• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Burgos: best store EVER!!!

Vacajoe

Traded in my work boots for hiking ones
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances, Portuguese, Aragon, Norte, SJWayUK, Nive
Need something for the Camino? In Burgos there is a variety store that carries EVERYTHING you may have forgotten! It’s not a sports store and you won’t find the big things there, but it has bags, safety pins, sewing kits, 12 types of duct tape, chargers, eating utensils, etc. For the really adventurous, you can buy your own paella pan!

Truly an oasis of all the little things you may need (plus two floors of stuff you don’t!). One block from the library on the east side of town.

04E862E5-9543-4CD6-A1F8-98DF34AA9BD0.jpeg25512421-A05E-4200-B39C-68D4AF71E882.jpeg

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
This one may be a bit larger than normal, but these "China" stores abound in Spain now. They do have a bit of everything, all from China. A lot of it is of marginal quality, but most of my purchases were abandoned in Santiago anyway, so it did not matter. Smartphone accessories are much cheaper than in phone stores, and probably made in the same factory as the brand names, so it is a good place to replace a charging cord or outlet adapter.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
They are a “must” stop whenever we come across them. Cee has a hyper bazaar that’s the size of a Target store inside and has a tiny storefront. Astorga has a great one too. And you have no idea what you really need—-

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Kind of reminded me of going to the "general store" as a kid. Of course they did not have cell phone chargers back then, but you could get everything you needed at the time.

Idea for a Camino reality show: you start out in one of these stores with only a towel and €150. With some ingenuity you could equip yourself completely for that.
A towel is exactly what we bought from that very store when my daughter left hers behind a few days before Burgos!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Nearly every large Spanish town and city has at least one of these. Santiago has at least six that I am aware of. They mostly carry the identical stuff. However, the larger a store is, the broader a selection they usually offer.

IMHO, they are good for simple, easy to discard items that any pilgrim might need. However, I hesitate to buy something there that I will have to rely on, either for a long time, or in extremis.

Last edited:
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Back