• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Burgos albergue in park

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
CF: 2001, 02, 04, 14. Ourense to Santiago 2019.
Hello,

Does anyone have pictures from albergue located in the park in Burgos?

Albergue was a log cabin like structure.

I stayed there in 2002.

In 2014, when I walked through park heading out of Burgos I saw no sign of the building.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hello,

I stayed there in 2002.

In 2014, when I walked through park heading out of Burgos I saw no sign of the building.
I stayed there also in 2008. If you use Google maps and zoom into the park you can still "see" the block of the cabin. Check out what is in this 2008 hot link.

PS. If you scan all Google pics of El Parral you will see an unidentified shot of the cabin hidden by a large sign.

Last edited:
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I stayed there in 2001 and 2003. The second time we had drama with a clearly unwell person threatening the pilgrims, and the police arriving. The next time I walked I stayed in the Hotel Norte Y Londres. Luxury.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Ah yes, the strangest albergue in the most dodgy of parks.

The building is still there, but thankfully the albergue is more central. These days the park is, seemingly, much nicer than it was back when the albergue was still operating. But then again I’ve only been there during the daytime.

I don't but I found one on the internet. On the webpage with the picture the author said:
In the short term (months) this hostel will stop providing its services to pilgrims, it will be replaced by a new one located in the center of Burgos, very close to the cathedral. We will miss your wonderful surroundings.
That was on webpage https://caminodesantiago.consumer.es/fotografias/img_albergue-del-parral-burgos.html

I should be able to find more pictures if someone can give me the coordinates of the place or a Google Maps screenshot of the place in the park good enough for me to get the coordinates.

I just checked and sadly don’t have a photo of this albergue.

In 2000 on my first Camino I stayed there for 3 nights when I was suffering with tendonitis. When I arrived, they walked me across to the military hospital where I was seen several times for free because of my pilgrim status. The odd part of staying several days at the albergue was having to pack Up each morning like the rest of the pilgrims, then sit on a bench out front waving goodbye to the rest of the pilgrims. Once they finished cleaning, I was allowed to check in again.

I remember that because the location was so far from town they would bring the tourist “train” out to the park and give pilgrims a free tour of the city.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hello,

I stayed there in 2002.

I think I only have one and it's of the beds, not the outside.

I don't but I found one on the internet. On the webpage with the picture the author said:

That was on webpage https://caminodesantiago.consumer.es/fotografias/img_albergue-del-parral-burgos.html

I should be able to find more pictures if someone can give me the coordinates of the place or a Google Maps screenshot of the place in the park good enough for me to get the coordinates.
Thank you!
I was always sorry I didn't get a photo except Joe on his bed.

In my blog I wrote:
"The second night, we walked to the municipal
which was in a park, Albergue El Parral.
It had 96 places and 15 tables outside.
There was no kitchen
and it was really not a very good experience.
The beds were crammed close together
and it was very noisy.
(This albergue no longer exists in 2019)"

Attachments

• IMG_1128 Joe in Burgos  El Parral.jpeg
    IMG_1128 Joe in Burgos El Parral.jpeg
    207.9 KB · Views: 6
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thanks Rick and Annie.

My first time March 2002, a middle-aged very drunk male pilgrim stumbled in asking for my warmth in his bunk.

He was out almost faster than request made.

In the morning he apologized profusely.

Next time was September 2002. Ate lunch with German guy and Spanish women at cafeteria in school building or something within park. Also, walked back to visit Cathedral. And, just enjoy Burgos.

In August 2001 you just walked into Cathedral.

September 2002, bag check-in, askance looks, et cetera.

By 2014 Cathedral admission a little more relaxed but not quite to pre 9/11 times.

Attachments

• D3BACA26-29FC-4400-ABD7-2B9F153C62EE.png
    D3BACA26-29FC-4400-ABD7-2B9F153C62EE.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 4

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.