• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Burgos accommodations

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Not stayed there yet but on my shortlist for Burgos in May!
Hostal Lar 40 euros single room with private bathroom hostel gets a fabulous rating and 8.9 on Booking.com check it out right on the Camino
not bad price for a city stay.
A lot say comfortable beds
Woody

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I stayed 2 nights here last spring when I had a cold. Very comfy bed, big bathroom and breakfast buffet. They had me in a room that could have been for 3-4.
Close to the cathedral. They have a nice restaurant on the ground floor that was open all day and evening. Perfect for pilgrims!

I’m not sure if this is still being offered, but when I walked back in May, 2012 I stayed for two nights in a private room with en-suite bathroom at the University of Burgos (student housing). The room was spotless and the cafeteria downstairs served meals which were quite good. Cost was minimal. The location is right on the Camino route.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I loved the view from my room of the cathedral, having a bathtub and be sure your room includes their breakfast buffet!

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
I booked through booking.com
I would try closer to your dates.
I tried going on their website and it’s not possible to book, I tried multiple dates.

I was looking at reserving a room at Hotel Norte y Londres just earlier today for our April trip. No problem at all finding availability on Booking.com as @Wanderingfriend suggested. Photos of rooms look very nice, great location, and room rates seemed very reasonable for a central city hotel.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I’m not sure if this is still being offered, but when I walked back in May, 2012 I stayed for two nights in a private room with en-suite bathroom at the University of Burgos (student housing). The room was spotless and the cafeteria downstairs served meals which were quite good. Cost was minimal. The location is right on the Camino route.
I stayed in similar accommodations in León one year. Unfortunately, since it's student housing it was only available during summer months.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I have stayed at Norte y Londres not far from the cathedral. I think next time I might try to stay at NH Collection Palacio de Burgos.
I can tell you that if you end up with a rotten case of food poisoning, the bathroom floor in a NH Palacio rooms is not a bad place to curl up with the sweats to question your life choices. For that, they get my recommendation for comfort and location.

In Burgos, I always stay at the Hotel Boutique Museo next to the Museum of Human Evolution.
A leisurely stroll along the river to the cathedral. If you like clean, contemporary and individual places, it's the place for you.

I splurged in Burgos and stayed in a room with a view of the cathedral. It was right on the path of the Camino. Perfect.
I stayed at Meson del Cid, too, with my son on our 2016 Camino. I asked for a room with a view of the cathedral, and the view was stunning! Would recommend. May or may not be considered "moderately priced" depending on your budget.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
A funny story relating to a Hotel in Burgos.

Like something straight out of Fawlty Towers!
(comedy series with John Cleese)

We had booked the Crisol Mesón del Cid right next to the cathedral.
One of the reasons being, that they had aircon, and we'd had a few uncomfortable hot nights.

The place looked great.
We checked in, went up the room.
The room was great too, with a view of the cathedral.

I went to turn on the aircon, and couldn't get it to work.......

So I went down to reception to ask for help, thinking maybe I was using the wrong switch or something.

The conversation went something like this.......... (not sure of exact dates)

Me. I can't get the AC turned on.
Reception Guy: The system isn't turned on yet.
Me: But the reason we booked here, is that you have AC.
Reception Guy: Yes, We do have AC!
Me: But it's not turned on!
Reception Guy. No. We turn it on from the end of May. in 3 weeks time. Right now we have the heating on.

There were a few more exchanges, before he agreed to a refund and we went elsewhere. :rolleyes:

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Can any one suggest a moderately priced place to stay in Burgos with private single rooms? Thank you

If you use booking.com you can filter the searches by price range.
All the places have feedback scores and reviews, which we have found to be 'generally' a fair guide.

You can always book direct of course, if you prefer, but booking.com is a good research tool.

Most read last week in this forum

Last year on my camino I was a bit annoyed when someone back home told me to enjoy my vacation. I bristled. Why did that word annoy me so much? I was on a pilgrimage! Anyway, I'm about to embark...
I'm looking for the best app to use whilst walking on the Camino. Usually I just rely on my Apple watch but I'm leaving that at home, so need an app use that I can pause at rest stops etc...
Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
The logical thing for me to do is bring a Kindle, but TBH I like books, and for me leaving electronic gubbins behind while I do the Camino, appeals. I am thinking of taking one book on The...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back