• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Burgos Baby!

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances SJPP to SdC Oct/Nov 2015
Frances Burgos toSdC March/April 2016
W. Highland Way August 2016
Camino Somewhere September 2017
We arrived to Burgos via Renfe train last night at 9;40 PM, giddy with exhaustion and excitement. First meal: salad, roasted chicken, glass of wine... Very chilly night, but clear starry skies.

Great story with train conductor who pulled the emergency stop when his pilgrims got so busy talking they weren't disembarking!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Buen Camino Deb!

May you go out in peace and may you come back in joy.
On the road in between, may you find what fills your heart, feeds your mind and inspires your imagination.

Sending many buen camino wishes to you, you have just entered the "real camino addict" phase of life. Have a wonderful walk, Deb. Laurie

Returning home is the most difficult part of long-distance hiking; You have grown outside the puzzle and your piece no longer fits (Cindy Ross)

I'll be following your every step, at least on line! I'll be in Burgos in 20 days. Buen Camino!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Buen Camino! Next Saturday,starting on Ponferrada. I feel like my feet are burning in impatience!

I'm with you on that feeling. Arriving Santiago on Sunday, 20 March, and I'm so excited. Buen Camino :) Caesar

We arrived to Burgos via Renfe train last night at 9;40 PM, giddy with exhaustion and excitement. First meal: salad, roasted chicken, glass of wine... Very chilly night, but clear starry skies.

Great story with train conductor who pulled the emergency stop when his pilgrims got so busy talking they weren't disembarking!
Deb, am with you too. I arrive on Sunday, 20 March, in Santiago, and I just can't wait. Be blessed!! Buen Camino, my Camino Sister :), Caesar

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Wish you well for the day's to come, Buen Camino, Peter.

What are you wearing on your feet this time? what did you leave behind that you thought you needed the first time? I will be leaving in 7 1/2 weeks. Whoooo, I just had an adrenaline rush, all the way to my fingertips and toenails. I'm not sure if it's fear or excitement!! Buen Camino!!!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Love, love Burgos. Enjoy!!

What are you wearing on your feet this time? what did you leave behind that you thought you needed the first time? I will be leaving in 7 1/2 weeks. Whoooo, I just had an adrenaline rush, all the way to my fingertips and toenails. I'm not sure if it's fear or excitement!! Buen Camino!!!
I left behind some heavy hiking sandals, but I was so happy with my gear and pack last time that I just brought all the same stuff, including the same boots. In fact, the only thing I really added this time was a huge ground cloth that I can lay down on the grass outside and take a nap on, End it will double as a blanket in really chilly out there cas end it will double as a blanket in really chilly Albergues! I used it today for the first time and was very happy that I brought it. Something I left behind that I didn't bring this time was 7 kg of body weight. I'm having an easier time!

I left behind some heavy hiking sandals, but I was so happy with my gear and pack last time that I just brought all the same stuff, including the same boots. In fact, the only thing I really added this time was a huge ground cloth that I can lay down on the grass outside and take a nap on, End it will double as a blanket in really chilly out there cas end it will double as a blanket in really chilly Albergues! I used it today for the first time and was very happy that I brought it. Something I left behind that I didn't bring this time was 7 kg of body weight. I'm having an easier time!
Wow! With that much weight loss, I'm surprised you didn't have to go out and buy new pants!:) I just bought a very light weight table cloth from REI. It's big but very light weight and waterproof. I will use it to cover my mattress to prevent bedbugs, and outside to rest on. Buen Camino!!!!

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Buen Camino Deb! May every moment of every day bring you everything that is wonderful.
Take joy in every step -
Jenny
PS - when you go through Castrojeriz, take some time to go into the Hospital of the Soul which is located in the main street. It's a beautiful building - a gallery and a home - with a tranquil garden out the back. Did you visit it last time? If you didn't, I can thoroughly recommend it.

Last edited:

That's fantastic CaminoDebrita. I wish I was already on my return trip but am keeping my eye on September and can hardly wait. Buen camino!!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Hi deb
Buen Camino
I can't wait for 2 May 2016 starting my first Camino and already packed, this forum has been amazing thank you to all those that gave such wonderful wisdom and advice.

Buen Camino Deb.Counting the days until April 24th when we rejoin the Camino hoping to get to Burgos this year.
Go eiri an bother leat

Deb -
you didn't stay home long! Been Camino :))))
Kerstin

It has only been 5 months since we've completed the CF, and I am back on this forum reading about all the perigrinos going this year. Egads! It is so great to "see" everyone setting off. I do so enjoy hearing about all the plans and the excitement of anticipation. Buen Camino!

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.