• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Burgos-Santiago

LynneR

Time of past OR future Camino
CF '16, '18
Hello- I am currently in Burgos and my first day on the path is tomorrow. My flights went smoothly; no delays, no request to see my health form in Amsterdam. I did have to show my QR code at Madrid airport. Considering everything, lines at airports moved quickly.
Burgos is beautiful. About half the people walk around with a mask. Other than that, it’s a gorgeous scene and it feels like a dream that I’m here!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I don’t know what it is, but it feels to me that this year we have a lot more live threads going on than usual, even for a normally busy camino season.

I wonder if it’s because all our communal pre-camino apprehension, questions, covid uncertainties, etc. made us feel even more connected to this great community and thankful for all the help others were so quick to give.

Other than that, it’s a gorgeous scene and it feels like a dream that I’m here!

Anyway…. to you @LynneR, I wish you a very wonderful camino from Burgos. I am glad your flights went smoothly.

And if by chance you happen to be from the US, telling us that the connection in Amsterday went smoothly and with no covid-hiccups is in itself very helpful information. I know I (an others) have been worried about making connections in other countries on my way to Spain, so this is good to know and reassuring!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hello- I am currently in Burgos and my first day on the path is tomorrow. My flights went smoothly; no delays, no request to see my health form in Amsterdam. I did have to show my QR code at Madrid airport. Considering everything, lines at airports moved quickly.
Burgos is beautiful. About half the people walk around with a mask. Other than that, it’s a gorgeous scene and it feels like a dream that I’m here!

Post as often you can add pics as well.

Buen camino.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Buen Camino!

So happy for you. Buen Camino

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hello from Hornillos. All is excellent. Looks like a few albergues are open in Hornillos. Several pilgrims. I’m at Meeting Point. They had a communal dinner and I’m in a room where 8 of the 10 beds are filled. Some masks here but it’s rather relaxed, even at the bar where I went for an Estrella Galicia : ) Maybe smaller towns are like that? Too soon to tell.
I was worried that it would feel different…it doesn’t. It’s the same; pilgrim’s are happy and friendly. The spirit is alive.
Poor wifi from my room so I’ll add pics later. Bye for now.
Lynne

Good to hear from you, I loved Burgos. You go into the Meseta soon, it is a tough stage, especially in the present heat. It is a tough stage but I met fantastic people on this part. Leave early in the mornings with the heat, Buen Camino
The water fountain operates from a foot pedal. Guess who couldn't figure that out first thing in the morning and proceeded without full bottles of water during a heat wave.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hola and Buen Camino, Lynn! I too plan to start my next Camino (my 6th) from Burgos in mid-September. Enjoy! There is a gem around every corner.

They had a communal dinner and I’m in a room where 8 of the 10 beds are filled. Some masks here but it’s rather relaxed, even at the bar where I went for an Estrella Galicia : ) Maybe smaller towns are like that? Too soon to tell.
Take care, be safe, buen camino!

Hello again. I am in Sahagún today. I’ve seen more pilgrims on the path, but the numbers are
lower than I’ve experienced in past years.
The general spirit is the same.
Not many people talk about the pandemic, so it is nice to have that escape. Albergues have not been full…No problem getting a place. I’ve been booking a day ahead, but so far I would not have needed to do that.
Some people mask outside; some do not.
I am at the Albergue de Santa Cruz (monastery). They will not do a communal dinner. But they are so kind and hospitable. I recommend them, regardless of your religious background. They are simply kind people offering comfort to pilgrims. All is well on the Camino.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hello-
Just a quick update for those coming here soon.
I feel very safe as I’m outside all day and able to keep a safe distance from others. I’m seeing more and more pilgrims beyond Leon, but far fewer than past years. I’m enjoying a quieter Camino.
*My one concern happened today and from talking with others it may be happening in a few other places. First I’ll say that most hosts have been diligent with Covid safety guidelines. However, today a host put me in a very small room with three other pilgrims and the room had no windows. I don’t know what the rules are about the number of pilgrims in a specific size of a room, so they may have been within the guidelines, but it was a tight fit so I felt uncomfortable. I asked for a single room and they let me apply the amount I paid for the bed to the upcharge. Problem solved. But this will add to my expenses if it keeps happening.
My point is to be aware of the albergues’ policies. This was the first day I felt too close for comfort. While there are fewer albergues open, there are plenty available beds, so choose wisely!
Have a good night. Lynne

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi Lynne,
My husband will be a volunteer hospitalero at a Municipal in a village in the last half of September. He was told the albergue is currently at half capacity due to Covid restrictions.

Enjoy your Camino.
Janet

Hi Lynne!
Thank you so much for these helpful updates. One question: how are you making reservations? Booking.com? Calling ahead? An app? In the past I would use booking.com but as you probably know, not all the albergues are listed on it.
Thank you so much!

I
Hi Lynne!
Thank you so much for these helpful updates. One question: how are you making reservations? Booking.com? Calling ahead? An app? In the past I would use booking.com but as you probably know, not all the albergues are listed on it.
Thank you so much! I am currently on Camino and am using the app Camino ninja.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I'd like some recommendations about where to find the most current and up to date information about albergues that are actually open. I'm currently walking the camino Frances, and I can't even...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
Today is March 21, 1024 If you’re starting El Francés around this time, be warned that quite a few stretches between Rabanal del Camino and Molinaseca are in pretty bad shape. Lots of mud, and...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.