• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Burgos - May 1st weekend 2023

Gilson

Time of past OR future Camino
April 2023
Looking at the route, I am guessing that I will be coming into Burgos on the Friday leading in to the May 1 weekend. This will be my first Camino and am not sure if Burgos would be a popular city for folks on holiday (either for just a visit or for starting a Camino).. And if it is, how far out should I plan to secure accommodations?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Your first Camino! How exciting! It is not too early now to work on your Burgos accommodations. If you go to Gronze.com or Booking.com, you’ll get a good sense of what is available. One of the nice features of Gronze is that many of accommodations are directly linked to Booking for easy reservations that can be cancelled if your plans change at all. Gronze will also be helpful if you decide to make other reservations along The Way or if you just want to see what accommodations lie ahead of you. We head to Burgos mid-April and are already set with reservations for private rooms. Buen Camino!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I have walked this time of year several times. There is typical long weekend tourism all over Spain that weekend, including a pulse of Spanish pilgrims that walk part of the trail that week. Book ahead in cities for the may long weekend. Burgos is a big town, and you will find something, but prices rise as availability drops!

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back