the wind/wet it and it keeps you cool and can be worn with or without the visor. I was glad to be able to leave a hat behind.
Cheers, Gitti

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Gitti,

You wouldn't have a photo of your set up by any chance?

Thanks,
Jean-Marc

Good oh Rachel - will take a look. I am just very conscious of sun damage - we have sweltered through 2 successive days over 42 degrees (and more to come apparently!). For me, sun protection is a priority. Cheers, Janet

Are these the type of visors you are talking about?
If so, you can get them for under $2 at Joanns and I imagine Michaels Crafts in the USA.
Not sure about other parts of the world, but I suggest looking at arts/crafts stores.
Here is a link with some photos:
http://www.joann.com/joann/search/searc ... tid=703921

Using a visor in combo with a buff is an EXCELLENT idea, by the way!
These weigh (literally) almost nothing and pack flat as a pancake!

€60,-
Wow, lots of interest in this little buff idea. Who'd a known.

I just want to let you all know that I sent in the design images to be converted into Vector Files. Hopefully I will get them back tonight as I am now anxious to get going.
Ther is some discussion about visor buffs. These are available as a customized buff but of course cost more. Re buff weight, I will be ordering the summer weight for a number of reasons, first it will keep the cost down and second, summer is coming (here in the northern hemisphere Minus 27 c this morning here in Cavan.) Re buf size, a few folk have talked about buffs being to tight, unfortunately, I think I can only place an order for the standard size BUT I do believe that they are avialable in a larger size too. I will check when I order if a larger one is available.

I have no idea how this will work re shipping. Canada haas a small business shipping rate so be sure I will uses it to keep costs down. Since we have a month or so before they even get here, I will set up something with pay pal. One dear pilgrim has offered his assistance with that.

Well this certainly is keeping me active and out of the freezing cold, although the dogs are wanting a walk as I type. So, I am off now, dear pilgrims.
I posted a title We were there on the weekend. It says to all of you what I feel about the Forum.
Peace and blessings to you all.
Bev

My husband got one of these head-neck-protector-hats for Christmas - the fabric is extremely lightweight, and I'm sure he'll find it very useful on the Extremadura in May. I think they're a brilliant idea! :D

lynne

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I ended up going for the big hat and towel combination you can see in the picture here:

http://pilgrimpace.wordpress.com/2010/0 ... od-friday/

Jose-Carlos in the picture is from Brazil, so it's not just pale skinned northern Europeans like me keeping sun off at all costs

Andy

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Arm warmers are so cool. I have only seen here here for cyclists. I definately will get a pair for my Sept/Oct trip to the El Norte.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Here is me on the left with a buff in combo with a sunvisor, the kind with the elastici twirly spiral adjustable string around the back, made in christchurch new zealand. Gitti
Oh, i tried to add the pic, but it won't let me. Take a look on http://www.picasaweb.google.com/johnharre go into the Stevenson Trail album and you will find me on a pic in a group of 3 people.

You can see the type of visor I got on http://www.visor.co.nz
It is a Jamka design with the curly tie around the back and the most comfortable head gear I have ever worn with the buff under it. It stays on really well in the wind. Cheers, Gitti

Hi Gitti,
I just had a look at your photo and I like the look of you peak + buff combination. At home I often do this with a fly net instead of buff, then when needed the fly net is there ready to protect from the pests.

However I was impressed with your 2- bottle carrier.
Where do you get those from?

Thanks,
Frances

For the arm warmers/protectors....any bike shop should have 'em, and also check running stores. They're more frequently carrying the SPF/UV protection ones...at least in my experiences. Or check any of the online cycling suppliers. Shelia Moon out of San Francisco makes the ones I use...the single girliest thing I own! They'e wildly flowery and pink and blue and really a riot...esp for someone who doesn't ever get accused of being a girly girl! However...you can be sure the men in my live will NOT ever borrow them accidentally or otherwise! :wink:

In Australia the place to get such things as hand and arm protectors is the Cancer shops. They have a very good range of such things. Indeed I intend to purchase the hand (back of) protectors for my next Camino. I wear a long sleeved shirt (with a collar) and so only need the protection on the back of my hands. I presume that the anti cancer society runs a store in each state - if not, try on line with the Adelaide one. Cheers, Janet

PS I saw Buffs with a sun visor attached in an Anaconda store yesterday.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The armwarmer is a wonderful Idea. I looked into the on-line store the Shilea Moon runs, thanks ksam for the info. I will get a pair for my next Camino for sure.

Also, Buffs do come in visor style but at this point I have not ordered any. I thought I would start with cheap and cheerful. Sent the image and design stuff to the manufacturer today, sample designs will be back in 2 weeks and then buffs will be ready by mid March... This has been quite a journey (camino) never done anything like this before, learning is always fun :?

Hi Frances, the pack you ask about is the Aarn Liquid Agility with the smalles size front pockets, which have outer mesh pockets, which hold a 500 ml water bottle each in the mesh, bigger bottle if you put it inside the pocket.www.aarnpacks.com is their website. The pack is designed to wear like a vest, so the weight wraps around you and you stay in a perfect upright balance. It is amazing and the front pockets are very comfortable. The pack is 26 litres plus 6 plus 1 litres capacity in the front pockets and I fitted everything into it including picnic lunch. I am pretty sold on the Aarn after experimenting with Vaude and Deuter. Cheers, Gitti

Thanks Gitti . . . . always interested to hear about the Aarn packs.

Very well done Beverley . . .. credits to you for running with this and getting the job done. What a star!

Thanks Carole, in addition to "Buffing" I am learning about other great equipment! :p

Hi Gitti
No one in Perth stocks the Aarn packs but I was in Melbourne on the weekend and my husband discovered, and promptly dragged me into, the Backpack light shop where I had the opportunity to try and buy the Aarn packs. I chose the small Natural Exhiliration ( 30 L) with smallest balance pockets (6 +1L).
I'm so excited. It seems exactly right for the trip.
Thanks for the info.
Frances

Yes I have been to backpacking light and that is where I tried on my first Aarn pack and thought it was amazing. Glad you think so too. All the best Gitti

€46,-
Hey guys,

Imagine my excitement.. I have been looking at Buff all over the show but haven't yet found the right design. Now I see a Camino design is being created!
Count me in!
I am also looking at an Aarn pack- the Peak Aspiration- haven't yet taken the plunge, I'm keeping my options open but from what I've heard it's a great brand.

Can't wait to get walking in April

Update, I received a design prototype from the manufacturer. The buff is colorful and full of "signs". I think I will have them in hand by early April. Once they are shipped to me I will know what they will cost per piece.

Stay tuned. :)

€46,-
Hello again, I got word yesterday that the Camino Buffs have left the building and they are on the way to me here in Canada. I will follow up with all of you who expressed an interest in the next week or twoto get your address etc.

Cheers

AWESOME!!! I am so excited!!!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The Buffs Arrived Yesterday

So hello all, this has been a lot of fun getting these things made. They arrived yesterday. So if you want to take a look at them the photo is attached, I hope.
My cost is $12.00 Canadian with a few bucks for postage. Check out currency converters on the web to know how much to send in your currency.
I won't know the postage cost until I get to the Post office but I know it should be relatively cheap.
please use my home e-mail so we don't drive Ivar and the monitors crazy with this

cosmocavan@gmail.com

to let me know your order, Name and address.

Bev

Attachments

• P1040987.JPG
    P1040987.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 6,267
Is there a place to see the design?
I can't really see it in this photo?
For some reason, it doesn't look like what I expected but it could be the photo.

Yes, I took the photo and cropped for the buff. Everyone knows that wall!

I got my buff today and

I LOVE IT!!!!!

I'm so happy! I tried it on as many ways as I could..
It is going to be VERY useful on my next Camino!

Thank you so much for doing this!

I ordered two and cannot wait to get them....patiently waiting..... :)

€60,-
Got mine this morning... I love it. I wonder if I'll see someone else with it on my May-June camino.

I am so happy you gusys like them. Keep Smile :lol: ing

Hi all, I have my tail between my legs with this message. I feel awful that I have to post this.

