Search 60,048 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Burgos Museum of Human Evolution, free admission through May 22

Book your train ticket here

DeeJay

Past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2018 partial) (2019 continue)
Museum of Human Evolution, in Burgos

Hasta el 22 de mayo… ¡visita GRATIS el #MEH! Una iniciativa de la Junta de Castilla y León con motivo del Día Internacional de los Museos.

In honor of "International Day of Museums", the Burgos Museum of Human Evolution is offering free admission. Don't miss this excellent museum which showcases the importance of the Atapuerca site in understanding human evolution. 850,000 years old!

After May 22, ask for the "Peregrinos" discount and a camino sellos.

Create your own ad
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
Past OR future Camino
2018, 2022 (planning - Voie du Puy or Via Tolosana
This is probably my all-time favourite museum, and my list is long (including Smithsonian(s), Louvre, Quai d'Orsay and the Orangerie of old, Prado, Mexico City...). Well, maybe the Louvre is at the top, but Burgos' Museum of Human Evolution would be just after that. Ça vaut la visite !

Cindy McGuire

Past OR future Camino
Starting from St.jean Pied de Port April 24, 2016
Museum of Human Evolution, in Burgos

Hasta el 22 de mayo… ¡visita GRATIS el #MEH! Una iniciativa de la Junta de Castilla y León con motivo del Día Internacional de los Museos.

In honor of "International Day of Museums", the Burgos Museum of Human Evolution is offering free admission. Don't miss this excellent museum which showcases the importance of the Atapuerca site in understanding human evolution. 850,000 years old!

After May 22, ask for the "Peregrinos" discount and a camino sellos.
This is the best anthropological museum I have ever visited (and I worked at the Smithsonian in Washington, DC!)

Pocket guide that pack a punch
1.4 oz (40g) pocket guides with gems of wisdom to ponder during and after your Camino
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

DeeJay

Past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2018 partial) (2019 continue)
This is the best anthropological museum I have ever visited (and I worked at the Smithsonian in Washington, DC!)
Yes. I built an extra day in Burgos into my calendar so that I could spend more time at this museum. Even when it is not free admission day, it is worth spending a few hours here. There will be many grand churches to see along the camino, but not another great anthropology museum like this one.

Past OR future Camino
2018, 2022 (planning - Voie du Puy or Via Tolosana
Yes. I built an extra day in Burgos into my calendar so that I could spend more time at this museum. Even when it is not free admission day, it is worth spending a few hours here. There will be many grand churches to see along the camino, but not another great anthropology museum like this one.
And, even when it's not free, seniors get a reduced price, regardless of where you come from. AND be sure and ask for the sello - it's a good one!