Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.

LIVE from the Camino Burgos and go

Geert VE

GEERT
Past OR future Camino
Antwerpen-Fisterra 2015 (via brabantica, voie de Vézélay, camino frances)
Hello pelgrims ! Because summer is sh.. in Belgium I just decided to start in Burgos on Monday , finally back on the camino ! Are there a lot of Pilgrims ? Are all albergues open ? Can we use the kitchens ?

Ginger Chris

Past OR future Camino
Hello.
I’ve been on the Camino since 5th August from SJPdP. Fair few pilgrims here. I’m now in Sahaguin. Nearly all albergues are open, there has been the odd few closed. Bunk beds are only being occupied by one bunk not both bunks which is nice. The kitchens are closed. I always set out early and so far have not had any problems finding a place to sleep. Hope that helps.
Chris

Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
When you walk the Camino, and suddenly a pandemic appears

mspath

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
Hello.
I’ve been on the Camino since 5th August from SJPdP. Fair few pilgrims here. I’m now in Sahaguin. Nearly all albergues are open, there has been the odd few closed. Bunk beds are only being occupied by one bunk not both bunks which is nice. The kitchens are closed. I always set out early and so far have not had any problems finding a place to sleep. Hope that helps.
Chris
Ginger Chris,
Thanks for your update; the info will be very useful for others setting off in the near future. How far might you go tomorrow? If Leon smile as you cross this crazy bridge.

Carpe diem.

Last edited:

Ginger Chris

Past OR future Camino
Ginger Chris,
Thanks for your update; the info will be very useful for others setting off in the near future. How far might you go tomorrow? If Leon smile as you cross this crazy bridge.

Carpe diem.
Mspath
I’m hoping to walk to Mansilla de la Mulas. Unfortunately Leon is too far for me in the heat (I think approx 55k). 36k tomorrow is my limit. There is definitely a drop in the number of Pilgrims on the Meseta. I’m hoping to see more again after Leon. Thank you for your advice regarding the bridge.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads