• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Burgos Recommendations

Hello!
Any recommendations for Burgos for a family of four? We come in by bus from Madrid at 2pm and leave the next morning so our stay will be short. Looking for a comfortable place along the Camino. Thinking Abba Burgos Hotel :)

Best,
Mandy

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Stayed twice in Hotel Fernan Gonzalez, not far from cathedral and all the tapas bars. First time whilst on the Camino alone, for a treat (bath!) and second time with husband who had to come from home in France to collect me from near Fromista as I had tendonitis in my hip. Over the top decoration, but friendly staff, good breakfast and clean well appointed rooms. Worth the money. 15 minute walk from the bus station.

Buen Camino

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The last two years I have stayed at the Hotel Majon, Gran teatro 1, 7º C, Burgos, 09004. Tel +0034947208689 and email hostalmanjon@yahoo.es
I booked in advance through Booking.com as I was celebrating my birthday each time. Basic but clean and friendly and they will do laundry for you. about 10 mins walk from Cathedral and just a little to left of Camino as entering Burgos centre. I think about 30 euros per room per night.

The last two years I have stayed at the Hotel Majon, Gran teatro 1, 7º C, Burgos, 09004. Tel +0034947208689 and email hostalmanjon@yahoo.es
I booked in advance through Booking.com as I was celebrating my birthday each time. Basic but clean and friendly and they will do laundry for you. about 10 mins walk from Cathedral and just a little to left of Camino as entering Burgos centre. I think about 30 euros per room per night.
My wife and I also stayed at the Majon and can recommend it. We just called from Atapuerca the night before and reserved a room. Nothing fancy, just a basic clean bed and private bath for a change from the albergues.
Jim

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hotel El Cid
Overlooks the cathedral up the stairs.
70€ sleeps four, and has 24 hr check- in ( I think)

Hotel El Cid
Overlooks the cathedral up the stairs.
70€ sleeps four, and has 24 hr check- in ( I think)
Stayed in Hotel Cordon last September (2013). It was clean, comfortable and the service was very good and quite pleasant. The breakfast was the traditional Spanish breakfast of cafe con leche, bread, jam and butter. The hotel is located a short walk from the Cathedral and the Paseo de Espolon and has many little nearby places to eat and have drinks. It was around 60 Euros and we felt it was well worth it.

I have stayed in both Hotel Norte y Londres (within a few minutes of the Cathedral) and Hotel El Cid (within a few meters of the Cathedral) on different visits. Found both to be very good, clean and comfortable, very friendly staff, can recommend both.
Buen Camino.
Slán.
Des :)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
My wife and I also stayed at the Hotel Cordon and would highly recommend it. WE were there for 2 nights in 2012 and stayed there again in September 2013. Good breakfast and close to everything 1 block off the Camino and 5 minutes from the cathedral.

Jack

Hi Mandy,

I stayed in the Abba Burgos last year, it was very comfortable. We arrived early and were given our room with it's own private garden, it was great to stretch our weary legs in the sun (or shade for hubby) for the afternoon whilst drying out our clothes. A lot of rooms with either terrace or garden Lovely indoor pool to relax in as well, if you get a good price for the hotel I would recommend it. 2 minutes to the cathedral and on the camino.

Dee.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The Marriot also had a pilgrims rate 65 eur in march 2013; close to cathedral and river

The Puerta Romeros (http://www.puertaromeros.com/) has the advantage of being at the west end of Burgos, just after the Parque Parral and not too far from the Monasterio Real de las Huelgas. It cuts out about an hour of early morning urban walking. The innkeeper and his family are very friendly and helpful.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Hello!
Any recommendations for Burgos for a family of four? We come in by bus from Madrid at 2pm and leave the next morning so our stay will be short. Looking for a comfortable place along the Camino. Thinking Abba Burgos Hotel :)

Best,
Mandy

Hi Mandy,
Just took a closer look at your picture, My wife and I walked numerous days with your clan in Sept 2012.
We went back to Burgos last year and completed our walk back to Santiago. Looks like your heading back.
Buen Camino
Jack and Linda

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
We stayed at Northe Y Londres in 2013. Great location & clean. Only drawback was that they would not turn on the heat in the rooms until about 5 pm or so and it was very cold when we were there (think snow flurries)

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.