I have to tell you about a problem I had with the buff shipment.

Here is what happened. The shipper put the distributor's invoice into my carton. The distributor (Buy A Buff) sent me my invoice in the mail and I received it yesterday afternoon. When I ordered them I knew the price was going to be about $20.00 but because I was so happy to see a reduced price (middleman price) on the invoice I jumped all over it and announced the new price to the world. (I worked in government all my working life because I knew I would never make it in business - this is a perfect example of why I stayed a Civil Servant!)

So my invoice price is $20.00 per buff and that is what I am asking. Please those of you who got in your order early and paid the $12.00 I do not want you to pay the difference.

Once Again, I am really sorry about this.Here in Canada the summer weight buffs go for $20.00 in the stores so we are good.

:oops: one embarrassed Pilgrim

€60,-
Got mine today in the mail!!! Love them so much!!! I can't wait to wear mine while I am a hospitalera this fall.....so excited!

€60,-
So glad you received your Renegade! Soem folks are worried that they have not received theirs yet and I have to say generally mail is slow to the US due to the customs stop!. So good, things are moving.

I am leaving for the Toronto Camino group meeting in a few minutes with a bunch of buffs but leaving some here in case more forum-ers want one. I am also taking my book Planning Your Camino (written with the new Pilgrim in mind.) I can be reached through the PM if anyone wants to ask about either the book or buff. :)

There I go again, shameless self promoter :wink:

The US mail is running extremely slow right now.
It's taking up to 2 weeks for my mail to be forwarded from Oregon to California.
Staffing cuts??? :roll:

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Nice photo, thanks for sharing!

My very hip looking Camino Buff has arrived in sunny Halifax....it took Canada Post less than a week...at first I thought I would have liked it to be more traditional ie read ...boring...but I really love the graffiti style and the colours are wonderful!!

Bev...thanks so much for being such a leader...

Marilyn

Thanks Beverley, I got mine today - the Canadian mail service is real fast - only 5- 6 days all the way to Sweden! And I will be walking again April 8 this time from Burgos.

Anne and M, thanks for letting me know. Spread the word, I still have about 70 here. When you go to the Camino give people my email address and they can order too.

cosmocavan@gmail.com

Thanks, I would love it if I didn't have any left at the end of the summer.

Bev

Mine arrived today..... it's great, great, great ....... so exciting and such quick service to Australia. Main plus for me.... it's bigger than my previous "Matt" tube and is more comfortable on my big head. Well done Bev. You're a star!

Will ask around here plus wear it with pride on Camino and maybe order a few more, then contact you when we return in July Bev, to see if you have any left.

Buff for me is no longer an optional extra, but a multi functioning essential. Really recommend it everyone. Thanks again Bev. :D :D :D
Cheers. Carole

I'm gonna sound like Renegade here...I'm waiting...patiently...checking the mail every morning!!!! I'm so excited I could plotz!!! (Sorry just spent the afternoon in a Jewish retirement home...Yiddish leaking out!!)

Karin :mrgreen:

I WANT MY BUFF!!! :shock:

Just when you stop looking for it , it will arrive...

I was lurking around the edges of the Toronto Camino meeting along with about 200 other peregrinos and saw the Buffs snapped up like hotcakes. I finally had a look at one and recalled the wallside grafitto which they've put on the design.

I got my buff Bev! I love it. And very quickly received - about 4 business days within Canada. I will wear it proudly the next time I am on the Camino. Though, in all honestly, I don't know when that will be. My Mom has dementia and has moved in with me. I will have her with me as long as she is not a danger to herself. She is a very gentle soul and it's my time to look after her. The Camino will still be there when my situation changes and I can go. I dream about it every day and long to be on "The Way" again.

Thanks again Bev. Great job you did!

Sheesh

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Sheesh, way to go. That is record time for sure. Your mother is a lucky woman to have you take care of her. And I bet you were a lucky woman to have her as your Mother. Having lost mine when I was 9 I still miss her but I talk to her everyday and I know she hears me.

Love and light
Bev

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.